Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Kratom 3.5g + Valium 15g - Inexperienced - Not what I was looking for

goinginfected

Greenlighter
A little bit of info:
Male 140 lb 5'9 (so im a fairly skinny guy)

Got back from work a bit earlier than usual today and out of boredom decided to try out some of the 15x Kratom I had bought a couple weeks back. The package only says 9 grams and has 10 caps in it so I assume each cap contains roughly .9 of a gram. I had tried 3 of the caps for a starting dose on the day I had bought them at the recommendation of the shop owner and only felt a slight buzz, nothing very notable in a positive or negative way. At work another time I had taken 2 in hopes it would make my job slightly less boring but I felt absolutely no effect except for maybe slight placebo. So those are the only 2 kratom "experiences" I've had. As for the valium, I got prescribed it for a tooth ache I was having from the dentist (I didn't know that qualified for a valium prescription but no complaints lol). I took one of the 5mg tabs as prescribed at night to also no noticeable effects. After doing some reading online I decided to try placing 2 of the tabs underneath my tongue about 2 days later trying to get some sort of high - mainly just made me tired :| and I went to sleep early. So I'm very new to both of these substances and today just decided to try a combo of the two to kill some time because they were just right there. I dont expect anything that note worthy, but I just decided to write up what happens, so heres the report.

+0:00 - Took 4 of the 15x Kratom caps (approximately 3.6 grams) while at a gas station buying a green tea. Sitting in my car listening to some Zeppelin.

+0:10 - Still just sitting in my car, just waiting for something to happen I guess. I feel slightly off but I assume it's just placebo.

+0:30 - Drive home from the gas station - not feeling really anything still.. very slight nausea when I hit some sharper turns.

+0:50 - Laying in bed watching youtube videos and listening to music - feeling a little bit sick - hopefully that goes away.

+1:30 - Not sure how I feel. Relaxed I suppose but with a small headache.

+1:50 - Once again little to no effects, now I'm going to take 10mg of valium sublingually.

+2:30 - My girlfriend stopped by on her way home, and oddly I just wasn't in the mood for sex, so we just ate dinner and chatted and she left shortly after. She commented that I seemed tired and a little out of it - I didn't mention taking anything. I take another 5mg of valium right after she leaves.

+2:50 - Sitting on my couch watching TV - now I'd say I'm feeling something beyond a placebo effect, mild good mood, feeling slower and more relaxed, still a small headache.

+3:10 - Pretty zen, aside from this light headache I'd say I feel pretty good just in general right now. Not as intense as I was hoping for however.

+3:30 - Honestly dissapointed, I expected the effects to continue to rise for a little bit longer but everything seems to have flat lined. I wouldnt say this is really a good feeling, just slightly tired and relaxed. Not quite sure what I was expecting honestly.

+4:00 - Feeling very relaxed but tired, the fact that I'm just sitting on my couch watching movies for hours probably contributed to this.

+4:30 - Exhausted - not feeling particularly good just slow and tired. Going to sleep.

So all in all I was disappointed. Im not quite sure what I was expecting however. I dont see what all the fuss is about kratom, every time I've taken it, its either done nothing or just given me a headache/nausea. I could see why some people enjoy valium, but I probably should start taking it expecting less, I think it'd be great for dealing with insomnia or if your just laying in bed all day. This little experiment didnt alleviate any boredom and I wouldnt say its something worth my time to try again. If I do I'll try to do something more engaging or fun than just laying around my home. Perhaps I also may have just taken too low of a dose. Anyway, Im done with kratom for a while - but I'll probably keep experimenting with valium. At least until my prescription wears out. 8)

So you took what should be the equivalent of 54g of Kratom. You should have felt much more than this. At around 8g on my first time I felt pretty good effects and also had nausea... Maybe your extract is weak? Maybe you should try the leaves. :)

It's weird also that the vendor told you to take 3 caps, that would be 40,5g... There must be an error somewhere lol.

I'm not experienced with Valium, but 3.5g of Kratom (I'm a newbie here) + 1 mg alprazolam (not so newbie here) was really pretty awesome. Maybe you have tolerance to these kinds of effects?

I can say I've tried 2 different brands of Kratom (Captain Kratom Vietnam and some "proprietary" Ma Daeng stuff) and the latter was significantly better. First one was pills and I parachuted the second one if that makes a difference. I had some mild nausea the 2nd time I did some, but haven't had a problem since.

On a side note, I recommend getting a scale and weighing it out yourself. Then you'll know exactly how much you're taking of anything.

never buy gas station kratom, it's mostly sawdust. Order from a reasonable vendor, otherwise this ^ will happen

Its all about sources with the kratom. I've had some kratom I needed 2 tbsp of to get a buzz. Others can do the same thing with less than a 1\3 of the amount.

ha when I read the title I said wtf 15 grams of valium lol
anyways I'd like to try some kratom.. maybe gonna order some this summer