• ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Television Manhattan

bit_pattern

Ex-Bluelighter
Is looking pretty damned good after the first episode. Broadcast on WGN who were responsible for Salem, that was utter pus that I canned after the first episode so was pretty sceptical about this one. Turns out it's actually decent. A period drama set around bunch of physicists working on the Manhattan Project in New Mexico. Everyone is holed up with their families in a super-secretive military base where they can't talk about what they are doing. It's full of rivalry, intrigue and betrayal. Only two episodes have been aired so far, each one is a solid hour of quality TV - I reckon this is one to get on early.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manhattan_(TV_series)

gonna check this out later tonight. sounds good, also interested in set/costume design. i'm excited.

Have been waiting for this to come out, I have two episodes now (I think) that I can get started with. Will report back soon.

There were a couple of scenes that stretched credibility a tad:

NSFW:
Like the peyote scene, I really don't think that would have been a thing. And the Chinese physicist having his head blown off, it stretched credibility that a softly spoken physicist overpower an MP like that

OK so far (ep 3) but the attempts at building dramatic conflict feel a tad contrived. Still, I'm interested to see how events develop next week.