• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Kinda new to iv use I know it stupid just some questions

Breezy14

Bluelighter
I've been going in my two veins on each arm in the crooks of the elbow going back n forth they worked for months now the left one I missed on bc I just got so annoyed and it's now bruised n kinda hard but getting alot better in keeping ice on it and all but now I can't get blood on my right arm in the crook and I never went anywhere else ...I'm like the biggest baby when it comes to iv n all I have very good veins in my hands but I've heard it hurts alot how long till I can probably get blood from my vein again in the crooks any suggestions and tips or walk thru on the hands or other veins that aren't gonna hurt so much just like the crooks of elbows

I find depending on the level of damage that a few days to a week tends to heal most of it.
If it's developed hard spots then maybe longer would be needed.

I use my hands a lot (not that advised due to clot risk) and it doesn't hurt unless I'm passing through flesh that's had a miss at one point. So long as you use 29/30 gauge and are methodical about dealing with rolling veins it's not that bad a practice.

You need to start rotating spots more, and it sounds like you might have some issues getting a hit within the first poke or two? Fresh rigs and a quick poke at an angle to prevent rolling helps with that vastly. You should have some other veins on your arm, hands are a little bit dicey to hit because those tracks are very visible and it is easy to hit a tendon which is painful. Are you using a proper tourniquet? Those will help bring your veins to the surface much more visibly, or at least by feel. The best thing to do is not inject really, but I know that's not what you're asking about. Remember, no matter how clean you are, your drugs themselves can be contaminated because of all the handling that happens on track to your baggie.

I find depending on the level of damage that a few days to a week tends to heal most of it.
If it's developed hard spots then maybe longer would be needed.

I use my hands a lot (not that advised due to clot risk) and it doesn't hurt unless I'm passing through flesh that's had a miss at one point. So long as you use 29/30 gauge and are methodical about dealing with rolling veins it's not that bad a practice.
I found I cannot drawback blood with a 30 gauge unless I take aspirin first. Apparently my blood is too thick. Possibly I may have been a little dehydrated at the time.

I've even been to the hospital before a few years ago and they had the hardest time drawing blood. It was super thick looking and really dark when they did. If I take an aspirin it runs easy and is a much lighter red.

I found I cannot drawback blood with a 30 gauge unless I take aspirin first. Apparently my blood is too thick. Possibly I may have been a little dehydrated at the time.

I've even been to the hospital before a few years ago and they had the hardest time drawing blood. It was super thick looking and really dark when they did. If I take an aspirin it runs easy and is a much lighter red.
That's mighty curious. Tbf my blood has been a similar level of thick at times.

Wonder what's going on with your if there is anything beyond sheer luck of the genetic draw.

That's mighty curious. Tbf my blood has been a similar level of thick at times.

Wonder what's going on with your if there is anything beyond sheer luck of the genetic draw.
I dunno, but it makes me think maybe I should be on a daily low dose aspirin regimen.

I haven't IV'd in a few years so I honestly have no idea how it is these days. My blood pressure is better now than then and I no longer take bp meds so maybe it's not so thick anymore.

I dunno, but it makes me think maybe I should be on a daily low dose aspirin regimen.

I haven't IV'd in a few years so I honestly have no idea how it is these days. My blood pressure is better now than then and I no longer take bp meds so maybe it's not so thick anymore.
Quite possibly if you've had an improvement. Hmm that's made me think about my cardiovascular health now.

Heyy everyone the abscessed finally popped and it's draining all the pus out Soo gross I talked to the Dr and I'm doing everything she said I'm keeping it clean with alcohol swabs and then Neosporin then I cover the head with a bandage I'm not squeezing it or trying to drain it myself bc she said no to..and she also prescribed me keflex the antibiotics so I'm taking them.. I just wanna make sure I'm doing everything right there is still hardness n little sore but nothing at all like before it's like a new arm lol..but am I doing everything right...thanks everyone