Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Ketamine K-hole: floating in outer space

twoface

Bluelighter
Hello all,

I've done Ketamine many times, nasally and intramuscularly. Particularly when I've done it intramuscularly I had the most unbelievable trip ever. I truly believe I was somehow floating outer space and completely misunderstood the entire concept of the universe and life as it is.

I'm just wondering if this was a particular experience or if some of you had similar experiences. If so, please share.

Thanks a lot!

Hello all,

I've done Ketamine many times, nasally and intramuscularly. Particularly when I've done it intramuscularly I had the most unbelievable trip ever. I truly believe I was somehow floating outer space and completely misunderstood the entire concept of the universe and life as it is.

I'm just wondering if this was a particular experience or if some of you had similar experiences. If so, please share.

Thanks a lot!

Oh twoface...you are not alone. I genuinely do not know how many ketamine users there are on BL that have experienced the absolute bliss/unimaginable disconnect from anything representing reality as we know it through ketamine use.

My example, I believe, is unusual in that I have read less than a dozen trip reports that suggested the user had an experience that came within one-billionth of my own with ketamine.

A little background (I'll skip the dick-sizing style '"Here's my other drug use bro" listing - actually that would indicate a fairly limp dick anyhow :) )

I first tried ketamine at a house party. I'd been drinking for some eight hours and was arguably in the worst possible state to consume anything other than black coffee. Earlier in the night, I'd arranged to switch with a far better connected friend who had planned to try ketamine for the first time and so it would instead be my first time.

When I arrived at the party, I apparently approached the line of ketamine (estimated size ~ 150 to 200mg if pure / 50- 100mg if cut - I'm inclined to assume it was relatively uncut as the K drip combined with my level of alcohol based inebriation would fit such an aggressive response) with no apprehension and snorted the k without any problems. Well, unless you consider that the tern 'problem' to be puking - which I am reliably informed that I did 3 times over the kitchen of a house party venue, belonging to someone I'd never met. It seems that after impressively coating much of the kitchen in vomit, I proceeded to join my friends as if nothing happened.

I don't remember the period during which the ketamine slowly took effect but I can remember when it kicked in fully. I totally lost the ability to understand anything anyone said to me. I was so relieved that my friends were sober enough to understand that this was the case and they definitely were the reason why I didn't freak out during this period. Sure, I took a couple of trips to the bathroom and sat on the toilet whilst trying to get a grip on some sort of reality but I couldn't comprehend english for some 6 hours.

Fast forward six years...

I purchased 11 grams of ketamine from the only online retailer that openly offered it. I tried a few test dosages of 50mg - obviously I was sober this time. I felt a little spaced out but fundamentally it wasn't too scary. My interest was courtesy of Michael Alig's description in the Party Monster documentary, of how ketamine produced Mario Brothers style blocky visuals and I had little realization that there was a world beyond the visuals to be explored via ketamine.

I cant remember when I broke through to the depths of k-holing (I still despise that term, if people insist on using it then write K-Whole-ing or similar) but the reason I replied to your post was because my first breakthrough hole involved myself rearranging the universe on a planetary level by waving my limbs in front of my eyes - though, my eyes were closed and I may not have waved anything whatsoever.

To cut to the chase (I know, I know - finally 'SpellmanT7 writes the longest fucking replies anyone ever had the displeasure to read, right?!?) here is my recipe for ketamine nirvana:

a: rule - at most use ketamine 6 times in one Year

b: prepare a totally safe environment that is essentially consistent with soft-play. If you happen to stand up, don't expect your body to understand how to operate your limbs correctly and thus maintain any balance

c: ritual - ok, from start to finish here is my most productive k-hole method:-

i. Prepare a room so that there is zero clutter and it is as clean as possible
ii Select a movie that will seed a mindset that will contribute to an alternate train of thought for the ketamine experience (in all honesty, The Matrix works as well as anything, regardless of how cheesy it may seem!)
iii. Prepare a comfortable bed from which to watch the movie
iv. Weigh out the ketamine and have it set aside for immediate consumption after the film concludes
v. Have a playlist around 10 minutes long (based on insufflation) which you start after snorting the last line of your ketamine - I recommend three lines, my personal dosage is between 250 - 300mg
vi. Leave a very soft lamp/highly dimmed light as the last light source and have the on/off switch within your grasp of the bed.
vii. When reality begins to disappear, hit the switch to the light and NEVER EVER fight the dissociation. Do not try to keep your eyes open. Do not be alarmed if your heart rate feels slightly raised.

From here, it's down to your ability to let go. I always thought that because I had no background in meditation or similar, my ketamine experiences would be limited. It couldn't be further from the truth. A bad ketamine experience is still equivalent to six months worth of excitement and life-affirming activities. At best, I've had ketamine experiences that rivaled every great moment of my life being simultaneously combined a billion times over. Ketamine has a unique way of producing the scariest closed eye visuals, yet allowing an individual to return to baseline and appreciate the tiniest aspects of everyday reality as truly glorious.

As to the
I'm just wondering if this was a particular experience or if some of you had similar experiences. If so, please share

Ketamine is the most incredible substance I've ever experienced. The reason I've never abused it is solely due to the fact that to lose anything of the experience, would be comparable to losing one of the greatest component pieces of my life ever. I have never met anyone who understood my views on ketamine. I have never been able to understand those who claim to 'love ketamine' and yet 'have to take it daily or weekly'. I have a unique respect for ketamine unlike any other drug I ever took in my lifetime.

I've been to identical places on Ketamine and MXE - unfortunately no amount of ketamine nor the right settings can lull me into a K-Whole :)

I swore I would never try K as I had absolutely no understanding of it whatsoever. And really did not like the idea of having a bad trip. No matter how people tried to describe it to me I was adamant that I would never do it because I was just scared of it basically! Now about 2 months ago I was at my friends who's an avid K user, and since trying various new things have become a lot more opened minded and have lost all fear of bad trips thanks to my good friend Etizolam. So anyway after all the fuss I made about K the first time I tried it would you believe was via IM... I instantly fell in love with K and have had some of the most blissful moments of my life and best experiences ever since then, and not one bad trip lol. I too am yet to experience a k-hole though, no matter how much I do it just doesn't happen. I'm not gonna chase it though, I'm sure it will happen one day and it will be glorious, but until then I will enjoy K and it's lovelyness! Prior to this I had tried to "hole" whilst on MXE... no such luck. Just lost about 4 hours of my life, and came round with no recollection of anything lol!

Sniffing K seems to be more of the recreational/social way of doing it, which is not to say that you can't have a fully immersive experience from sniffing, but IM administration definitely cuts all the messing around out of the way, in addition to conserving material. I could also imagine that having a stuffy nose and that drip falling through as you start to get really dissociated would be quite distracting.

It's also possible to have a lighter experience from IM injection if you stay below 60mg, and it will definitely feel much cleaner as when K is injected it's not metabolized into norketamine.

My first time injecting K (or anything for that matter) I IMed 100mg of k that had been cooked up from a vial (which I then re-dissolved, obviously) with little to no tolerance, and it was one of the most powerful experiences I've had on any drugs and definitely made me fall in love with k (and by extension methoxetamine.)

Now I only really sniff k in social settings (at a show or with friends) and much prefer IM administration. Though I did once IM k at a show, and if I'm with friends who know I inject and are ok with it, I will (though not openly)

Clearly needles are not for everyone so I would take much consideration before trying to IM your ket

Swim and one of his friends have been doing K quite regularly and are trying to find the best way to enter the k hole, they recently found the perfect method for the ultimate experience.

-Pick a large room
-Drink a couple of pints of beer or cider
-Build a den or tent in the middle of the floor, the den has to be enclosed but comfortable. Pillows work well on the floor. The trick is to build what may be a spaceship in your mind (this sounds immature but stick with it)
-Load up youtube and find a long video that has the sound effects of a rainstorm with thunder.
-Load another page and choose an album that is very trippy, Swim and his friend chose 'Connan Mockasin 'caramel'
-The music should bed just underneath the rainstorm
-Clothing should be just a pair of shorts or swimming trunks; they said the trunks are better as they felt free
-Snort around 400-500mg of ketamine
-Share a joint before shaking each other’s hands and then enter the den/spaceship
-Find a comfortable spot
-Swim prefers facing down with his head buried into the pillow to shut out all light, swims friend prefers looking up with the torch on his phone creating a small glare in the corner of the ship
-Relax and float away

This is one of Swims experiences, which lasted for around 30mins to 40mins

Everything went dark, the music began to muffle and effects of the rain bury into the mind.
The body begins to feel weightless and the spirit feels as if is leaving the body.
Bacteria like worms begin to crawl inside the eyelids until a visible room appears below; the world opens up as if looking down.
A slippery wall is seen in the distance as the body quickly goes towards it, you now become face to face with the wall and it appears to have slime dripping from it, black/purple slime.
The eyes stop at the surface of the wall and then the body drops vertically, the body now moves as if lying down and upside down to how you were sitting, everything stops.
The eyes open wide as if in a wooden box, the detail on the walls of the box is more than HD.
The body moves as if on an escalator and takes you to a room, you are now on a cart being pulled along.
The room you are now in appears to be a ballroom there are people dancing, a man looks at you, and he turns into a skeleton to which he ushers you on.
The skeleton evaporates and you look up as the walls fall and now see the sky, the body feels cold as if in the lonely night sky.
The body continues to move and you see a built up city below, you are amazed at what you see.
At no point are you afraid of anything you have complete contentment.
The body is pulled towards the floor very fast but as it is going to land it slows down.
After a breath you are again faced with a wall, this time it is built of crystals and you begin to float through walls, you are now in a kitchen, there are 3 women in it, one is smoking the other is cutting others hair, they are all laughing but with each other, you are just watching them.
This room changes to a social gathering, again changing to a bar, then you see a woman putting her coat on and leave a room, the door slams, you are then taken back to the universe as the images begin to slow down and you gradually find yourself back in the spaceship with complete amasement at what just happened.
You feel as if you have travelled through time and have seen how the world was built up from different atoms, you feel as if your creator is showing you 'what is'.

The music and sound effects definitely influence the trip and it feels more intense than LSD but you are completely calm.
Alcohol also plays a part as Swim tried it without any one time and nothing as enlightening happened.
Swim says it is better to be with someone else, as he needed to share his experience with his fellow traveller and vice versa.

Doing Ketamine IM absolutely makes a huge difference. It's definitely possible to have a higher level experience from insufflation if you have no tolerance, but the amount of nasal irritation that can come with it is often not even worth it. The experiences I've had injecting Ketamine are as indescribable as my strongest dmt breakthroughs, or perhaps moreso. First you feel it coming on in this overwhelming wave and then you're just cast out into an infinite universe of pure imagination and thought, before slowing being reeled back into your your body and awareness. Even at levels just below breakthrough Ketamine can be extremely intense and disorienting. I've felt time slow down or flow backwards, or had salvia-like reality-bending experiences of sheer confusion and disorientation, ego-dissolution, and so on and so forth...

Good times.