• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Lyrica and Diazepam Issue

endlessnameless

Bluelighter
So for opioid withdrawals my method of mitigating the symptoms is 400mgs Lyrica and 4mgs Trannex. Now with that combination they both kick in pretty quick and it cuts my withdrawals down by about 70%.

The problem is, I recently got a prescription for Diazepam (60 x 10mgs) and when I take the Lyrica and the Diazepam, the latter has no affect. It seems like the Lyrica is cancelling it out. Has anyone had a similar experience or know the science being that?

How much diazepam are you taking?

4mg Trannex (alprazolam) is equivalent to approximately 60-80mg of diazepam.

I think it's more likely that you've developed a tolerance to the benzos, rather than lyrica cancelling out the diazepam. It should be potentiating it, not cancelling it out. Using both lyrica and alprazolam together will cause significant tolerance to occur more quickly than just using one at a time.

Gotta be super careful not to cop gaba pam and sodium channel blocker habits getting off opes. Ime wds from lyrica and benzos far surpasses opioid wd in severity and danger, and can happen shockingly fast taking high doses every day.

It seems like the Lyrica is cancelling it (diazepam) out
Benzodiazepines and pregabalin (lyrica) do indeed potentiate, IME. I rarely mess with the pregab but if I take it with a dose of bnz I am in deep sleep mode. I do keep a low tolerance for both.
All that has been posted seems to be spot on, imo/e.
Be safe and unless it's only been a couple weeks with the alprazolam I wouldn't just stop all of a sudden. Especially at 4mg/day.
J

I remember your last post, have you been taking benzos daily since then? 4mg alprazolam daily is quite a lot. As cdin said, it's a worse hole than opioids.
True, so I'm thinking I'll cut down to 20mgs of Diazepam a day and gradually wean down. It definitely wouldnt be safe to just stop, but I dont have any Trannex left - just the Diazepam.

Day 2
Gotta be super careful not to cop gaba pam and sodium channel blocker habits getting off opes. Ime wds from lyrica and benzos far surpasses opioid wd in severity and danger, and can happen shockingly fast taking high doses every day.
Thanks for your reply. Can you elaborate on what I've highlighted please? I'm not sure what it means, thanks again.

How much diazepam are you taking?

4mg Trannex (alprazolam) is equivalent to approximately 60-80mg of diazepam.

I think it's more likely that you've developed a tolerance to the benzos, rather than lyrica cancelling out the diazepam. It should be potentiating it, not cancelling it out. Using both lyrica and alprazolam together will cause significant tolerance to occur more quickly than just using one at a time.
What?! Oh my god, I was told 4mgs of Trannex was much, much lower than that in terms of its equivalance to Diazepam. That just scared the crap out of me, now I have to rethink my entire taper regimen.

What?! Oh my god, I was told 4mgs of Trannex was much, much lower than that in terms of its equivalance to Diazepam. That just scared the crap out of me, now I have to rethink my entire taper regimen.

yeah, 0.5mg alprazolam = 10mg diazepam

it is quite a bit more potent

BZD+Equivalence+Table+%282%29.PNG

Ok thank you so much. Sweet lord. I'm going to have to completely revise what I'm going to do.

My mind is too clouded from withdrawal to work it out right now.

I'd much rather switch back to the Trannex but I can't do that until I get paid on Monday and all I have here is Diazepam 10mgs (about 320mgs), In truth they make me groggy whereas the Trannex didn't; combined with the Lyrica they had a sort of synergy that got me up and going in the mornings after a few cups of tea,

yeah, 0.5mg alprazolam = 10mg diazepam

it is quite a bit more potent

BZD+Equivalence+Table+%282%29.PNG
This is correct I was about to correct the 4mg of Xanax being 60-80mg diazepam, but its snafu hell correct him self ;) or someone will chime in. Your in good hands!
Ok thank you so much. Sweet lord. I'm going to have to completely revise what I'm going to do.

My mind is too clouded from withdrawal to work it out right now.

I'd much rather switch back to the Trannex but I can't do that until I get paid on Monday and all I have here is Diazepam 10mgs (about 320mgs), In truth they make me groggy whereas the Trannex didn't; combined with the Lyrica they had a sort of synergy that got me up and going in the mornings after a few cups of tea,
A little heads up, diazepam is known to be more sleep inducive in benzo tolerant people, I especially tend to find it most common in those who use them to fight withdrawals.

As for the Xanax due to being us to it there's a good chance the initial knock off of symptoms are not going to be the same even with equal dosage of diazepam but as prior mentioned it is certainly going to last far longer and be a great substance to help with generally any withdrawal to be honest.

In my country Alprazolam is seen as half the strength of Clonazepam, at least in some of the guidelines here last I checked, and I have active homies actively prescribed.

So for opioid withdrawals my method of mitigating the symptoms is 400mgs Lyrica and 4mgs Trannex. Now with that combination they both kick in pretty quick and it cuts my withdrawals down by about 70%.

The problem is, I recently got a prescription for Diazepam (60 x 10mgs) and when I take the Lyrica and the Diazepam, the latter has no affect. It seems like the Lyrica is cancelling it out. Has anyone had a similar experience or know the science being that?
Not a direct answer but I noticed lyrica works well and diazepam does nothing for my WD.

They both have different binding sites so there isn’t competition there but pharmacology is so complicated these drugs could be doing shit we don’t even know about yet.