• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Lost filling

sandralnorwood

Greenlighter
Hi all, I am here in Toronto to meet my aunt and I will be here for the next 1 year. I have done a root canal when I was in Germany (7 months ago), but now the filling came out and I am scared! My aunt said me to consult her dentist here in Toronto ( http://www.emergency-dental-365.com/ ), but will it be enough as I have done my filling in Germany? I can't go to Germany for the next 1 year as I am doing a course here. So what should I do? Can I consult the dentist here? I don't have the old medical reports with me. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you.

Use the resources available. If you feel important info might be missing go ahead and call or email your dentist in Germany and ask if there is anything your new dentists need to know about your previous treatments. If the info is complicated they can email or fax. There is no weeks long gap in communication across the Atlantic this century.

Yes, see a dentist in your present location. If there is any information they absolutely need they can contact your dentist in Germany. However, your situation sounds straight forward and they can probably take care of it without your records. Good luck!

Because the filling is covering a root canal, it's important to get looked at sooner than later because the root of the tooth is now exposed. If it gets infected it can spread to the jaw and cause other problems. If it was a regular filling and you could deal with the discomfort, I'd say just wait... but because it's a root canal filling I'd say get it looked at asap. They might be able to do a cheaper procedure where they will it with temporary epoxy that will naturally fall out in 4-6 weeks. By then you could be back in your home country to get proper dental work.