• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Ketamine Inflammatory Response - Allergy?

O_oSam

Greenlighter
Hello all

Situation
I have happily been taking ketamine frequently over the last five years and wish to continue experimenting with it.

Problem
About two years ago my nose started reacting badly to it by triggering an inflammatory response. Not mucus, but rather my nasal tubes (sinuses?) swelling to the extent that no air/mucus/powder could pass. This lasted several months (indicating the issue wasn't an additive or batch specific) and went away (I don't accurately remember how it faded).

Of recent, the inflammatory response has reoccurred with greater severity. Now every time I do a line I remain feeling very uncomfortable (like the inside of my face has swollen up) for several hours, sometimes into the next day. A few weeks ago I had an 'episode' where my nasal tubes remained inflamed/closed for a week after a session.

Attempts to mitigate
I have forever tried taking anti-histamine to inhibit the inflammatory response but it does not seem to have any impact.

Unhelpfully, I have found that cocaine sustains dilation of my nasal passages. But that is certainly not a habit I wish to get into.

Questions
Does the fact that anti-histamines have no effect suggest that it is not an allergy?
Does anyone else have experience of this?
Can anything be done to mitigate symptoms?

Thank you for your time.

I find it impossible to snort any substansial amount of Ketamine.
I use needles for im injections instead.

Im not in to needles othervice but i feel that its worth the benefits i get from moderate use of this compound.