Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Ketamine IV in ambulance

s0ma

Greenlighter
My experience of 125mg K iv + 10mg diazepam, an at the time unknown amount.

Swims pony was somewhat experienced with ketamine (<120mg). I had been picked up by an ambulance one time before i swore to try to get the ambulance medics to administer some K instead of opiates for the lulz, but also for better analgesic effect and following afterglow.

Setting: I suffered massive physical trauma falling some ~10m breaking my spine and whatnot, my first concern being paralyzation. I expected to pass out, but was fully conscious and quickly determined that i still had contact with my feet. Good, my life wasn't ruined and i just had to endure the 5-10mins of agony until the ambulance arrived.

Last time i got hurt i really disliked the nausea following a strong dose of opiates, so i thought K would be a nice alternative. When the ambulance arrived i insinuated that i might be allergic to opiates and score, the medics suggested Ketalar as it might have been a bit suspicious had i suggested it myself.

So never having tried any recreative drug IV i suspected some confusion. It kicked in immediately and i got into the ambulance. I tried to keep a conversation with the medic for the first couple of minutes to keep a grip with reality but dozed of at some point. I didn't know they also administered diazepam to supress the psychedelic effects and everything got a bit 'muddy' during the next 5-10 minutes which felt like a lot more i got the classic k-hole experience of waking up into a new dimension all of the time, but without being aware of where i was or that i was tripping. Combined with the trauma it was confusing in an uncomfortable way not to be aware of the trip, except for brief seconds of clarity, as i had to lie still to protect my spine from further injury.

After arriving at the hospital they probably gave me something more as i don't remember anything until i woke up a couple of hours later to a nice blissful afterglow which was much needed in the situation. Apparently the next couple of days the doctors and nurses thought i was a medical student
19.gif

tl;dr All in all a bit too confusing experience to enjoy the trip and having to fight the diazepam was difficult (have no prior experience with Valium) and i only had some 15-20 semi conscious minutes to trip in. I never tried recreational drugs IV but a smaller say 50-100mg dose (what is a recreational iv dose?) might be interesting.

Hope im not considered to break the self incrimination rules as this was very by the book.

Edit: sry got he dosage wrong, just checked my medical journal. It happened in 2011 and all ways thought the dosage was more heroic than it actually was.:| Would like to know if it was actually the diazepam that knocked me out, but obviously can't really find trip reports of diazepam iv

Last edited:
yeah 200 mgs iv of ketamine and 10mgs diazepam no wonder it was confusing... how did you fall if i can ask?

Climbing thing :p pretty annoying as i've done far more stupid stuff the previous years.

Glad you didn't end up in a state of paralysis.

Ketamine IV is not a recreational drug.

We don't use "swim" nowadays - read the rules on self-incrimination.

Lol! Especially seeing as you were given ketamine by trained medical personnel for a medical indication.

WantToBeReborn, well havn't read reports of iv, but seems like quite a few people do im once in a while. Is that what you mean?
Ahh and nice to see this swim stuff is finally over. Allways thought it was some american thing.