• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

I've been having really lucid dreams lately

deadendgame

Bluelighter
I been having really lucid dreams, ever since I been on the remeron. The higher the dosage, the more lucid the dream or nightmare. 9 times out of 10 it ends up being a nightmare. I think it's extremely unfair. I mean my life sucks ass the other 14 hours I'm awake, and I really don't deserve these strong nightmares. Anyways, the dreams are extremely lucid and what I noticed is all 5 of my senses are intact in the dream. In fact, everything I see, hear, and feel in the dream I remember clearly and it is the exact same feeling in real life. Which leads me to believe that if I die in my sleep, I stay in my dream, because where else would I go? If all consciousness ends, I'm actually okay with that too because I'm sick of this fucked up life. What is not okay is being trapped in those nightmares.

None of us deserve this but we get it anyway. Your consciousness is very very likely what your dreams are made of so I wouldn't worry about being stuck in a dream after you die. But ultimately what comes after is unknown. My best guess is nothingness for your particular consciousness. This is the benefit of not believing in a soul. You are freed. I've never seen any good evidence for a soul so why believe in something (usually out of fear)

Me too, since I started taking Phenibut. It seems more like real life. I realise I'm actually leaving my body to go off and experience all sorts of things, anywhere, in the present, past, or future.

My most educated guess is that if you died while having a nightmare, you'd initially leave your body with the "echo" of that nightmare still lingering in your consciousness, until it fades. It's kind of like how when you first wake up from a really vivid dream or nightmare, it takes a while for the memory to fade a little bit as you rejoin waking reality. This "fading" effect can be observed while on certain psychedelics, just like how anything you focus on can become a whole world you get stuck in while tripping.

This reason why I think this about death is because OBEs and astral projection work similarly. There are many techniques that use dreams as the gateway to leave the body, but first you have to recognize that it's a dream before you can develop the skill to do that. Initially you're in the vivid dream, and then you realize you can leave. When you're just starting to learn how to do this, your OBE is initially a mix of real world imagery (i.e. seeing your bedroom), but there may be dream images overlaid, making it a mix of two worlds because consciousness is clinging to the dream image. Dreams are internal projections, whereas OBEs are external projections. There's really no difference between the inner and the outer, you can project consciousness into both. But when you haven't mastered the OBE version, part of your mind will still cling to the internal dream state because it's more familiar and automatic.

Although it's not possible to know for sure, my strong suspicion is that when we die, our entire lifetime of memories is similar to this, including how we died. If someone dies traumatically then probably for the first little while outside of the body they still believe that it's happening, even though the situation has passed. Then they gradually wake up to their non-corporeal existence again, and remember who they are.

Remeron is well-known for causing really intense (and usually unpleasant) dreams. Read up on Erowid trip reports, some of them are rather chilling.

I never noticed that from mirtazepine though did notice weight gain. I have vivid and lucid dreams a few times a week even as a pothead.

Nicotine patch has me dreaming incredibly realistically.

I've also had a few dreams about people on this board after I've been on Bluelight before I've gone to bed.

I think you dream about so much in the course of a night what you remember is only an infinitesimal part of it, though. When I took Kratom I had some unusal dream sequences where everything went much slower and it was like I could see myself from behind the dream. It seemed like I had about 5 scenarios I switched back and forth in between, or maybe they went on all at once and I just shifted my focus between them.

Maybe when you start to dream you somehow "program" for what you want to experience in advance, and it will be something that is useful to the ego. I still have recurring dreams about looking for and taking drugs, and always downers, it happens almost every night. So I guess it's to satisfy my subconscious cravings.