• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Learn from my mistakes please.

BeatTheSickness

Bluelighter
Welp, there's a good chance I might be going to jail soon. I feel like I've mostly accepted the fact. I've looked up the maximum penalty for what I've done and it looks like a year at the most, but I'm no lawyer, so who knows -- it could be longer.

I feel like I've come to terms with this possibility as much as I . . . can (no pun intended), really. I've been to jail for five days before, and was treated very friendly by the other inmates. My only fear is that once you get sentenced and transferred to a county jail (or hopefully not prison), is that i dont anticipate those inmates being as welcoming as those who are more occupied thinking about their case and accepting the consequences. I've made my bed, and now I must sleep in it. I was pretty scared a few days ago, but as I get closer to my fate for some reason I'm not as afraid. Wish me luck people, and learn from my mistake -- don't ever, ever get sticky fingers. You will reap what you sew. You might get away with it once, but eventually. . . yeah. Wish me luck, please.

I just realized how that sounded when I said, "treated really friendly"... LOL :!

no I was not raped. they just minded their own business....lol 8(

My heart goes out to you. All I can be say is that no one can make you any less dignified than you let them make you feel. Sticking to one's business and not expecting help is generally the way things seem to work, so make the most of whatever time you have, where ever you are. It's all any of us do anyways.

Honestly, Prison isn't as bad as the media portrays it.
I have been to prison and county jail countless times, in many different counties in NC.
I have an 18 month sentence hanging over my head which I feel like I will be doing here soon.
I WANT to go to prison, it's more freedom. Jail is so limited, I go crazy in a cell.

Don't dwell on it, just try and make the best of it.
If you go to county for a while, just try to build a routine.
Try to be a trustee, you stay busy and usually eat a lot better.
Much love.

Honestly, Prison isn't as bad as the media portrays it.
I have been to prison and county jail countless times, in many different counties in NC.
I have an 18 month sentence hanging over my head which I feel like I will be doing here soon.
I WANT to go to prison, it's more freedom. Jail is so limited, I go crazy in a cell.

Don't dwell on it, just try and make the best of it.
If you go to county for a while, just try to build a routine.
Try to be a trustee, you stay busy and usually eat a lot better.
Much love.

Wise words indeed. No one wants (I mean really sets out to say yes I want) to go to either prison or jail, just as one does not wake up one day and think to themselves, "Today slamming some dope," sounds like a good thing to do first thing before I brush my teeth or shower this morning, but there are moments where we find ourselves living the dream.

Point is, if am arrow hits you in the arm, pull it out. That is more important than getting back at the person holding the bow.

Point is, if am arrow hits you in the arm, pull it out. That is more important than getting back at the person holding the bow.

These are very wise words. I am going to add this to my quotes about revenge. My favorite being when seeking revenge dig two graves first. One for the person you are seeking revenge against, and one for yourself.