• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

LSD + Xanax... will it cut off the trip or just make it a mellow one?

Hm how bout instead of doses like 1mg or 2 fucking mg xanax bar, take like .25 or .5mg of xanax 30min before the dose. That seems like it would be a real low dose and it seems like it would give more of a relaxing feel to the trip. A lot of you guys are saying it dulls the trip more and such but a lot of you guys are also saying your taking 1mg or 2mg.. which is a relatively good amount.

Once you learn that you are in control of an LSD trip, the notion of taking xanax to mellow your trip will seem as absurd as mellowing an opiate high with naloxone.

I think for mitigation of bad trip, i think the right move is to keep the pill at the ready, but not use it if not needed. Sometimes just knowing you have that option helps.

I've been considering something like this too...

Not out of fear of a bad trip, but to push it to a more recreational direction - I often have trouble just sitting listening to music and enjoying where my tripping mind goes and watching the colors play over the darkened beach (or similar location), and that's usually the best part of a trip, but i often have trouble getting myself to sit down, relax, and enjoy it... I find that lately when i walk while tripping, i don't reach the heights that i would looking into the distance on a similar dose, not sure why.

I've been considering opiates vs benzos - i don't want to kill the trip, but rather to encourage me to stay put and enjoy the trip. I recently got some subutex, which has been the only opiate that i've enjoyed, so that's opened up opiates as an option for me (as I feel sick and bleh on most opiates).

Most responses indicate a total misunderstanding of LSD or any true psychedelics. You will NEVER experience the other-worldly heights of LSD at raves, hanging around with friends, etc. I also was interested in seeing if Xanax can improve the journey into ego-death and the secrets of the divine, but all i see here is the usual teeny-bopper experiences. Anybody truly conversant with the supernatural elements of a tru "trip" please respond.

I think for mitigation of bad trip, i think the right move is to keep the pill at the ready, but not use it if not needed. Sometimes just knowing you have that option helps.

I've been considering something like this too...

Not out of fear of a bad trip, but to push it to a more recreational direction - I often have trouble just sitting listening to music and enjoying where my tripping mind goes and watching the colors play over the darkened beach (or similar location), and that's usually the best part of a trip, but i often have trouble getting myself to sit down, relax, and enjoy it... I find that lately when i walk while tripping, i don't reach the heights that i would looking into the distance on a similar dose, not sure why.

I've been considering opiates vs benzos - i don't want to kill the trip, but rather to encourage me to stay put and enjoy the trip. I recently got some subutex, which has been the only opiate that i've enjoyed, so that's opened up opiates as an option for me (as I feel sick and bleh on most opiates).

MXE is perfect for making you "stay put and enjoy the trip".

Once you learn that you are in control of an LSD trip, the notion of taking xanax to mellow your trip will seem as absurd as mellowing an opiate high with naloxone.

^ This.

The one time I lost my shit completely on a psychedelic, I was wandering around aimlessly around in a suburb I had no direction in, could barely see, having a complete panic attack until I decided enough I was enough. I screamed out loud "This is all in my head" and it all stopped. I learned a lot that night.

Bad trips tend to have good consequences if you approach them with the right mindset.

Most responses indicate a total misunderstanding of LSD or any true psychedelics. You will NEVER experience the other-worldly heights of LSD at raves, hanging around with friends, etc. I also was interested in seeing if Xanax can improve the journey into ego-death and the secrets of the divine, but all i see here is the usual teeny-bopper experiences. Anybody truly conversant with the supernatural elements of a tru "trip" please respond.

Enjoying the view from your high horse? Your question has been answered, in this thread, and elsewhere on this forum.

Benzos dull the experience. Whether it be a high dose, or a low dose, the effect is the same-to dull the intensity of the experience.

I used Xanax while on acid one time because I was on the verge of freaking out. My tolerance to Xanax was low at the time, but I've had a lot of experience with it. Basically I took 1 too many hits of acid while trying to reach my desired trip intensity level, and realized that I couldn't see my arms when I moved them instead of seeing the usual trails. Music was completely warped in tone and time. It all caught me by surprise and the focus of my trip became a constant attempt to maintain some control over my sanity because I wasn't used to being that high on acid. I phoned a friend who came over and gave me 2 mg. of Xanax which terminated my trip within 20 minutes. Sure I still had some minor effects once the Xanax kicked in, but the trip was over. I was disappointed that the acid effects became too weak, but I was grateful to not be too high for comfort.

I took benzos by script for a handful of years and still was able to trip. If you have a tolerance, and take the same dosage daily, especially in the morning, it won't have an effect on acid later in the day. I know this because I've tripped many times since going off the pills. However, if you increase your dosage later in the day, or have no tolerance to benzos at all, it will bring down the intensity and dissociate you from the experience.

The best way to explain it imo is that it makes the experience feel as if it is not happening to YOU, and instead you're watching it happen. This can have a gigantic change in the way you perceive the trip, which changes what you think about, and the effect it has on your mind, etc etc etc.

Last edited:

^AWESOME QUOTE, sorry if I brought this back from the dead I got it off google. How about people taking a normal daily dosage of 3mg klonopin, can they trip and how much should dose be increased if so? (roughly I know you can't tell me exactly what the best dose would be)

I find that Xanax and other benzos will decrease the trip and calm you down. I like to take benzos when my trip is ending to help come off it and help me sleep, as I start to feel very wired if I have been tripping for a long time.

I have never been anxious about taking LSD but the first few times I tried DMT I felt quite nervous so I took some Valium before to relieve the anxiety.

Recently I took a 2mg Xanax bar, because I get quite spontaneous on benzos I decided to trip soon after I took it. (I would normally not do this before as to not decrease the trip) However I had more than I needed so I ended up taking 700ug spread over a few hours. I hadn't ever taken much more than 300ug before and had previously felt like that was enough of a head fuck for me. However because I had taken Xanax before I had one of the best trips of my life. I feel like I decreased the effect of the LSD but I was not worried about wasting it and I ended up tripping harder than I thought I could handle and really enjoyed it.

(Don't think it will magically make you feel fine though, I am quite drug tolerant and have had countless experiences with different trips previously.)

Im well experienced in almost every well known drug and I can say that in my experience Xanax cancels out the LSD Trip (maybe not completely but enough to where you dont feel all trippped out and can sleep easily). One of my friends told me about this effect a few years ago and this past summer [2018] I put the theory to the test. I went about a month tripping at least 4 out of 7 days a week after work each day. I would get home about 6 or 7pm and take some LSD doses ranging from small (1/4 hit) to medium/high (2-3 hits), I would trip until about 2-4am each night and when I wanted it to end so I could sleep I would eat 1/4-3/4 of a green or yellow xanax bar. I will say I dont regularly take xanax so my tolerance to it is low, really the only times I take Xanax are at the end of an Acid Trip. It rapidly decreased my visuals and made me feel like the trip totally came to a halt. I know many people say it doesnt fully stop the trip but I never stayed awake long enough after that to find out. I would go right to sleep, get 4-6 hours of sleep and be ready for work in the morning feeling great. Occasionally I did have some residual LSD effects while at work the following day, nothing serious just slightly noticeable. For instance one day after having tripped the night before it was raining in the morning and I could hear the Electrical Transformers on the power line posts interacting with the rain, like I heard a buzzing and zapping like the electricity in the air around the transformers arching to the rain drops, I asked my coworkers if they could hear it and they all looked at me like I was nutts and told me to take a break from the acid lol. But yeah moral of the story is Xanax will chill out your LSD trip enough where you can comfortably go to sleep.

Benzos will mute the trip and if you take enough, will totally kill it. I was having a panic attack once on a shit ton of psychedelics and took 2mg of etizolam and it muted it just enough that I could have an amazing rest of my trip. But I'd save benzos for panic attacks and emergencies, it's much better to work through your feelings and resolve them. And also to make sure your setting is good (ie, in a safe place, with people you trust, etc).

But yeah basically benzos are the opposite of psychedelics. You're better off taking less of a psychedelic if you're just gonna add benzos, it's basically the same thing.