View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

LSD and Seizures?

Mr Dobalina

Ex-Bluelighter
I posted this before I dont know why it got deleted?

Does LSD lower the seizure threshold?

Fuck! Would taking a Benzo before LSD prevent seizures?

Benzo might make it even worse but it will heavily depend on how your body reacts to a certain benzo. They are actually on this list as a potential seizure inducers.

if you have a seizure problem, be cautious about using psychedelics (inform your friends, and don't do it alone) - even marijuana will enhance cerebral signal feedback, and if that feedback or sustained resonance reaches any frequency which, when sustained, causes your seizures, you will certainly seize.

Psychedelics typically enable signals in the brain to be sustained longer than usual, this signal persistence is fundamental to psychedelic effects which when experienced, mixed in different ways, produces enhanced sensation, colors, cogitation, layered imagery, echoes, trails, deja vu, fractal interpolation, polyopia etc.

if you have a seizure problem, be cautious about using psychedelics (inform your friends, and don't do it alone) - even marijuana will enhance cerebral signal feedback, and if that feedback or sustained resonance reaches any frequency which, when sustained, causes your seizures, you will certainly seize.

Psychedelics typically enable signals in the brain to be sustained longer than usual, this signal persistence is fundamental to psychedelic effects which when experienced, mixed in different ways, produces enhanced sensation, colors, cogitation, layered imagery, echoes, trails, deja vu, fractal interpolation, polyopia etc.
What if I take a benzo beforehand? I know benzos are on that list but thats only during withdrawal. Clonazepam they gave me in hospital on my first seizure.

Last edited:
What if i take gabapentin beforehand ?

Edit,, ive read gabapentin by itself can cause seizures. Would this be only for people using it for other reasons than epilepsy and they get a paradox effect?

Last edited:
Benzodiazepines would help prevent seizures, but they can also prevent you from really tripping. With gabapentin, it's harder to say whether it would help. If you have a seizure disorder, it's best to stay away from psychadelics and avoid serotonergic drugs in general. Of course, it's entirely dependent on what type of seizures you get, but I don't think anyone can tell you with certainty whether LSD will exacerbate your particularly type of epilepsy. Probably best to error on the safe side.

I understand what you are saying but i just couldn't imagine a life without drugs
xDDDD Neither I! But you are asking in a forum where harm reduction is enforced so don't expect from us to enncourage dangerous behaviour.

Be safe!

When it comes to the seizure threshold, are there differences between psychedelics? There must be. Can something be said about e.g phenethylamines or tryptamines? This is speculation, so don't take it as a fact; would sedating tryptamines like mushrooms or 4-AcO-DMT be safer than, say, the 2C family, not to mention the NBOMe series?

If you must use psychedelics, in this case LSD, a small dose of clonazepam would maybe be a good idea. It's one of the most powerful anticonvulsant benzos there are, and is not as sedating as e.g. diazepam. A small dose wouldn't be enough to completely dull the trip, and clonazepam is about as long acting as the acid itself.