Lingering problems from psychedelics

Gmo

Greenlighter
Ok so about a year ago I had 2 bad trips on LSD back to back and I've been dealing with some issues lately that I kinda attribute to back then. I developed DP/DR about 5 months after the second bad trip, Idk why it took so long to manifest itself but I think it had something to do with the fact that I kept smoking weed.....Anyhow I'm still dealing with DP/DR but its gotten a lot better since the beginning of the summer when it started. I've been pretty much sober since it hit me except for some ecstasy I took on 2 separate occasions at raves and a little bit of alcohol every now and then.

I've been taking fish oil since the summer and I've gone threw about 3 separate 5-HTP bottles and 1 B-complex. I've been reading online and I think I'm gonna order some piracetam online tonight and see how that goes. I know I'm getting better but I really just wanna kick all these issues as soon as possible. Like I said earlier I've still got depersonalization/derealization and cause of that I've got a decent amount of social anxiety. So any tips or suggestions??? I was also wondering if anyone's ever been able to go back to any sort of drug use after a psychotic break, if I have to call it that. I'm done with psychedelics forever I'm pretty sure but I am interested in being able to go back to smoking pot one of these days, I just have a pretty bad reaction to it now cause of all these issues. I also wouldn't mind have some ecstasy here and there one day.

Anyhow thanks in advance for all the answers.

Hi Gmo, firstly, welcome to Bluelight :)

I'm sorry to hear that you've had these issues after using LSD. Psychedelics can indeed be very powerful substances and unfortunately can sometimes either cause or exacerbate issues with anxiety etc, like what you're experiencing. It's good to hear that you feel that your symptoms are subsiding a bit and I hope they continue to do so.

Have you ever seen a medical professional about this? If not, I strongly suggest that you do so, before you embark on adding more supplements to your regimen (i.e. the piracetam). For things like anxiety (including social anxiety, DP and DR), counselling/therapy is consistently very successful, so it's worth trying.

Also, have you ever mentioned this to a friend or family member? It might ease your mind knowing that a trusted loved one knows what you're going through <3

And lastly, this is obvious but I need to say it anyway: if you're having issues with anxiety and depersonalisation, you really should not be indulging in ANY recreational substances for the timebeing, so please just focus on solving the anxiety/DP/DR first, then think about trying weed and other stuff again :)

Let us know how you go okay? Take care <3

Sorry about the bad trips and what has followed--sounds scary. It seems that being sober and concentrating on making mind and body as healthy as possible is the best plan and so, congratulations on that! Be careful as far as thinking that the social anxiety that you are experiencing is necessarily drug-related. I only say that because you might see it as something that has "happened" to your brain (causing you even more stress) rather than just a temporary stage of life. The best thing to do for social anxiety IMO is to realize A) that everyone feels it to varying degrees and B) to try to make meaningful connections with people that matter to you and not expect to be extroverted when you don't feel it.
As far as taking drugs later, why worry about that now? Just letting your psyche/body get back into healthy balance should be your only concern. Good luck.