View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

LSD and testing for adulterants

Seph

Bluelighter
So I recently got told by a friend that they have a source for LSD but as I like to be safe I was considering trying to obtain some form of testing reagent , my question is are there any testing kits that will identify LSD , nbomes and dox compounds with easily differencated results?

But I've read of nbomes reacting purple with it for some reason after maybe 10mins , people thinking that they just got weak Lucy that took a while to react then only realised when they consumed it .

Consider that it's possible to receive NBOMe tabs 'adulterated' with an indole like LSD for the sole purpose of giving a false-positive to an Ehrlich's reagent test...

IIRC, some of the other kits like Marquis/Mecke/Mandelin will react in different ways to the presence of say 25i-NBOMe. It may be worth doing some research on whether this is correct, and if so testing 'LSD' blotters with them to see if they show anything, even if they've already given a positive reaction to Ehrlich's

this is something I am interested in, if anyone had any info or could point me to some it would be much appreciated. looking to test purity just like op

would the best way to test for purity be to use whatever test kits are available on the market that can distinguish common adulterants or possible substitutes, as compared to just trying to use one test to verify if the unknown substance even contains the desired chemical..?

Sorry I don't know much about this type of stuff, any info would be appreciated. thanks.

Reagents like erlichs and marquis only test for the presence of substances, not purity. The only way to test for purity would be to get it lab tested. ive never had the trusty erlichs reagent fail me in the few years I've been testing L at festivals, not to say it couldn't happen. Which is why I use 2-3 different reagents like mandelin or mecke. In my experience, nbome's have never triggered a false pink/purple erlichs reaction, and are actually one of the easier classes to id with marquis as the react very specifically and brightly - unlike the tryptamines which all pretty much turn brown. I tested s friends suspected nbome tab, and was even able to tell him it was 25B, because all of the nbome's react very different colors than each other. Anyway, get like a bunk police kit or dancesafe, those are both good. Happy fishing!

Yes. Testing with the ehrlich will only react to indoles. Useing a second or third reagent should make any adulterants obvious because lsd should not cause them to react(if you are testing blotter paper the marquis will turn a little dark from the paper burning).

That's Erhlich's, it tests for indoles - like the page says that does include drugs like 5-MeO-DMT but only very few tryptamines are ever found on blotter I think because the doses are too high for most. 5-MeO-aMT is possible.... 5-MeO-MiPT probably requires larger blotters.
I wouldn't expect the indole to be put with NBOMe's to mislead this test to be LSD because it might require enough of a dose that it's nearly ridiculous to waste LSD on it when other cheap indoles (that don't even have to be psychoactive) would also react. You might as well just make decent LSD doses otherwise.

Needless to say, NBOMe's passed off as acid is already highly dubious, but adding an indole (not sure how often this has been confirmed to happen, rather than misunderstandings) is like adding 'a big fuck you to your HR' on top.

Marquis reagent would not be specific for LSD testing but does differentiate between LSD and NBOMe and some other compounds so it would not be fooled. Ideally you test with Marquis and Ehrlich's side by side, but it seems arguable whether Ehrlich's is ideal when there are these weird possible scenarios with decoy indoles. Main problem I guess with Marquis is that there is overlap in the color reaction with both NBOMe's and LSD showing a yellow orange initially, but NBOMe's develop into green. You can see here that it may very well be too subtle to say something about it conclusively.
Ehrlich's aka 'lsd drug test reagent' is nice and specific for when the main possibilities are just either LSD or bunk: nothing at all on the blotter.

Hoffman's Reagent shows pink or nothing at all for 25B-NBOMe and a considerably darker violet for LSD. Honestly might be better than Marquis as addition to the Ehrlich's.
I don't think this is the same guy who invented it as who discovered LSD - spelled Hofmann. Also I can find almost no information about this reagent... really weird.

To avoid reactions with the paper, extract the drug from the blotter into a very small volume of solvent (like alcohol - you may use rubbing alcohol as everclear is not as available to everyone) and apply the reagent. I have a special porcelain wells grid for testing but I guess many use something like a small saucer. I wonder if the sulphuric acid eats at the glazing of normal porcelain / china?

Read here on this topic of RCs on blotter: http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/threads/498199-The-Big-amp-Dandy-Research-Chemicals-on-Blotters-Thread
It lists color reactions of Marquis...

Last edited: