loracet and narco addiction problem

lostguy

Greenlighter
i been on hydrocodone for about two years but for the past year its been severe. about 300 mgs about a day and i am scared of my body shutting down on me and i have had a adverse side effects. i weight about 180 and 5 11 i never been a dependent person for any type of drugs but this is taking over my life and money. i am not a drinker just a addict for sets, loratabs, etc. also i been taking somas to ween off the loratabs because of the feeling i get taking so little but now i picked up a soma habbit, please give me some positive feedback in regards to my addictions. thanks and god bless to anybody that is going throught the same thing as me.

been there......you will be find. i know how ya feel. probably depresssed. try to taper hydro's down to 10mg;s and jump. might have one bad day after that you will be good. takes about 3 weeks to get over depression

been there too, if you can taper down and not add any new addictions that would be ideal. stay away from benzos, try and use the somas sparingly and you'll be better off in the long run. staying on opiates almost always leads to escalating doses and more negative consequences so stay strong and don't be afraid to get professional help if you need it.

im trying to taper but it seems like its just not working. i tell myself ok im going to treat myself today and it seems like its like that everyday. i have a strong mind but this is by far the hardest struggle i am dealing with.... ever. is there any other methods i can try. just this year two people i know have died from hydroclodone.

im trying to taper but it seems like its just not working. i tell myself ok im going to treat myself today and it seems like its like that everyday. i have a strong mind but this is by far the hardest struggle i am dealing with.... ever. is there any other methods i can try. just this year two people i know have died from hydroclodone.

If you have been on it for two years, and you can't seem to taper off, have you thought about going on Suboxone?

5mg of methadone in the AM another 5mg in the PM if needed for 7 days should clear the hydro out of your system.

Drop the methadone (which will not have become addictive at that dose for 7 days) and find some support brother, best of luck.

Well pref yes through a doctor , however , chances of finding a doctor who will simply prescribe a short detox like that out patient are slim. If you go to detox you can be done in 5-7 days, they will start you around 20,25 mgs and take you down 5mgs a day. Release you detoxed.

Or their are the other ways of getting methadone ... but yeah, that's not "recommended"

I'd give subs a shot with your habit, physically the acetaminophen is what's doing the most damage, if you could go to a sub doc and even just maintain on a small dose of sub it would help you a lot. It would cost you less in the long run and it'll be much easier on your liver. Then, when you're ready to taper down you can do so, once you are really ready to get off the subs the tapering isn't too bad.

I'm still on sub myself, I'm not tapering at the moment because I notice when I get down too low I start to crave Heroin, so I keep myself at a comfortable dose on subs. I know it's a controversial subject but I believe that sub maintenance is the lesser evil if you have to choose between subs and staying on your opiate of choice. Definitely worth a try imo.

thank you for the advice im stilll struggling but i have cravings for the somas but i went two days without it and i am thinking i dont really need it but it helps alot to lower my dosage on the loratabs