• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Recovery Housing Just got a job opportunity!

TheBeardedMasonite

Bluelighter
I'm currently in a sober living house, 4 months sober/clean. Asked a local auto shop (I like cars n such) if they were hiring, they said come back tomorrow and we'll try you out! This is a huge step for my recovery! I go insane with out working. Keep your heads up guys, you never know what'll fall in your lap to help you recover!!

Dude that’s awesome man

Doing what you like for a living is exciting. Good luck!!

That's awesome. That structure you will have will be tremendous in your continued path of recovery. Just having that commitment, feeling like you are contributing to something , and filling that idle time is great in so many ways.
I just started working again recently, and it's been great for me, even though the job itself is lousy. It keeps me busy and out of my own head, and that's what I need right now.
If the job doesn't go through for whatever reason, please don't get discouraged, because if you stay on this path, the right opportunity should present itself.

That's great Masonite! It's such a great feeling when you're doing good stuff to contribute to your recovery. Congratulations!

Thanks Captain and Star! It feels great to close shop and know you actually went threw with something, actually have back to society again. I've been lacking that feeling since I left the military. Thanks TravisB, I'm with you on staying out of my own head. That's almost killed me many times! Congrats on you working again, I hope you continue to feel better and better threw work. Thanks again all y'all it feels great to have even a little support haha.

It sure is Captain, how are you doing today? I didn't work so I took a bus around a local National Park. I live 3 miles from it, it's amazing tbh.

That sounds so cool. I wish I lived close to a national park. Close enough to one to drive to in a sitting but eh, not sure if I'll go back.

I'm not doing too well. Kind of sad, upset.

It's part of the grieving process I suppose.