• ✍️ WORDS ✍️

Welcome Guest!

• Words Moderators: Mysterier

Little introduction to my novel

Pagey

Bluelight Crew
Hey guys,

Just thought I'd share the first few paragraphs of a novel I've been working on. I wrote a thread about it not long ago, it's about drug addiction.
Anyway, in this passage I was trying to combine prose and poetry. There are recurring passages like this one throughout the novel that come between the 'normal' prose.
So yeah, this is the first page. Not sure what I'm expecting, but any thoughts are always welcome!

The blood is flowing out of the open wound on the naked forehead sprawled out across the floor laid out at my feet.
Smooth and beautiful, it undulates down the street in a perfect stream of red rivulets - intertwining, the drops completing themselves, destroying themselves too.
Fucking beautiful.

The monster's roaring call has died down to a mere growl which encompasses all the violence and hatred in the world.
The needle lies; mesmerizing. Conveyor of a better world.

The powder, however, doesn't lie. The most pure and honest of all things earthly, it caresses your veins and promises that everything will be all right.
And everything is.

My feet pound across the crimson-bathed floor. They smash open the door. They race through the streets - to a more secluded area where the needle's lies are the way of the universe.
Where the powder prevails.

Great imagery is used here. I look forward to reading more =)