• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Lets talk oxycotin please

alize1luv

Bluelighter
So I ran out of my oxycodone until tomorrow and only have ER oxycotin... Is there a NEW way to get into these for IR because these don't help take my pain away at all
Plz and thx

Last edited:
The only thing I could think of that actually might work is sublingual, you might be able to break it down into smaller pieces/a powder and consume it this way. But, it will not be pleasant. There is no perfect solution for this unfortunately my friend :/

I don’t know how oxy’s are compared to back in the day but is this as easy as breaking down into a powder or does today’s pills have a more complex time release?

For some of the tamper proof models years ago I heard a few techniques you could try but only if you have a bunch to experiment on incase they fail.

-GC

So I ran out of my oxycodone until tomorrow and only have ER oxycotin... Is there a NEW way to get into these for IR because these don't help take my pain away at all
Plz and thx
Actually I found a way that worked best for me and it works for Opana OxyContinER and anything similar.. u take a piece of cardboard stand it up against a wall on top of a smooth countertop use a dremel with a tip that has a cylinder with ridges hold the pill with pliers close to the cardboard so it don't fly everywhere and grind it into powder u still got to snort hard cuz it can gel up in nose but it works the same as IR

Actually I found a way that worked best for me and it works for Opana OxyContinER and anything similar.. u take a piece of cardboard stand it up against a wall on top of a smooth countertop use a dremel with a tip that has a cylinder with ridges hold the pill with pliers close to the cardboard so it don't fly everywhere and grind it into powder u still got to snort hard cuz it can gel up in nose but it works the same as IR

Yea that’s one I’ve heard. The other involves heat to help break down the gelling additives. I’m not familiar with oxys these days but do pretty much all of them have abuse deterrents?

-GC

Will the dissolve in hot water over time , or an acidic solution to try and get closer to the stomach ? Even if you gotta let it sit for hours it might be a way to make it more available ? I don’t mess with pills but that be my first attempt

No it is covered in a deterrant like the whole thing is a plastic even if you chew on it ... It's plastic pieces breaking apart..
I don’t know how oxy’s are compared to back in the day but is this as easy as breaking down into a powder or does today’s pills have a more complex time release?

For some of the tamper proof models years ago I heard a few techniques you could try but only if you have a bunch to experiment on incase they fail.

-GC

Yea that’s one I’ve heard. The other involves heat to help break down the gelling additives. I’m not familiar with oxys these days but do pretty much all of them have abuse deterrents?

-GC
No just the er ones.. What is the heat method you know of

Will the dissolve in hot water over time , or an acidic solution to try and get closer to the stomach ? Even if you gotta let it sit for hours it might be a way to make it more available ? I don’t mess with pills but that be my first attempt
Yes I tried in soda last night lol it worked okay but was a lot of bs.. Had to rip the gel stuff off and put it back into the soda. So sticky and gross. Lol when I drank the shot of soda seemed to help alot. Just was hoping an easier way. Thanks :)

No just the er ones.. What is the heat method you know of

So the method is over a decade old that I looked up so I question if it’s still going to work. (Assuming they’ve very possibly reformulated since then.) It’s also very intensive and only needed for those that want to snort or IV.

Basically I’m trying to say is I wouldn’t chance it unless you are really set on trying it. Dissolving in soda or some acidic solution sounds much easier.

When you say ripped the gel stuff off was that the outside coating?

-GC

So the method is over a decade old that I looked up so I question if it’s still going to work. (Assuming they’ve very possibly reformulated since then.) It’s also very intensive and only needed for those that want to snort or IV.

Basically I’m trying to say is I wouldn’t chance it unless you are really set on trying it. Dissolving in soda or some acidic solution sounds much easier.

When you say ripped the gel stuff off was that the outside coating?

-GC
No it's all the way through the pill it's so weird it's like the whole pill is plastic pretty much

No it's all the way through the pill it's so weird it's like the whole pill is plastic pretty much

Interesting.. That is strange. So after you let it sit for awhile there’s like a glob of gel or what? Part of me wonders if that gel can be filtered off.

Also I apologize if asking what I shouldn’t, but curious why you are prescribed? It’s rare to find people with legitimate prescriptions, even when I went through cancer I didn’t get shit. (I also used to have an opiate problem so that’s likely why but still… It’s cancer! lol)

-GC

Yes a blob of gel.. Sticky as hell too.. And yes no problem it's actually kinda easy to get for me maybe because of my long history of back pain and now sciatica and damage in my L4 L5 lumbar .. Also neck gets stuck so maybe arthritis threw out my spine and slight scoliosis. They are doing a MRI too have nerve damage of some kind. So my pain management I've been with for 1 year just closed down and I had to find a new one she kept my script the same luckly., 15mg 6 a day but they won't give me anymore than that and I run out all the time because my pain is constant. So she also just prescribed gabapentin too.. Just today haven't tooken it yet. Do you know anything about the mix of those.. I think I'm going to ask and make a thread. I don't know if I want to start taking those. But my other doc also had my on those oxycotin and tried those xtampza.. Pretty much anything I ask for they give me even have a script of ativan from a different doc lol
Sucks tho because I just started on 10mg last year and my tolerance is already way to high.. I take my whole script of 180 in a week and a half 😫

I wonder if the oxycodone dissolved into the drink and there was no need to deal with the gel. I’d stir it around good, squish it around to ensure as much surface area as possible to dissolve all the oxy you can out of the gel before separating.

Ah yea I know back pain, fell out of tree and fractured a vertebrae in my back when I was young. My dad broke his neck. Must be a family curse.. Thankfully I’ve been able to manage so far but I can tell the pain will only get worse as I get older.

“Pretty much anything I ask for they give me even have a script of ativan from a different doc lol”

Well if you’re the cute girl in the pic then I can see why lol. I’m still honestly shocked at 90mg oxycodone a day. You must have some really legit pain cuz they don’t just hand that out.

-GC

Also in regards with Gabapentin and oxycodone. I’ve used them together, not much though. I’m not a huge fan of Gabapentin personally, I feel it can bring out a not so great side of people. It doesn’t hurt to try it and may help with your pain if any of it is nerve related.

-GC

Thats what I thought:( okay thank you.
Extended release under your tongue would be a waste of time. Extended release means it's coated to survive your stomach hydrochloric acid. Crushing it up is not going to make it dissolve under your tongue.

Huh what are you talking about under your tongue lol I know that wouldn't work at all. I even soaked them in hot water the other day and the whole cup of water turned into a think gel. 😅