Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Knife Laws

dynamo

Bluelighter
Hi all , i was wondering what the legality was on knife laws in Perth , not concealed but completely visible ( i dont plan on stabbing anyone ) attached to a belt or pants clipped on in a sheath ?

I am having a hard time finding any links on the matter through the google.

Not too sure, I'm pretty sure most places in Aus are pretty strict with knifes, like you cant have them in public, unless they are for fishing or work etc and in a tool or tackle box when you are travelling to and from the place of work or fishing etc. Do some googling, something may come up to help you.

or guns, it's a good thing if you ask me, too many crazy fucks around that think they are rambo.

I'm fairly sure you're allowed to carry an unconcealed blade up to a certain length in public. My dad always has a ~3.5" Victorinox "Swiss army knife" in a pouch on his belt, in plain sight. Never had an issue other than the very rare police officer querying him about it, to which he advises them with strong emphasis that it's a TOOL and nothing more.

Here's a vid on the knife laws for QLD. Carrying a knife in a public place or school is illegal, but there are some excuses or reasons why you can, have a watch. The vid says a swiss army knife is ok, but you still 'could' be charged for having it in public (like some asshole cop who is on a power trip), but you'd have a good defence in court based on the legislation. This vid is worth a watch.

Never admit to the knife being for self defence purposes.

http://youtu.be/zyH2l7gaQI8

That video is for QLD only and it may be similar in other states, but do some google checks and find out the info on your state if you wish to.

Last edited:
Here's a vid on the knife laws for QLD. Carrying a knife in a public place or school is illegal, but there are some excuses or reasons why you can, have a watch. The vid says a swiss army knife is ok, but you still 'could' be charged for having it in public (like some asshole cop who is on a power trip), but you'd have a good defence in court based on the legislation. This vid is worth a watch.

Never admit to the knife being for self defence purposes.

http://youtu.be/zyH2l7gaQI8

That video is for QLD only and it may be similar in other states, but do some google checks and find out the info on your state if you wish to.

And instead, ALWAYS insist it's a tool and not a weapon. Coz it fucking is a tool. A pair of scissors are just as deadly.

Hi all , i was wondering what the legality was on knife laws in Perth , not concealed but completely visible ( i dont plan on stabbing anyone ) attached to a belt or pants clipped on in a sheath ?

I am having a hard time finding any links on the matter through the google.
What sort of knife? What do intend to use it for? When you say Perth do you mean in the city or if you were bushwalking or fishing? Only certain knives are legal to carry in certain circumstances.

Did you watch that video?

about to watch it now thx for all the feedback no im in the outer suburbs , im just curious on the laws for carrying a knife that isnt concealed

veryinteresting video , thank you

Last edited:
Pretty sure your aloud to carry a knife on ur belt that is in a pouch that is shut...my old man always carries one on his belt he hasn't been hastled out yet but there's always that chance so don't take my word on it