• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Literature Review on Drug Laws and its impact on drug use/social issues

mckenxie

Greenlighter
Hey guys,
Don't really post much on this forum, normally just lurk about reading topics.
But basically I am a 1st year student at university and for my one of my modules (Concepts of Health) I have to write a 2500 - 3000 word literature review, on a topic of my choice. I have decided to research what impact current drug laws in the UK have on drug use and other social problems (such as gang-crime/ human rights /strain on policing/ and using up limited resources that could perhaps be put to better use)

I need to find credible literature for this topic which will cover Psychological, Sociologal & Biological aspects.

If anyone knows of any pieces of literature that spring to mind could you point me in the right direction.

As I mentioned, I don't actually post much on Bluelight so if this in the wrong topic forum, then please forgive me!

I look forward to your responses.

P.S. no need to tell me to watch "BreakingTheTaboo", thats a given ;)

mckenxie

The topics you chose seem to be pretty modern ones in that you should be able to find plenty of titles in academic journals.

I don't know how big your university is but they should have a link to the library on their website. Look for the journal databases there. You may have to login with your student ID number + password. Not sure how your school does it. Once you find the databases, you'll have access to thousands of academic journals with recent publication dates, which gives your work credibility.

Feel free to return to this thread and ask questions if you get stumped.

Happy researching!

Last edited: