• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Cocaine Man, IV coke is intense but not at the same time. Thoughts?

Snowmage

Greenlighter
So for a month now I've been using coke, maybe about a gram and a bit max, every weekend, usually on a Friday. This particular month I've been shooting it about 2 to 3 times during my regular session where the majority of my use is snorting it. The crooks of my arms are the main place I'm able to shoot up in, but in the back of my mind I wonder about the damage I'm doing to those veins.

Anyways, tonight I am sure I overdosed. This is one of the few times I ever overdosed on anything, and the first time with hard drugs via iv. I was so screwed up I thought I was going to die. I was afraid of the pain of dying but for some reason prepared for and accepted the fact that it may happen.

Just as a reference, it felt like a bellringer x10, dizzy, fast breathing, unaware of heartbeat, unable or unwilling to move, laying on my back with my legs in the air attempting to bring some blood to my head. Talking myself through a possible death and the aftermath of being found with trackmarks on my arms and cocaine in my messy as hell room.

Now I understand the "cocaine is a helluva drug" thing.

OD for sure, of course

Tell you what - IV cocaine is unsustainable and devstatingly bad for you.

You could use this OD as a warning maybe and just stop that ROA right now - nothing good will come from it, just misery

Coke in itself is a grim drug trust me. Grim.

Edit - oh, and welcome to BL mate

Last edited:
OD for sure, of course

Tell you what - IV cocaine is unsustainable and devstatingly bad for you.

You could use this OD as a warning maybe and just stop that ROA right now - nothing good will come from it, just misery

Coke in itself is a grim drug trust me. Grim.

Edit - oh, and welcome to BL mate
I've lurked here for years reading experiences and learning as much of the truthful information as I could when the mood would strike me. Ever since I've been 12 or 13 I've been fascinated with altered states, which may be partially due to being raised by a fairly severe but rarely abusive alcoholic father. Lucid dreaming was my first foray into non-reality, and while I have had many close calls with addiction, not quite life ruining but damn close to losing control over my life, I've maintained this interest despite the occasional warnings I would experience. With that being said, this iv coke overdose was terrifying, now that it's been a few hours since I shot up that ridiculous amount of blow. I feel somewhat indifferent but I think I'm still in shock. Once i sleep at some point and wake up to a new day, it's going to sink in. Wondering what future me will think of this madness, even the current me that is still in the middle of using is freaked out somewhat. Normally this version of myself can block out anything.

Sorry for the wall of text, I'm still feeling somewhat wired from the drugs and the frightening experience. Thank you for welcoming me to the site.

Your post is fine my friend, no need for alologies

I'm glad you've had this shock mate - it could be the best thing that ever happened to you - a warning but also potentially an absolute blessing

If you never IV again then 'future you' will be very happy (not that I believe in the future lol - it's always now afterall)

If you ditch coke altogether then 'future you' will be ecstatic!

Well coke in not intense and is at the same time. Snorted.. Never tried I.V, just smoking but I think I understand you.
O yeah Snowmage, ever tried psychedelics or dissos? I have a feeling you might get what you are looking for there with lees dangers than with coke. Tho you would still need to be very careful to not overdo it, I guess a lot more careful with dissos. I get that feeling cuz the way you embraced idea of dying. For an intense psychedelic and disso experiences (tho disso experiences I'm thinking of are psychedelic too) being fine with death is very needed as most encounter such experiences if deep experiences are aimed.

Well coke in not intense and is at the same time. Snorted.. Never tried I.V, just smoking but I think I understand you.
O yeah Snowmage, ever tried psychedelics or dissos? I have a feeling you might get what you are looking for there with lees dangers than with coke. Tho you would still need to be very careful to not overdo it, I guess a lot more careful with dissos. I get that feeling cuz the way you embraced idea of dying. For an intense psychedelic and disso experiences (tho disso experiences I'm thinking of are psychedelic too) being fine with death is very needed as most encounter such experiences if deep experiences are aimed
I've done some experimenting and actual inner "work" with psychedelics and still do to this day. Usually mushrooms since they are easier to get a hold of, and happen to be more forgiving for me compared to lsd. It does help somewhat with pointing me in the right direction, but I end up getting caught up in this bullshit again after the while. My anxiety seems to be constant

I've done some experimenting and actual inner "work" with psychedelics and still do to this day. Usually mushrooms since they are easier to get a hold of, and happen to be more forgiving for me compared to lsd. It does help somewhat with pointing me in the right direction, but I end up getting caught up in this bullshit again after the while. My anxiety seems to be constant
stimulant will 100% make your anxiety worse, there are not many certainties in life but I think that's one of them!

And wow - shrooms more forgiving than lsd? I've hard it said before but not often. I do love the shrooms though (but it's been a while now...) but have definitely had more challenging trips with them than with lsd............shroom doses in the range of 2 - 25g (usual dose 4-6g) lsd doses range from 100 - 500ug (usual dose 150-250ug, and I'm talking genuinely dosed)

Yes, I'm one of those weirdos that are more at home, so to speak, in the shroom-verse than lsd-land! I normally take 2 or 3 grams for a regular trip, or 5 to 6 for the kind of trip where I really need a total reset.

Brief update. I'm alive and well! Arms resemble pin cushions a bit but not as bad as I suspected while I was high. I think I'm going to get rid of the used and clean needles I have for good.

I enjoy recreational drug use, but this isn't exactly recreational, it's akin to playing with life. I don't regret going this far, but I sure as hell know what the outer limits of this shit is like. Gives me a new perspective on hard drugs and just how dangerous they can be, both physically and psychologically.

Thanks for the kind and understanding responses, peace 🙏

You almost need to experience the comedown of Iv coke as a penance, it’s literally the benefits and consequences all within 30 minutes