Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Legality of Analogue precursors?

DefectiveTrip

Greenlighter
From what iv heard quite often drugs that should really be an illegal analogue make their way through in small amounts. And if they do find them they send a letter saying its illegal.. if you want it back you need to prove its for legit purposes or we will destroy it... dont do it again.

Would this be the case with precursors? or would they take it abit more seriously because someone might actually be trying to make the stuff. Would they even know what it is or go through the trouble to find out.

In the same way as psuedoephedrine importation carries charges, do precursors to lesser known analogues? Would they even know what to look for being so many or would they look up the uses for said chemical if it was being imported? Does it carry charges or would they let it through but keep a close eye on the person?

Im no lawyer and wouldnt know the first thing about chemistry. But curious after having this chat the other day. And no im not trying to start an 'RC Lab' hah
Can shed some light on this?

Cheers

The Australian Government/ Customs are not stupid.

I believe a BLer's house was raided by just importing a piece for a lab setup.

^ I think that was a separation funnel.

Our customs are some of the world's most strict. If it has any potential use for anything remotely related to drugs or fun, I'd say it would be illegal. I'm no expert though.

It really comes down to how well the Authorities can figure out what the precursor may be used for and in most cases they do know. Its a very good question none the less and I had a similar query as well. I was researching a compound the other day called Phenylethylamine which is a precursor for 4-bromo-2,5-dimethoxyphenethylamine and is perfectly legal.

Can tell you a number of products that contain that particular substance which are sold online and in shops so go figure. Its really hard to work it all out, in the end it all comes down to the person inspecting the package. Most times they will just confiscate it if its a small amount and may or may not send you a "love letter". If the quantities are rather large then you can expect a knock on your door with an arrest/search warrant or even a controlled delivery.