• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Kids (Under 18) Doing Drugs

Joey

Bluelighter
A lot of us did it. I do not doubt that the odd member and some of our readership fit this demographic.

I've been indulging in substances since I was under the age of 10 with alcohol, and 10 was the age I first picked up cigarette smoking. 13 was first pot high, but 11 was first exposure. Didn't get high the first time.

14-15 I tried a ton of different drugs and that's when I first started running into problems. By the time I was 18 I'd tried everything under the sun including meth and I was in the grips of the start of my alcoholic years. I've seriously struggled with alcohol on and off since I was a teenager, and 17/18 through 25 was the peak of that.

Anyway. What do you think when you see or imagine these fucking endless drugs, especially in the state they're in now with all the chems and fentanils circulating around. Ever since I've hit my adult years I've never been one to party with people underage, except maybe a bit around 18-22 when I still had some friends who were under 18 or people associated who would show up invariably to certain parties. It was rare.

But I would never offer drugs to someone under, I won't buy them cigarettes. The older I get, the younger they look and are. I actually can't believe how much we were able to get our hands on shit now, and I think that people and parents who do this are irresponsible at best and likely just fucking losers if they're giving kids shit like crack and meth and whatever people do. It happens all the time.

What's your attitude here? My Dad thought it was okay for me to drink hard and smoke and stuff as long as it was kept at home and so he was a main supplier of a lot of those particular habits back in those days. I don't think I would have the same attitude to the point of ever buying cigarettes or alcohol for my underage kid. What happened with me in part to this was really screwed up.

Under 18 you're 24% chance of developing a substance use disorder if you indulge in any of these substances. Marijuana included, 18 and up, 4%. I have no study on it, but your true adulthood (brian development) age 25 this would obviously be lower.

My advice to anyone who is under their 20s is to chill out and wait. Really.

young people still have developing brains so drugs both mess with their heads particularly bad and they recover of it all exceptionally well (change my mind)
Above all, thing is they are fucking dumb. It is socially accepted to restrict their all acts because of that and while my moral compass whirls 1000rpm polarizing between anankastic personality disorder and common sense, I can not blame for that. Fuck youngsters.

if there is medical reason, that is one thing.
Youngsters need to go to school every day? So give them amphetamine to study if they have ADHD and weed to sleep if they have DSPD. Otherwise it is just fucking cruel.

if there is medical reason, that is one thing.
Youngsters need to go to school every day? So give them amphetamine to study if they have ADHD and weed to sleep if they have DSPD. Otherwise it is just fucking cruel.
Recent study showed that adderall (amphetamines) doesn't actually improve academic performance of kids with ADHD. It only APPEARS to do so by making them sit still.

It's literally just a pill to control their behavior.

Another interesting fact: over 70 million Americans, 25%, are prescribed amphetamines.

It's just another big pharma racket.

wow I had heard about those kind of results in less specified study group, but not with exclusively ADHD-sufferers.
Lets give them weed then
Well, chemical-free approach is ofc best as long as it is enough, individualized approach with lots of tax money to develop educational practices
And if it is not enough, option must not be short-sighted either

That being said I am pretty suspicious about the approach of forcing people to study things, but I am no expert about that and I don't consider myself having much intelligent to say about that other than some societal philosophy.
I think also the students themselves considered to be performing better while performing just as always

Lol reminds me of some shit I saw the other day, some news article; "suicide rates are up, so it's time we make some better antidepressants".

Nah man... how about you just fix the cause of depression in this fucked up country.... low wages, unaffordable housing, dying planet, poverty, unaffordable college.

Lol reminds me of some shit I saw the other day, some news article; "suicide rates are up, so it's time we make some better antidepressants".

Nah man... how about you just fix the cause of depression in this fucked up country.... low wages, unaffordable housing, dying planet, poverty, unaffordable college.
Also, anti-depressants generally work better for endogenous depression (that arises from a chemical imbalance) rather than reactive depression (caused by external circumstances). Where the latter are to blame, which is the majority of cases, then yeah we'd be better off dealing with the root causes than investing in more sticking plasters.

Also, anti-depressants generally work better for endogenous depression (that arises from a chemical imbalance) rather than reactive depression (caused by external circumstances). Where the latter are to blame, which is the majority of cases, then yeah we'd be better off dealing with the root causes than investing in more sticking plasters.
I've tried to explain this very thing to doctors.

I've had sporadic depression my whole life, but it's very clear to me it is circumstantial/psychological in nature, because the remedy has always been easy. I could be seriously depressed one day, but if I just get up and force myself to accomplish a goal or deal with responsibility my depression almost instantly goes away. My depression is ultimately caused by anxiety via avoidance behavior. It's not chemical.

But even then doctors just blankly stare and go... here, take this SSRI 🤡. Might as well script me some sugar pills.

I feel only very mild depression hanging on the sofa of my flat getting welfare support which could be alleviated by being able to actually interact with the world but almost all attempts to do that just fall short for PTSD triggers which causes massive anxiety and crushing depression FML

but at least the house is not on fire. the world is, tho'.

I know it sounds hypocritical, but I don't suggest teens use drugs.

I suspect we will see a rise in the rate of schizophrenia in the next few years duw to teens using such strong weed.
I was just researching this. And I posted a thread in dpmc recently.
I also think about all the rc’s and chemicals in new meth and fentanyl. Cause that’s what it’s come down to- meth and fentanyl basically. I wonder about lasting serious mental health problems. I have nurses in my family and I know there are rising numbers of patients in psych facilities and rehabilitation facilities/nursing homes who are permanently mentally disabled due to meth abuse. And according to my post, there are more and more people going to emergency rooms in psychosis from new weed stuff (edibles mostly).
Once you mess up your brain, you’re screwed.

Besides staying away from shit like street fent and probably meth and coke to as they tend to be to addictive i really don't see a problem. I definetely wouldnt buy hard liquor for a teenager either as thats also a recipe for disaster. I don't see a problem with beer though i must have had my first beer when i was like 7 ffs and i never turned into a alcoholic.

Nah man... how about you just fix the cause of depression in this fucked up country....
Until the root causes are fixed the outcomes will be same as are those of war on drugs. How about we start not to traumatise everybody all the time? Shit even "papers" are selling news based on fear, ambiguity and suspense. Whole system is made in a way that addiction be it behavioural or exogenous substances based, is needed just to keep economy going. And then we find rationalisation and tell a story how "if everyone behaves in self serving interest better world will emerge". Gotta have excuses for genocides don't ya... And then we get rationalisation from biology with the advent of "Selfish gene" by Dawkins. Not singling out anybody here. Like Hitler could not do his thing without the willingness of the crowd to fully cooperate. Before we change our personal worldview and behavior addiction will be our shadow. There will only be acceptable addicts and scapegoats. This really boils my blood. Have a great day people and take care of each other. Peace.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow I’m glad this thread actually provoked some good lines of discussion.

I’ve said verbatim for years that pills don’t fix circumstance. I read recently some happenstance that says a lot of mental illness isn’t mental illness, it’s the result of a sick society.

That’s the end and end of it. We live in such a psychologically stressful, sedentary, and boring world that it’s mind numbing. People are designed to be physically active and to die quickly, and we do nothing but promote pharmacy and technological solutions to alleviate any and all pain, and extend peoples lives as well far beyond their natural pace.

It’s an amazing thing to do something like fix a brain tumour for a young man in his 20s, so he lives a full life. But with chronic illness and especially in older age, without options to accept our mortality even? Where we regard whether we might be sad about someone dying more than give them rest? 10-15 meds and tubes and staples instead? It’s unreal how economized and stressful gerontological issues are especially. Let people go!

People suffer all the time and thrive, or do their best anyway. More often they used to. Everything’s a big problem and suffering is unacceptable now. It’s not normal to think that way though.

Basic communications skills and practicing something like honesty and humility. This line is horribly distorted in these cultures. Big pharma and medical interventions for everything doesn’t even touch that. We have so many identity issues now, and kids are being sidelined into these narratives systematically to have to identify hate and negativity. It’s always been the same, but it’s more streamlined and extreme than it used to be. Being decent isn’t good enough. You’re not good enough. Life isn’t good enough. This is a problem. That’s the issue in the narrative.

I’m off of my meds now and I feel things more realistically than I have in a long time. I’m as warped as anyone, but I’m a good study in these issues and most people won’t ever get to reflect on all of this or accept themselves. That’s really sad.

. I read recently some happenstance that says a lot of mental illness isn’t mental illness, it’s the result of a sick society.
I reccomend the works of 2 Hungarians, Thomas Szasz ("The Myth of Mental Illnesses", "Our Right to Drugs"...) and Gabor Mate ("In the Realm of The Hungry Ghost", "The Myth of Normal).

I truly reccomend books of both man. But here is a little taste and you can find more on YouTube.