• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Loperamide LT to Bupe

slimradio

Greenlighter
Okay so I beat a bad Heroin addiction 4 years ago and have been 12 stepping since. I convinced myself that it was somehow okay to take high doses of Loperamide roughly 2 years ago and I have been doing it since. I started at higher doses (96mg) once in the morning daily but have tapered myself down to roughly 48- 32mg once daily depending on how I'm feeling. My last dose was at 1:00pm yesterday at 46mg. I have gone exactly 24 hours since dosing at the time I am posting this. I have some Bupe which I have DT'd from multiple times in the past and I'm wanting to switch over to that to finish my taper because I am more familiar with it and want to avoid as much stomach problems as possible (didn't experience nearly as much stomach issues with Bupe). My question is of course how long the wait is typically between quitting the long term lope use and starting the bupe to avoid PWD. I live and work with my sponsor who I am afraid to have catch me so I don't want to risk having runs out on service calls or going into pwd during work hours. I think my best plan of action for my situation currently is to safely taper and admit my wrongs and hope that he can forgive my fibbing and allow me to stay. If need be there is a 3 day detox center I can go to anytime day or night to assist in my path back to complete cleanliness. Thank you and also sorry in advance for typos and the possibility of being in the wrong thread. Creeping on this site for years you guys are the best!

Update #1
Dosed .25 mg Suboxone at 35 hour mark of withdrawal from loperamide.

Update #2
35 minutes since first dose. No marked decrease in WD symptoms but no increase either.
Dosing another .25mg Suboxone

Update #3
45 minutes since last dose. Mentally more relaxed. No signs of a glow or total relief. Dosing another .25mg stepping up small amounts slowly. Feel like I am nearing the point of either going into withdrawal or successful induction. Will update again shortly...

Update #4 (Months later)
Induction was successful! I had next to no symptoms of PWD just for everyone wandering! Everyone be safe start small and realize that our bodies are all different.

Last edited: