• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Just found out I have brain tumor, Docs aren't telling me much about my future.

knightworrier

Bluelighter
Well like I say MRI found a tumor next to pituartary gland. i am getting mad headaches but nothing works. I usually take Hydro hoping it will work. Anyone know of any natural pain killers for these headaches? Thanks in Advance. NW:(

Did they prescribe anything to treat headaches? If not, this could be a measure to not aggravate the condition. I recommend talking to a medical professional. Due to the complexity of such a condition, I do not feel comfortable recommending any medicines or supplements. Having said that, I can list some commonly used substances for such a thing. I really do urge you to ask your doctors for advice before experimenting though.

Natural Remedies

1. Diffusion of lavender oil
2. Butterbur extract
3. Magnesium and B vitamin complex
4. Staying hydrated

Pharmaceutical Remedies

1. Triptans
2. Muscle Relaxants
3. Phenothiazine Derivatives

Again, this is not medical advice and I wish you the best of luck and quality of life with your condition.

I'm sorry to hear of your situation. Have they given you any information regarding the tumor? Do you have another appointment soon? I triangle recommend that you write out a list of questions for your medical team and see them ASAP - you need to know what's going on. Please do not self medicate as you can make the situation worse. You may want to consider meditation and yoga as those can help with relaxation and blood flow which may help to decrease the pressure/pain in your head. Make sure you are eating healthy and consider a ketogenic diet. Try to exercise lightly like going for walks everyday and make certain to get adequate sleep. Best wishes!

Thanks mate. It's a hard position. They are thinking on starting me on anti parkinsons. Possible hormone replacement and surgury. I have been told radiation and lazer treatment are further down the line. Problem is they are having trouble with a non contrast MRI the best they have is one from 2008 and it doesn't show a big difference as much as they can see, Nothing at all gets rid of the headaches yet. I get to the point of very little vision and have to simply wait it out. (Feeling pretty depressed) Also I don't have a single real riend here that would take time out to see me in hospital so a lonely crappy year in hospital.... Still not knowing my future. Waiting is hard. Started on basic meds to shrink tumor. was hoping headaches would go. Even on dil the headaches are unbearable. Thanks guys. <3

Oh man, I am so sorry to hear this. I have no idea whether this could relate to your headaches since they are tumor caused but my sister got a botox injection for her migraines and it worked 100%.

What part of "some planet" are you in?;) If I'm in the same spot, you've got a visitor.<3

Second suggestion with absolutely no scientific basis for it--all anecdotal--but here goes. CBD oil. My husband has been on it for 3/4 of a year with fantastic results. He just told our family doctor about it and the doctor responded by telling my husband about two patients (both post chemo and radiation) who have inoperable brain tumors--one is using CBD oil and the other is not. The one using the oil has seen not dramatic, but some, shrinkage and is reporting less pain. Just something to consider.<3

There are theories that some classic psychs (LSD, Psilocybin) work well for headaches, specifically cluster headaches. They might help with digesting the situation in which you find yourself as well.

Quick reading: https://clusterbusters.org/treatmen...and-lsd-in-the-treatment-of-cluster-headache/

not sure how legit that site is, but I've read about it in some rather reputable publications in the past, just don't have time to look them up atm.

Best wishes, Friend.

Make sure you are eating healthy and consider a ketogenic diet.

i can't conjure up the research but i do recall reading that a ketogenic diet has some broad effectiveness at shrinking tumours.

ofc cannabis always comes up in cancer treatment, although anecdotal reports seem to be further ahead than the science in this area.

caffeine can be effective in helping reduce the severity of the headaches though, since it acts as a vasoconstrictor and is commonly referenced in treating headaches.

hopefully the docs caught the tumour early and it can be treated effectively, best of luck

I had a brain tumour. Nothing helps with the pain, although Cannabis wasn't an option for me 20 years ago. Just grin and bare it until surgery/treatment makes it tolerable. I used to get headaches so bad, I'd vomit and collapse in a ball, but it all went away after surgery.

All the best, if you have any questions about brain injuries and dealing with life after them, hit me up.

^Ugh--that's terrible. Sorry you had to go through that amount of suffering.