• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Long term diet improvements from occasional amphetamine use

Swim47

Greenlighter
So I occasionally take regular doses of vyvanse in the form of 30-40mg 1-2 times per week on average just for harder work days.

At first, vyvanse just made my appetite almost non-existent while on it, like most amphetamines do. Later, I have started noticing changes in my perception of food.

Instead of not being able to even think about food while on Vyvanse, I have started getting cravings and receiving a lot more joy from fresh fruits, veggies, and just in general whole healthy foods like chicken breast, stakes, whole fish, seafood. Basically

In addition to that, I have started being disgusted with processed food like sausages, processed meet, and basically anything savory that does not come from mother nature. To the point, where even thinking about some fat processed bratwurst would make me wanna puke.

I do love these changes in perception, but I would like to hear if anyone else had similar experience. Feel free to also throw at me your best theory about why it happened on neurological/psychological/perception levels.

Thank you

The overthinking and/or increased focus probably made you realize how shitty some food is. I?ve recently started a much healthier diet with lots of fruit/veg too, keep it up.

The overthinking and/or increased focus probably made you realize how shitty some food is. I?ve recently started a much healthier diet with lots of fruit/veg too, keep it up.

That could be. You know what I was thinking. When I am on vyvanse, I become a much more rational and logical person, and rarely act on emotions. So what do you think about my theory: the only reason we eat shitty food is because it's delicious and bringing us joy but from a rational/logical standpoint we shouldn't ever be eating that kind of shit since it's not really what food was is meant to be like.

So maybe being extremely rational of vyvanse made me think of food in more of a "fuel" way and what I will get out of it in terms of benefit, rather than how delicious it could be? Because that's how we, as humans should be viewing food. So potentially, vyvanse made me reevaluate the way I see food from a 100% rational perspective?

I think this wasn't caused by your amphetamine use. It could be a more general lifestyle choice. I also live that way: If I poison my body with drug, I should at least eat healthy and exercise!

Topamax did this for me. I stopped snacking and a lot of times even when I had an appetetite nothing really appealed to me. It broke some bad habits that I didn't return to when I stopped taking it.