• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Kratom Advice

Notaclue

Greenlighter
I’m currently Day 4 in roxi and suboxone withdrawal. I am done with that garbage and heard mixed things about Kratom but mostly good. I did order some, due to come today....now i know no one that knows Kratom here. How do i use it? How much do i use? I just want some alleviation from my withdrawal!!! I’m female, 115lbs and 5’4. Any advice??!! Also i am not looking for any other addiction. I am fully aware you can get addicted to Kratom as well. Thanks to all who respond and happy new year!

Hello notaclue!

how much Roxie/subs were you on and how bad are you feeling 4 days in? I use Kratom during the acute stages of opiate wds. But that generally only lasts 5-7 days for me. You may be ending the acute phase soon and Kratom may prolong the agony if that is the case. It would help to know more about what you used/jumped from to help with dosages.

- VE

Notaclue.... As far as how much to use is a trial and error thing as everyone is different. Start on an empty stomach. Try small doses to start with and allow 30-60 minutes for effects. I tried mixing it with liquid and (hot and cold) nd the taste sucks, in my opinion, but the effects are worth it. The best way I've found to take mine is to take 1/2 to full teaspoon and toss and wash it with a mug full of warm water. The warmer the better as I've found that it seems to dilute better in your system. The smaller doses are more my thing because I just want to feel alive and alert, not tired and lazy. I'd be happy to answer any specific questions....

I was using up to 150mg in my last few weeks of roxi. I used for about 10 months. But in September i went on suboxone for like a month and the switched back to pills because i got so scared of suboxone withdrawal. Stayed on pills for another month and then used small amounts of sub for 4 days (.5mg) and now i am 4 days without any sub. I’m generally okay obviously though i do feel feelings like malaise sweating chills runny nose sneezing and generally very fatigued. So wasn’t sure if Kratom would work for me or prolong my withdrawal? Thanks so much for any advice

Thanks Gunnr! Do you use it for fun now or part of a withdrawal regimen? You can get addicted to Kratom too right? If i use it will it prolong my withdrawal?

Notaclue -

To be honest, it sounds like it may just prolong the agony if you are only feeling mild wds at this point. In my experience with Kratom, it works well in the acute stage to make life bearable. But, at least for me, at the point that the acute wds are ebbing, the Kratom has diminishing returns. It just feels like it is getting in my bodies way of healing and prolonging wds at about the 6/7 day mark.

Are you sleeping or is insomnia an issue still? If anything, I could see taking a bit at night to help you sleep.

I do agree with gunnr who said that trial and error would work best for dosing. At this point, being off the Roxie for this long, it would be hard to gauge your starting dose. I know that an opiate naive person is generally recommended to start at about 3 gms - with you I would recommend starting at about 5 and working your way up if you have to. But the best way will be listening to your body to figure out what dose you need.

I know that some people do use Kratom recreationally, personally, I find taking it to be the equivalent of medieval torture. But the easiest/best way I have found is the Toss and Wash method. I actually add a tiny (really tiny) amount of water to the Kratom powder before tossing and washing - less likely to accidentally inhale some if you wet it down a bit. I hate having to blow Kratom out of my nose after tossing and washing. It’s all around icky - but can be a lifesaver in the worst of wds.

Best of Luck!

- VE

Thanks Gunnr! Do you use it for fun now or part of a withdrawal regimen? You can get addicted to Kratom too right? If i use it will it prolong my withdrawal?
I don't use it for fun really. It helps with depression, mood and alertness.
As far as addiction goes, I've heard different things. I am not in a position to counsel on that. However I can say that after MUCH research and hearing pros and cons of prolonged use of it, I felt it was worth it.
I switch up my strains so I don't get use to one and end up needing more to achieve the desired results.

I’m On day 5 and on top of my withdrawal i have a full blow cold (my kids have been sick all week, fevers and all) can it really get any worse?! Withdrawal is getting more tolerable. I got my Kratom last night but still haven’t taken it! Thankfully with my sleep med regimen i have been always been able to sleep. I feel very lucky for that considering it’s most people’s biggest issue. I can’t imagine how much more deliberating this would be without sleep i do have extremely bad cold sweats at night though. I literally wake up and my clothes are wet and i never sweat. I do suffer the depression when I’m alone. Yesterday i spent the day with my sister and i felt genuinely happy!! We have had a bad relationship the past year but decided to make amends!! Anyways if anyone out there has anymore advice whether i should take the Kratom or not please tell! I’m so torn!!! Thanks and love to all!

I honestly don't think you need the kratom, you're just about through it, now its just regaining energy. Exercise, L tyrosine, protein shakes, vitamins, superfood drink would all help with that, with exercise being the most important.

I’m On day 5 and on top of my withdrawal i have a full blow cold (my kids have been sick all week, fevers and all) can it really get any worse?! Withdrawal is getting more tolerable. I got my Kratom last night but still haven’t taken it! Thankfully with my sleep med regimen i have been always been able to sleep. I feel very lucky for that considering it’s most people’s biggest issue. I can’t imagine how much more deliberating this would be without sleep i do have extremely bad cold sweats at night though. I literally wake up and my clothes are wet and i never sweat. I do suffer the depression when I’m alone. Yesterday i spent the day with my sister and i felt genuinely happy!! We have had a bad relationship the past year but decided to make amends!! Anyways if anyone out there has anymore advice whether i should take the Kratom or not please tell! I’m so torn!!! Thanks and love to all!
If you really are on the fence about it then there is no sense in talking yourself into something unless you're suffering. If you need a pick-me-up then it's a nice feeling knowing it's there, but it sounds like you can bulldoze your way through the last of the WDs. I was in a bad wreck and had multiple surgeries and was on painkillers for almost 5 years. I just decided that I was tired of being a slave to them and quit cold turkey, WD lasted over a month. Everyone is different! You sound like you have it together as far as getting through it. Kudos!
Don't start the Kratom if you will give yourself a guilt trip. Not worth the hassle.
Blessings on you.....

Thanks guys. Just knowing someone’s listening helps so much. I still haven’t touched the Kratom as much as i have been so tempted to. I’m just too scared it will prolong my withdrawals. I’m day 5 today and i hadn’t had much diarrhea but today i did wtf?! And sorry tmi and gross but that’s opiate life better than the constipation i guess. I did get some liquid immodium today bc for whatever reason the pills make me throw up. I was kinda hoping and thinking physically i was getting in the clear but after that tummy issue i guess not. Alldonewithit when did your physical symptoms stop? I have work in 2 days and i am the head server (waitress)at my job. It’s very physically demanding. I’m happy to work because it will get me out and exercising but I’m also super nervous that i will have memory issues and anxiety. I’m feeling kinda lost now. Maybe try Kratom to get me through work? But what if i don’t have a good reaction? Or is that not really a common thing since we have a love for opiates...idk I’m at a loss. Just f***

And if i was to try Kratom i was considering drinking it in hot tea with honey and how much would i put in it??

Alldonewithi said:
I honestly don't think you need the kratom, you're just about through it, now its just regaining energy. Exercise, L tyrosine, protein shakes, vitamins, superfood drink would all help with that, with exercise being the most important.

^ I concur with this statement. At this point, I think you are best off pushing through. I would worry that it may prolong your acute wds. If you do try it, I think the tea is a fine way and would recommend starting around the 5 gm. mark.

Going back to work without opiates can be super scary and overwhelming. Once you get through the first day, the second will be easier, than the third even easier, and so on. You got this! One foot in front of the other and just try and make it through the day. The rest comes with time and abstinence.

- VE

I agree with Alldonewithit--you are so close to being done with it that it might set you back if you take the kratom. If you just don't feel like you could make it through a day of work because you're too sick and skipping work isn't financially feasible, I suppose you could take a small dose right before you leave for work. You have to make that decision. Remember that everybody responds a little differently to kratom.

I was able to switch back and forth from Suboxone to kratom when I was trying to taper off Sub, then hit a wall and went into pretty bad withdrawals, considering the low dose I was on and the slowness of my taper. I finally got my doctor to stop the taper indefinitely and increase my Suboxone dose a little--it's still very low--one mg per week broken up into doses I take every other day, which is what? 1/7th of a mg daily, or 1/2 of a 2 mg strip weekly. It's gotten pretty complicated, actually. And then I have some pain and withdrawals the second day when I take it every other day, and supplement with kratom if I feel like I need it. I'm getting off the kratom now, but I do still have some withdrawals, even with the Sub. It will get it's claws into you if you let it. As far as dose goes, I buy the capsules because everything else makes me nauseous, and I really don't know how much is in them. Usually if I'm not feeling great, I take two and I'm right as rain. ~namaste~