• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Loperamide maintenance question

ChicagoMike

Greenlighter
So today is day 7, no opiates. I've been taking a maintenance dose of lope every morning, just the recommended dose to keep the shits at bay. At what point should I stop taking it? Will I inevitably get the shits anyway when I stop taking it? Pretty much all of my other symptoms have subsided.

So today is day 7, no opiates. I've been taking a maintenance dose of lope every morning, just the recommended dose to keep the shits at bay. At what point should I stop taking it? Will I inevitably get the shits anyway when I stop taking it? Pretty much all of my other symptoms have subsided.
Ideally you might want to taper your dose of lope, half your daily dose every couple of days until a minimum dose is reached and discontinue use. Perhaps increase milk and cheese products as well (a little ice cream to celebrate some clean time eh?)

I just wanted to let everyone know, that I discontinued lope and my poop is normal now. I know everyone was on the edge of their seat about this. Lol

Cool. I have an ostomy when im in wd its a nightmare it pours out so i take like 20 a day. Even now on opiates i take about 5 a day you lucky no opiates or Lope and your goid. Congrats

I just wanted to let everyone know, that I discontinued lope and my poop is normal now. I know everyone was on the edge of their seat about this. Lol

Glad to hear it. High dose loperamide isn't so bad in terms of the constipation if you are using it to come off an opioid habit or some signficance - it's more the cardotoxic side effects of its use that are problematic.

In any case, I'm glad to hear you're pooping again normally. How are you feeling in terms of any withdrawals?

Sounds like you completed the first step to recovery. What are you going to do differently in you to stay off opioids?

(This post is written in the 3'rd person,
So it isn't necessarily about the individual posting it) Hi guys. I am new to this site and wanted to share a story to, hopefully, prevent anyone from hurting themselves. This stuff can be dangerous, no bullshit! People may think I'm trolling or whatever, but I'm only here to inform and pass along a story of one of my buddies. SWIM discovered lope a few years ago, and found it helpful to get rid of wd's, but also found that enough of it could make him feel fairly good if not taken too frequently. Eventually, he went on Sub's for his love of opiates and didn't have to mess with it anymore. He'd been off subs for about a year, and got squirly about 1.5-2 months ago. He messed around with lope again for about 2 weeks or so, starting off with about 100mgs (with no tolerance), and went up from there. Like anything else, he had the mentality that if a little feels good, a lot will feel excellent. So, one night, he bought a bottle of 200 with the intention of taking 100 pills twice over the course of a week or so. However, with his addict mentality, he ended up downing them all (yes, he realized how dumb it was at the time, but is in that "fuck it. Watever is going to happen is going to happen," place. Add this to extreme depression, and you've got a volatile combination. Now, there are those people out there who will say that it doesn't cross the BBB, and doesn't do anything but cure diarrhea, but they've obviously never tried it at a high enough dose (don't knock it until you've tried it) because by the end of the night, he was slurring his words very noticeably and having trouble keeping his eyes open. He'd been here before with real dope, so he thought nothing of it and went to sleep. When he woke up, he thought he was still dreaming,
because he didn't know where he was and was confused as hell. Turns out he was in the back of an ambulance heading to the er. When he asked what was going on, the paramedics told him he had od'd. Impossible he said, because he hadn't taken anything. Took a few minutes to realize that it must have been the lope, because they told him it had taken 2 shots of naloxone to bring him back. Fortunately, his girlfriend had found him when she did, be cause the high dose had triggered a full blown NSTEMI heart attack. All the narcotics tests had come back negative, since they don't test for lope, so at least he didn't have to explain another drug related hospitalization to his family. He spent another 4 days in the hospital under observation, because they couldn't figure out what had caused the heart attack in the first place. They ended up deciding that it was triggered by a seizure since he is also epileptic. He is home now and back to 100%. Fortunately, his gf had found him right after it had happened and there was no brain damage (he had stopped breathing almost entirely for a little while). So, the main point of this post is to warn everyone that otc does not mean safe. SWIM's story will be posted in any other lope related threads, not to double post the same story but to warn people. He realizes that this was a downright idiotic move on his part, but as he said, depression+ addiction + not giving a damn = recipe for disaster. Therefore, he would like to skip all the criticism, because he knew it was dangerous but just didn't care. So, the moral of this story is BE CAREFUL with this stuff. just because it isn't regulated by the DEA doesn't mean is not dangerous. He would almost recommend sticking to real dope that you are familiar with and know the right amount to take (this is not 100% safe by any means, but not necessarily 100% more dangerous either). If you are going to take the plunge, start small and give yourself a few days in between each use. Lope had a pretty long half - life (19 hours), so you may end up taking more than intended if taken too close together. THIS POST IS NOT WRITTEN BY A TROLL TRYING TO START AN ARGUMENT. JUST SOMEONE TRYING TO POSSIBLY SAVE LIVES! Also, please don't take this post down for appearing in more than 1 thread. I want to reach as many people as possible and tell SWIM's story to warn them. So, to everyone else in the same boat as him, stay up and BE SAFE!

Hi guys, I'm new to the site and I just wrote The above post before reading the rules. I didn't realize we weren't supposed to say SWIM, so I'm editing and reposting my story. I'm sorry, and I don't mean to make 2 almost identical posts right next to each other. I just want to get this out there because I almost died from it just over a month ago. Please feel free to delete my first post, but I'm begging you to leave this one up. It may save a life!

Hi guys. I am new to this site and wanted to share a story to, hopefully, prevent anyone from hurting themselves. Loperamide/Immodium can be dangerous, no bullshit! People may think I'm trolling or whatever, but I'm only here to inform. I discovered lope a few years ago, and found it helpful to get rid of wd's, but also found that enough of it could make me feel fairly good if not taken too frequently. Eventually, i went on Sub's for my love of opiates and didn't have to mess with it anymore. I'd been off subs for about a year, and got squirly about 1.5-2 months ago. I messed around with lope again for about 2 weeks or so, starting off with about 100mgs (with no tolerance), and went up from there. Like anything else, i had the mentality that if a little feels good, a lot will feel excellent. So, one night, i bought a bottle of 200 with the intention of taking 100 pills twice over the course of the next week or so. However, with my addict mentality, i ended up downing them all (yes, i realized how dumb it was at the time, but was in that "fuck it. Watever is going to happen is going to happen," place. Add this to extreme depression, and you've got a volatile combination. Now, there are those people out there who will say that it doesn't cross the BBB, and doesn't do anything but cure diarrhea, but they've obviously never tried it at a high enough dose (don't knock it until you've tried it) because by the end of the night, i was slurring my words very noticeably and having trouble keeping my eyes open. I'd been here before with real dope, so he thought nothing of it and went to sleep. When i woke up, i thought i was still dreaming,
because i didn't know where i was and was confused as hell. Turns out i was in the back of an ambulance heading to the er. When i asked what was going on, the paramedics told me I'd od'd. Impossible i said, because i hadn't taken anything. Took a few minutes to realize that it must have been the lope, because they told me it had taken 2 shots of naloxone to bring me back. Fortunately, my girlfriend had found me when she did, be cause the high dose had triggered a full blown NSTEMI heart attack. All the narcotics tests had come back negative, since they don't test for lope, so at least i didn't have to explain another drug related hospitalization to my family. I spent another 4 days in the hospital under observation, because they couldn't figure out what had caused the heart attack in the first place. They ended up deciding that it was triggered by a seizure since I'm also epileptic. I am home now and back to 100%. Fortunately, my gf had found me right after it had happened and there was no brain damage (i had stopped breathing almost entirely for a little while). So, the main point of this post is to warn everyone that otc does not mean safe. My story will be posted in any other lope related threads, not to double post the same story but to warn people. I realize that this was a downright idiotic move on my part, but as i said, depression+ addiction + not giving a damn = recipe for disaster. Therefore, i would like to skip all the criticism, because i knew it was dangerous but just didn't care. So, the moral of this story is BE CAREFUL with this stuff. just because it isn't regulated by the DEA doesn't mean it's not dangerous. I would almost recommend sticking to real dope that you are familiar with and know the right amount to take (this is not 100% safe by any means, but obviously, it's not necessarily 100% more dangerous either). If you are going to take the plunge, start small and give yourself a few days in between each use. Lope had a pretty long half - life (19 hours), so you may end up taking more than intended if taken too close together. I'M NOT A TROLL MAKING SHIT UP AND TRYING TO START AN ARGUMENT. JUST SOMEONE TRYING TO POSSIBLY SAVE LIVES! Also, please don't take this post down for appearing in more than 1 thread. I want to reach as many people as possible and tell my story to warn them. So, to drug lovers everywhere, stay up and STAY SAFE!

TPD, I'm actually feeling pretty awesome. Today is day 13. Physically I feel normal. I'm hit with random waves of emotion seemingly brought on by nothing. Cravings are minimal, but still present themselves at annoying times. I actually wasn't doing mega doses of lope to manage WD symptoms, was taking the recommended doses on the bottle to ease the diarrhea.

cj, the main thin I'm doing, going to NA. I don't necessarily buy into everything they do, but I find it helpful surrounding myself with people who are or know where I am currently and are so positive about recovery.

cj, the main thin I'm doing, going to NA. I don't necessarily buy into everything they do, but I find it helpful surrounding myself with people who are or know where I am currently and are so positive about recovery.

Mike, how often are you going to meetings? Good to hear that it is working for you and you are feeling awesome. I'm hanging in there – feeling better every day. Now ten days alcohol-free and maybe a month off pills. Still using kratom and occasional MJ, but one thing at a time.

Mike, how often are you going to meetings? Good to hear that it is working for you and you are feeling awesome. I'm hanging in there – feeling better every day. Now ten days alcohol-free and maybe a month off pills. Still using kratom and occasional MJ, but one thing at a time.

Well, last Monday was my first one. I went to one Saturday, but I'll be hitting that Monday one tonight again. I really like it. That's great to hear that you're doing so well. Outside of the little emotional swings, which I can totally deal with, everything is great. I hear what you're saying about being at home with the kids. My wife says I'm much more attentive and involved.

I spent another 4 days in the hospital under observation, because they couldn't figure out what had caused the heart attack in the first place. They ended up deciding that it was triggered by a seizure since I'm also epileptic.

It makes a lot of sense that cardiac issues would be more problematic for someone with a history of seizures than someone who isn't epileptic. Kind reminds me of some of the issues with ODing on tramadol.