• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Just Not the Same

AlCaponeUser

Bluelighter
So I smoked pot today for the first time in like 5 or so years. Used to smoke massively everyday until opiates got involved. Anyway, I was bugin out and I only took a couple pulls. The stuff was alright but I was very paranoid. On the other hand I took a couple of perc 10's a little after that and it was pretty decent. More than normal and the paranoia went away for the most part. The bad part about the pot was that I was at work. Totally zonin and nervous. Couldn't wait to leave...lol. Guess my tolerance has gone right back to nothing. It felt like the first time I smoked except it wasn't any fun really. Not sure if I ever wanna smoke again, but a part of me wants to be like 70 yrs old blazin on the front porch...lol

Pretty sure you could get back into it pretty quickly if you want. Tolerance seems to built alot quicker when you go back to using just about anything than it did the first time around. Probably would have been alot better in a different setting, first time in five years at work? Yeah, that's probably gonna paranoid just about anyone out, LOL.

lol...after a while it was cool. My girl couldn't look at me bc I looked so doofy. but yeah I prob should have considered what it was gonna be like after I smoked at the job...everybody speaks spanish there too so I was wondering if they were talkin about me or not...lol, craziness

im in EXACTLY the same position... and a lot of people i know who have quit and gone back have had a similar reaction.

i was a pothead until i started doing other drugs and just got burnt out on it in general... i quit smoking for a long time and when i smoked again it was a TERRIBLE experience. very paranoid like you and i just felt all around uncomfortable. my heart was beating really fast and i felt really dopey and became socially awkward. i tried many more times and exactly the same feeling no matter what kind of bud it was. its weird i never viewed weed like this but it REALLY fucks you up! so i havent smoked for another 3-4 years or so. i have no idea why it happens but ive decided i never wanna smoke again because the point of getting high is to feel euphoric and i dont wanna smoke something to feel miserable. sucks tho i also want to be an old man blazing up

It all has to do with the frame of mind. Just smoke it like its an everyday thing... Don't smoke too much or you'll just act dumb and uncomfortable. I'd suggest smoking a minuscule ammount to get adjusted to it while taking other drugs to enhance their effects, even if its the tinniest thing difference.

I dont enjoy smoking much anymore either. I also smoked heavily every day when I was in my late teen early 20's for about two years. The times I have smoked since I did not get nearly the enjoyment, I also have extreme paranoia when I smoke when hanging out with a group of people. I dont know if the enjoyment decrease is to do with my older age or what.