PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Magic Mushrooms might become legal in Denver

Tonberry King

Bluelighter
Here is my source:

https://www.cpr.org/news/story/denver-voters-magic-mushrooms-legal

Denver looks like it is going all in on citizen consumption rights. I applaud the effort but I hope they put heavy restrictions on this if it goes through. In the article linked, neuroscientist Michele Ross naively compares Cannabis to Psilocybin as being similarly harmless and I disagree. I think Mushrooms need an extra bit of effort to be properly indulged. One bad trip for a naive teenager could be tragic, especially if they are not in a safe place. How do you folks feel about all this?

Mushrooms are indeed equally harmless as cannabis if we're simply comparing toxicity. Even then I think cannabis has a higher rate of mental issues attributed to it than people think. That isn't to say I think it dangerous, I mean I consume cannabis daily. But I do think saying mushrooms could ruin someone's life is a bit much. Sure they can be unsettling, even terrifying. I'm just of the opinion that 'bad trips' aren't so much of a thing as negative mindsets are.

^ Agreed. People should be able to choose for themselves in all ways. There are lots of dangers in the world and they are a part of life. Just getting in a car (piece of steel with wheels) can be dangerous. Life - dangerous

I Love Colorado these days. I am waiting on cannabis stores to happen on the east coast. It is taking too long though. :)

^ but a good percentage of people are too stupid to make good choices. Thats why we have constant DUI deaths. But for you that's ok, because even stupid irresponsible people should get to do whatever they want?

I'm for government regulation of plenty of things. On the topic of mushrooms, I think they should be legal. Heroin should be by some sort of prescription only like methadone, not freely legal. Crack?...crack should be illegal no matter what. No benefit to it and lots of harm

^Yes. I don't think legislation stops anything and no one sits on such a high ground as to tell another what they can do or not. Irresponsible is the issue and drinking or other stupid things are a symptom of that issue. So it's not the substance. Of course if things become legal we would hope people are responsible. Over 18 laws and other sensible warnings apply. But yes, even irresponsible people can do what they want because no one cam tell another what responsible is. Some might say posting on a drug board is irresponsible.

Legalize it all. Let the chips fall where they may.

Yeah, look at how good a job opiate prohibition is doing.

Yay about the shrooms. They best not forget about about psilocybe azurescens.