• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Just found out about Wheel Filters, any feedback on effectivness on BTH vs Cotton

blime84

Bluelighter
So I just found out about wheel filters, been using cotton only last 10 years(not a regular injector, mainly smoke, inject 10-20x/ year). do these make the shot itch less going up my arm? does it help reduce bruising in injection site(I dont have bruising usually, but it does swell up for about 30 min then u can only see a small dot).

Can I take my 10mg methadones and cook them up and shoot safe w this filter?

Shooting pills and the word safe don't really go together, it could be "safer" but pills shouldn't be IV'd. Now im a hippocrate lol cuz i used to do it, just not with 'done.
I was on 'done at a clinic but never attempted to IV it, it was liquid too but i heard bad things about doing it.
I donno anything about BTH i used to use east coast powder and when i did i only used a cotton, it wasn't until bupe i started using micron filters and bacteriostatic water with things.

Someone with experience with BTH will chime in.

And a rule of thumb, don't "cook" pills.
Opiates a pretty water soluble and when you cook a pill it only allows binders and fillers to break down into the solution which may or may not be big enough in microns for the filter to filter out.
A "wheel" filter can filter down to .XX microns while a cotton only goes down to about 50 (not .50 microns, 50 microns) IIRC.

Don't cook anything up! If you do that, you'll end up liquefying the insolubles, which will defeat the purpose of using the wheel-filter..

But, it's far superior to cotton in all situations...

Also, IVing your methadone pills is unnecessary, and very risky..but if you must do it, crush them and dissolve whatever you can into the water, but don't heat it...then, use the micron filter...but you'll be disappointed...

Message captain heroin he knows his stuff. And yes use a micron filter I started using one for my suboxone after reading captain heroin's guide to micron filtering I make a couple weeks worth of solution to i.v. using one micron filter cutting down costs since they can only be used once. If I kept shooting sub's without one I would have started to see everything through a haze cause of all the calcium going into my eyes and talc would be in my lungs. Look for captain heroins megathread on micron filtering he was nice enough to add pictures and put it step by step So any idiot can micron filter. Be safe

wheel filters are great for BTH (and everything else for that matter). It will make your solution SO much more clean.

anything that isn't a vial for injection should be filtered through a micron filter (wheel filter)

Yeah with the option, a micron filter is always going to be the much safer bet. Downside is they are pricey, and a lot of addicts on the street don't even know they exist. Needle exchanges don't ever mention them.

I am sure most addicts dont know about them. I dont shoot on the regular, but have many friends who do and none of them know of this. all use cotton. And most of these people have been using 5-10 years, some over 25 years.

In terms of using it for BTH, I understand it will filter dirty shit out, just a few other questions:

1) may be dumb, but can someone how much my veins will be saved using these filters?

2) will using the filters affect the high at all? will it be a cleaner feeling high?

3) is any heroin lost using these filters?

4) as the person above mentioned, they make a large amount of solution with 1 filter then use for multiple shots. How long is cooked up BTH good for? say I cook up a gram into like 300 CC and spread it into 4 shots, can I use these over 12-16 hours? or is there a problem here.

Thanks for the helpful replies so fat!

You can't make a solution of heroin.. it turns back to morphine after being in water for 20ish hours.
Sorry I mentioned that, didn't mean to confuse you.
But it may lose a little potency by the 16 hour mark you are saying, best bet would be to just make one or two shots at a time and make it so you only use one filter per day.. they aren't technically "useless" after one use, they just become dirty and can contain bacteria on the out end of the filter meaning it would make it into your shot.

Heroin won't be lost in the filter, opiates are highly water soluble and the only things that should be filtered out are cuts and impurities.

I can't tell you "how much" it would save your veins, but it would be a lot better than not using a micron "wheel" filter.

I don't know if it would affect the high, I have no experience with BTH. I used to use powder. I can't imagine it making the high worse though.

Hope i helped.

-HOOD

Help!!

Message captain heroin he knows his stuff. And yes use a micron filter I started using one for my suboxone after reading captain heroin's guide to micron filtering I make a couple weeks worth of solution to i.v. using one micron filter cutting down costs since they can only be used once. If I kept shooting sub's without one I would have started to see everything through a haze cause of all the calcium going into my eyes and talc would be in my lungs. Look for captain heroins megathread on micron filtering he was nice enough to add pictures and put it step by step So any idiot can micron filter. Be safe

Okay so I just have a few questions,
One Is I took 12mg of a suboxone strip today and it didn't help with the withdrawal AT ALL!!
What would be the cause of that!? Would
It have something to do with how much heroin I was doing when I decided to get clean and its going to be on the socks in my room yay got it thank you so much for helping me be Hollywood ready!! It's going to be a LooOOoong couple of days it's been 2 hours before I took half of an 8mm didn't feel anything so I took 4mm more still didn't feel any better at all, so I don't know maybe the suboxone just isn't going to work for me or was I doing too much heroin, and it's gonna take longer yeah know. I just want this to be over with I don't want to feel this way anymore I just want something to take the edge off other then just doing heroin cause we all know h
That would definitely take the edge off. I really appreciate it!! your the best honestly I can't even begin to describe how grateful I am to be where I'm at right now, and yes it sucks and
I'm miserable and I just want to curl up and die. But I'm not going through this alone I have someone right by my side who is doing the same thing,and in that there is power. I also have one more question if I slammed meth about 8 hours after my last dose of suboxone is that going to effect me? The meth actually seemed to help me made me not think about being sick it's almost like I completely forgot that I was detoxing and coming off being a junkie.
Anyways if you have any answers or suggestions to make this withdrawal off of slamming two grams a day please let me kmow! I'm willing to hear anything

Thank you
hsalt85

Help!!!

You can't make a solution of heroin.. it turns back to morphine after being in water for 20ish hours.
Sorry I mentioned that, didn't mean to confuse you.
But it may lose a little potency by the 16 hour mark you are saying, best bet would be to just make one or two shots at a time and make it so you only use one filter per day.. they aren't technically "useless" after one use, they just become dirty and can contain bacteria on the out end of the filter meaning it would make it into your shot.

Heroin won't be lost in the filter, opiates are highly water soluble and the only things that should be filtered out are cuts and impurities.

I can't tell you "how much" it would save your veins, but it would be a lot better than not using a micron "wheel" filter.

I don't know if it would affect the high, I have no experience with BTH. I used to use powder. I can't imagine it making the high worse though.

just waiting for this car sales man to call me
Back so I can still try and get a capr. But I don't have a $1,000-anymore to put down so
It's going to have to be $0 down and $/// a month. I believe so, I go to Court again on the 24th for my wasatch county charges, and by then I am supposed to have a job and place of residency I have not found any thing yet but I'm still trying. and I'm supposed to be I feel like that's all I do is wait and be patient and wait and try and be patient and wait and then my patiences is gone and I freak out.

Last edited: