• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Kissing your parents

Try having a Italian family (well moms side with some slovakian mixed in there) but I always get kisses on my cheeks from my family members... my mom would give me a quick peck on the lips but I never kissed my dad lmao

My dad never... i dont know why.
My mother since i'm french and france we just do the whole french kiss thing but we do that to everyone we see and meet up with haha so a kiss on each cheek.

Can't say that I've ever kissed my parents on the lips. I have on the cheek occasionally.

I kiss my dad on the cheek, not my mom..

My dad taught me never to kiss my mum and I never do/did. He said that's how he was brought up not kissing your mum but grandma is ok on the cheek. I'm 24 male. I've hugged/kissed my sisters who are still babys pretty much - I often squeeze thier cheeks too LOL. Is THIS acceptable?

Dad- awkward one arm hug, "i love you" isn't said. We don't like showing emotion
Mom-bear hugs me w/ kiss on cheek that I immediately wipe off when out of sight, just creeps me out

i kiss both my parents on the lips, and say i love you a lot. we're a very affectionate bunch though. we touch people a lot. when PB met my family for the first time, they all wanted hugs and kisses and kept touching his shoulder, arms, hands, when they were talking to him. and they had known him all of 30 seconds! i know that most people aren't that affectionate, but it surprises me when people say -- wow, you must be really close to your aunt to hug her that much! nooooo, i just love her? she's my aunt?

^I would fit right into your family. Americans can be kind of weird about touch IMO. When I was young we moved to Africa and the first huge adjustment for me as a young kid was having every single person get about 6" from my face, hold both my hands and look directly into my eyes when talking. At first it made me uncomfortable but after I got used to it I really missed it when I came back here.

My kids (both boys) were always hanging on to me or my husband growing up. We never discouraged it--we loved it! Not too much kissing after they were little, but plenty of hugging and snuggling up while watching a movie or sitting around talking.

I find anyone kissing family members on the lips a bit creepy, to me and every one I know its only for couples in relationships. I see parents kiss (young) sons/daughters on the lips and I find it weird. Just the way I was raised I guess.

Come to think of it, I never really kissed my parents. Hugs, yeah but even as a little child I never kissed my parents. I always thought it was weird :\