• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

League of Legends, Free PC game

Good game but I am a Dota 2 fan. A few of my friends play this and love it though.

I dont like how every hero isnt available to you at the start, but some people like the get heroes as a reward reward for playing system. To each their own I guess.

This game is pretty popular though, im sure there are a few people on this board that play it.

Eh it's a fun game. The ranked play pisses me off though, too many people suck at starting level and being a team game you get fucked and your elo goes snowballing downwards after a few losses and you get stuck playing with the worst players. Definitely more of a dota guy myself but i do play in case anybody is interested. Warning: i dont like noobs

It is free but some people pay money which is annoying

if you want to seriously play it you will have to pay money

Dota 2 is coming out soon no?

It is free but some people pay money which is annoying

if you want to seriously play it you will have to pay money

Dota 2 is coming out soon no?

What do you have to pay money for? How does this money make you better?

from what I understand, they rotate which heroes are free on a set schedule. So if you get good with one hero, and then they switch it to a paid hero, youre fucked.

unless you opt for a small fee of course

No release date for Dota 2, but I have a beta key :D.

from what I understand, they rotate which heroes are free on a set schedule. So if you get good with one hero, and then they switch it to a paid hero, youre fucked.

unless you opt for a small fee of course

Well, I have played LoL quite a bit, and you are pretty far off. You get in game currency for playing (winning or losing), even against NPCs. You can then save up to get whatever hero you want. I have never bought a hero with real money, and have played every now and then since beta. The game is decently balanced, and money plays no real role. Dota2 is also a pretty fun game, and from what I have read it will also be free to play.

^ Dota 2 is free to play, with all 100+ heroes available at the start. Its also made by Valve, one of the best game deveopers in the world.

Frankly, Dota 2 is a better game. As someone who has played this genre of game quite a lot I can tell you that there is much more diversity between the heroes in Dota and many more strategies and techniques you can use to get an advantage over your opponent. It has gone through several hundred patches to get to its current form, which is relatively balanced. I wont go into more detail than that.

However this causes people who aren't familiar with the game to get straight raped by people that know what they are doing, making it a hard game to get into since there is no matchmaking system in dota that puts you against people of your skill level. Its entirely possible that on your first game you will be up against an opponent that has played 1000's of games. You will have no chance.

I think the matchmaking system in LoL that pits new players against other noobs makes it much more appetizing for beginners. Plus some people cant play a game without working towards some type of goal like unlocking characters and costumes and stuff.

I played Dota forever, and HoN for awhile. I still like it sometimes, but I prefer Dominion in LoL. I don't have much time to play games these days, and the chances of a 45min to 1hr game turning out to be shitty are just too high. Dominion ends really quick if you have an afk or feeder, and only lasts about 20-25 mins for a good game. I also dislike denying, and I really like some of the heroes in LoL.

League of Legends

Incase you are unaware, League of Legends is one of the biggest games on the internet, with 30 million individual accounts in existence.

It is a Free-to-play MOBA (Massive Online Battle Arena).

2 teams of 5 go head to head, to destroy the others base.

Pick 1 of 110 champions and either get placed with 4 strangers or make you own team with friends.

I personally have been playing it for about 3 years and it is great. It is also the biggest E-sports game at the moment, beating even Starcraft.

Seriously guys, come check it out it is crazy fun, and totally free unless you want to buy some cosmetic stuff for you character.

My name in-game is Phistagon, Add me.

http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4b4e6c3b1a98b