• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Just started Zubsolv... quick question

joelessons2

Greenlighter
Hey everyone,

I was on pain medication for a chronic stomach illness for several years and I started Zubsolv 5.7mg yesterday. On Day 1, I took half of the pill and then one hour later, I took the other half. That's all I needed to get rid of the withdrawals. It took me a long time to find a pharmacy with this medicine, so I wasn't able to take my first dose until yesterday at 4pm ET and then my second dose until 5pm ET.

My question is this... On Day 2, my doctor's instructions have me taking 1 full pill in the morning and then taking 1.75 pills at night. Right now, it is 8am ET - is it too soon to take the full morning pill or is 15 hours long enough between my doses?

Also, I didn't get ANY sleep last night. Anyone have tips to deal with insomnia related to Zubsolv? Thanks.

Can you call your doctor's office to get instructions on the dose? I think that is best as none of us are doctors (well, that I know of anyway...;))

As far as the insomnia goes, read up on sleep hygiene and make sure you are doing all that is recommended. Epsom salts baths help me. A good book until my eyes can't stay open is also effective for me for falling asleep but of course that doesn't help with waking in the night.

when the dosing schedule is 2x per day, you generally want to have roughly 12 hrs in between each dose. try to take it at the same time every day, so if your first dose is at 9am, have your second dose at 9pm, and then keep to those same times as close as you can every day. its fine if you're a little bit off, but when you are, stick to the original schedule, not the messed up one, so if you take your first dose at 10am, your second one should still be 9pm and not 10pm. the insomnia should go away in a few days.