Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

LSD: An exploration of the body, mind & spirit

Cosmic Elegance

Greenlighter
The trip takes place at night in my house, in my medium sized room. The room itself exudes a very earthy, elegant and exotic vibe; paintings of maps and Rodney White’s “Life Needs More Green Lights” lean or hang on my walls. Of which are painted a deep, rich brown, thus grounding the room. The remaining color palette consists of different shades of tans, reds, and browns illuminated by sensual lamps scattered about the room. A small, sleek black glass desk hugs the curving wall and sits sturdy next to a black, wooden drawer. Neatly on the desk lay pencils, pens, and paper. A stereo is there as well; whatever I need to help enhance my experience.
+0:00
It’s late in the evening and I’ve just settled down in my bed, comfortable and relaxed, excited and curious for what is to come. In my hand is a hot, steaming cup of freshly brewed herbal tea that I sip on it gingerly before I begin. I take out a small piece of tin foil and set aside the tea for now. I tentatively open the foil revealing a blotter a little smaller than my pinky nail; a trustworthy source has confirmed its purity. I promptly lick the blotter up and maneuver it under my tongue.
+0:15
I’ve spent the better part of the last fifteen minutes in deep meditation, my mind at peace and my body in complete relaxation. I open my eyes and look around to see if anything has changed and find that nothing yet has happened. Patiently I close my eyes again and continue meditating. Slowly, I begin to notice something, it’s very faint but growing; a warmth is gently engulfing my body and I start to feel a sense of happiness flood my mind. I open my eyes with a bit of excitement, and look around. I start to notice little variations, subtle changes in my perception of things. It’s very slight at first, the fabric of my bed looks to be flowing, the carpet too, giving the impression that I am on a boat, floating peacefully on the water. I am amazed even at the slightest of changes, this being my very first experience with any kind of psychedelic I am mesmerized, captivated with everything around me as if I were seeing it for the first time. The flowing begins to intensify, moving now to the paintings, that start to dance and shift in their frames. As I look, the colors start to brighten and come alive, they light the room, vibrant and vivid, crisp and yet fluid. My room is alive and flowing all around me; yet something tells me I’ve only just begun.
+0:25
I am alive and filled with energy, surrounded by this incredible and enchanting world. The effects began to hit me in waves of indescribably amazing sensations; as I sat in awe at the colorful world flowing world around me I began to notice little details in the carpet. They were subtle at first, just as all the other effects had began but these were more fascinating than anything else I had seen before. As they began to take more defined shapes I realized that they were fractals, the basic structure of all living things; unified and unique. At first they fell on the carpet like snow flakes, falling on top of each other, accumulating. The more I focused on them the clearer they became and soon I realized that they were everywhere, in everything. In the fabric of my bed they rearranged and took form, on my drawers, the wall, the ceiling, they were incredible. The structures themselves were even more incredible and insightful but I’ll discuss those later. For now though I sat in my bed amazed. This of course was all before I realized I was sitting down, all before I realized I had a body, before I felt my skin. It was surreal, it was astonishing, it was beyond words, I looked down and saw my legs thinking ‘what on Earth are these?’ They’re are legs, I said out loud, these are my legs, this is my body. I ran my hands down my calves and was immediately met with a euphoric feeling of pleasure and warmth, running like a water color in the rain each touch exploded into sensations of ecstasy. I had never experienced such joy before, and soon found myself rolling on the bed, running my hands up and down my skin, entranced by the texture and solid mass I felt beneath my fingers. My body felt invincible and yet at the same time so delicately tender.
+0:35
I realize now that music was playing, it was low though and so I got up to change the song. When I got up, I was mystified by the feelings of my muscles and how the interacted so harmoniously with my actions. Even the feelings of my toes on the ground were heavenly. After what seemed like hours of pondering at the wonder of the human body I continued to the music and picked up my phone to change the song, the phone I found was an incredibly heavy object, like a magnet, it wanted to return to where it had rested. So I complied with it and decided to just use my fingers to navigate through the songs instead of picking it up. I changed the song to E.S Posthumus’s album ‘The Cartographer: Piri Reis Remix’ and was immediately captivated with a vision of a world that the album told of. I found to my astonishment that I had the uncanny ability to auto-draw, I would simply put the pen to paper and whatever I envisioned, I could draw on the paper. At first I started to trace the fractals that I saw before me onto the paper, it was such a surreal experience that I had to get used to the drawing first, I drew fractals, bone structures, anything to get acclimated. I felt as though I were being guided by an ancient teacher who was, through my pen, telling me stories of old and how they connect to myself and the present day. From the smallest scale to the largest, life experiences happiness and sorrow and they, my teachers expressed this through my pen. Soon, I began tell the story of this world, of this civilization. I felt so much power in that instance, the music guiding the theme, the teachers guiding my thoughts and my words governing the details of this world. I drew their discovery of an ancient and primal world, luscious and alive, overgrown, hiding a world once ravaged by war. I drew their exploration of this incredible world, how they would sail through the treacherous but awe-inspiring waters, see the mystic and archaic mountains and travel deep down into the curious and ominous caves below. As I drew this, I spoke aloud as well, narrating the lives of this civilization, rising and falling as they did, feeling their pain and suffering and yet reveling in their triumphs and discoveries. Later I realized that this was a journey not just of their discovery, but of mine as I simultaneously traveled deep inside myself embarking on a spiritual journey of my own, learning about the power that I wielded: creativity and intelligence. As this civilization rose, so too did my self-confidence (an attribute I was lacking before this) and as they fell, symbolizing hard times for my self, I would learn to remain resilient and adaptive, dynamic and remembering of the strength within myself both for my sake and the sake of this civilization. As the album came to completion I had lived and died a thousand times, learning the strength and resilience to keep going and the confidence and trust in myself to keep moving forward. I my purpose in this world was to be a creator, to bring to life, to imagine and to innovate. I felt as if I were a god, yet at that realization I was met with a terrible discomfort for it felt as though that thought had displeased the ancient teacher that seemed to be overlooking my journey. I dived deeper into this thought and realized that we are all gods in this world, we are all creators and destroyers, we are powerful entities, filled with incredible energy, both equal and yet possessing of the potential to be greater than ever could be imagined. This feeling of godliness was a feeling that would remain present throughout the trip; however it would take different shapes. Now, several other overarching themes were the leeching, draining, and ominous presence of death and decay. As they arose in my journey I would have to learn to adapt and understand their presence in our world and not learn to fear them but rather to respect the natural way of life.
+999
Time has lost all relevance at this point. I have fallen deep into the moment, into the present, into my own world. My Spiritual journeys have been layered in the most intricate ways, focusing on both the outside world and the internal world. They occur simultaneously, the paradoxes persisting in even the smallest of occasions. There is both good and bad in all there is in this world. All; a word that resonates deep inside me, we are all, all of the good and the bad. All is a culmination of all of these things, living together in harmony. It seems that everything I do or think about comes with a different perspective that is more of an insight on myself than anything else. After finishing the drawings, I shed my clothes and walked around and observed the world around me. Naked and pure, listening to Washed Out’s Paracosm. I felt a strong, very natural and primal attitude, almost instinctual and very primeval. As the music played I found I rose and fell with the music, at each crescendo I would come to a life-changing paradigm shattering discovery and at each fall I would sway and flow with the energy around me. I had turned off all the lights at this point and lied comfortably in my bed, melting into the mattress. My body was in a total meditative state and I was simply enjoying the world around me. In the darkness, the music too came alive.
The sound of music was bright and colorful; waves of color emulsified with the air in the room and swept me up along with them, my body remained apart of the bed, relaxed and in deep meditation but my mind and spirit roamed the room, flowing with the music, each sound created a pattern in the darkness, lighting up the room with color. I had strong sensations that I was traveling up a wormhole of sorts, through the spiraling fractals above; in that darkness I could see pure imagination building and growing all around me.
I then got up and went to the mirror as I remembered my friend telling me how strange and surreal it would be. My body was not exactly impaired, but more present and grounded. I knew I couldn’t operate any kind of machinery but something told me that I wasn’t really meant to; LSD makes me feel as though I were living in a primeval world, like Adam and Even in the Garden of Eden, experiencing this fascinating world for the first time, naked and joyful. When I looked in the mirror, I was almost blown away at the look of it; I looked like the Statue of David by Michelangelo and actually didn’t recognize myself until I looked deep into the black of my eye. Once I did, I felt very in control of my body and my mind as if I had decided to choose this figure, this structure to encapsulate my spirit and now that I had, I was now in control (another aspect of confidence that was low before hand)
I now returned to the desk and began to draw again only this time I was listening to Paracosm, an album that made me feel one with nature, I would draw with the most startling accuracy, life of all different forms. There were Jelly fish, and sharks, birds and wolves, each with their own symbolization and archetypal relation with my own life and personality. Each line I drew, each stripe I shaded, and face I detailed I would understand more and more about myself. This continued on for what I believe to be several more hours but at that time, time was an illusion, there was none. I was living in one continuous, fluid moment that was not governed by any sense of time. I have been living similar to this as much as possible, only using time when it benefits myself or aids in helping others. Time should be our ally, not our enemy.
Finally I began come down, it was gradual and very gentle; I did not feel any kind of discomfort in the comedown whatsoever. It was simply a welcomed warmly as I had felt very tired and well deserving of a rest. I slowly found myself regressing, falling back to my bed where I had began and closing my eyes to without a doubt, one of the most life-changing, ego-shattering, paradigm shifting, spiritual experiences of my entire life. There was no sorrow that it was over, but rather a gratefulness and appreciation for what it gave me; I closed my eyes slowly, entering a deep and blissful sleep.

This is soooooo beautiful..thank you for sharing!
The music suggestion is very nice too- Paracosm. I had never heard of them...will try and use them for my al-lad trips.
I almost had a similar experience with 25i NBOH...felt like a child and so greatful to life and happy for the whole experience.
It wasn't as deep but it was marvelling! I will try to meditate before next trip...I believe it might help.

What a wonderful report. <3 Thank you for sharing, I really felt it (having had my own experiences of similar magnitude). I really like your writing style, it's pretty unique. You should submit it to Erowid. And welcome to Bluelight. :)

I'm so glad you enjoyed it!
And my pleasure, after that trip I haven't been able to get enough of them!
I think the meditation will really help, I just honestly believe that the more respect and ritual you treat the psychedelic with, the more profound and beautiful the experience will be.
Either way I hope you have an incredible experience, and wish all the best!