• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

its only oxy.... wtf?

chrisalt

Bluelighter
So i was just talking to a coworker and we were talking about our party plans for the time off we get, and we ended up talking about chronic pain patients (we both are). This took our convo to booze and pills. "He said something like "its just oxycontin". Meaning its ok to mix alcohol and pills.... i tried to reason with him but these nothern guys are fucked apprently(hes from some northern ontario hell hole originally and booze and pills is the norm)

My question is are most people that ignorant of the dangers of combining these substances? are people that fucking stupid? or is our governments and the lack of info out there to blame?

This is world is so stupid it makes me sick.

What is the purpose of this thread?
I'm not trying to be a smartass, but need to know why you started a thread about this in OD.

People in general and a disturbingly high amount of drug users aren't informed in the dangers of mixing certain drugs. I am not surprised with someone sayin its ok to mix pills with alcohol.

If ya can do something like tell em to look it up on the internet if he doesn't believe you so he can stay safe.

Best thing you can honestly do is give them the facts and let them know that mixing the two is a big no no. If they choose to ignore you and proceed with whatever they're mixing or whatever at least you know you did the right thing in informing them about the dangers, especially pills (especially benzo's) and booze...

I wouldn't blame it on the government... People tend to hear something from someone and believe it to be true. Some people really are just that ignorant. I was talking to a co-worker a few months ago and I overheard her talking about Oxycontin so I got in the conversation and found out all the rage at my local high school was kids "smoking oxycontin." I just didn't even know what to say...

I was talking to a co-worker a few months ago and I overheard her talking about Oxycontin so I got in the conversation and found out all the rage at my local high school was kids "smoking oxycontin." I just didn't even know what to say...

I have had the exact same reaction when I started hearing about that shit.. Even when people post about it here on BL it's totally baffling. No idea where that trend came from or how these people don't know how utterly wasteful and harmful it is but... It's ridiculous.

you should tell them NEVER say "it's only" when referring to drugs.

i've known a few people who thought their dope was harmless (it is only) because they were not IVing them or some other factor that was seemingly harmless to them.

guess where they are now.

all i am saying is...
be careful man.
do your own trials.
everyone's body, tolerance and mindset is different.

i used to drink, shoot morphine, pop DXM and smoke crack all in one night but most people wouldn't live though that idk why i can i have tried to kill myself with drugs and alcohol but failed at extremely high doses so it may be fine for your friend to drink and take oxycontin

I mix alcohol and heroin all the time. It helps me get a lot higher and get more out of the dope. Its not for rookies, but if your tolerant and experienced with both alcohol and opiates they can work great together for getting messed up.

i used to drink, shoot morphine, pop DXM and smoke crack all in one night but most people wouldn't live though that idk why i can i have tried to kill myself with drugs and alcohol but failed at extremely high doses so it may be fine for your friend to drink and take oxycontin

It may be fine for him to do that or he may die from doing that. Better safe than dead...

I mix alcohol and heroin all the time. It helps me get a lot higher and get more out of the dope. Its not for rookies, but if your tolerant and experienced with both alcohol and opiates they can work great together for getting messed up.

Most heroin overdoses are the result of mixing heroin with another CNS depressant such as alcohol or benzodiazepines. Personally I don't mix opiates with anything else as I am content with the high from opiates alone, and find alcohol to dirty the high.

If you are impaired by alcohol it is a lot easier to miscalculate your dose of heroin or just use poor judgement and take too much for the amount of alcohol that is already in your system. Even if you are experienced it still isn't a combination that should be entertained. All the experience in the world won't mean a thing if you are too drunk to realize what you are doing, and if you are drunk you won't know that you are too drunk to the dose of heroin that may put you over the edge.

From a harm reduction standpoint this combination should be avoided. It's one thing to properly dose heroin, but it's another thing to take the proper amount while taking into account your alcohol intake, and if it's a batch of heroin that you are unfamiliar with the risk is even greater.

So i was just talking to a coworker and we were talking about our party plans for the time off we get, and we ended up talking about chronic pain patients (we both are). This took our convo to booze and pills. "He said something like "its just oxycontin". Meaning its ok to mix alcohol and pills.... i tried to reason with him but these nothern guys are fucked apprently(hes from some northern ontario hell hole originally and booze and pills is the norm)

My question is are most people that ignorant of the dangers of combining these substances? are people that fucking stupid? or is our governments and the lack of info out there to blame?

This is world is so stupid it makes me sick.

Some people downplay oxycodone because they don't want to look as bad as "hard drug" users, and others do it because they truly are uneducated on drugs. Oxycodone is a potent opioid that accounts for a lot of overdoses, and mixing it with alcohol greatly increases the chances of these overdoses occurring.

1. Are people that ignorant of the dangers of combining these substances? Sure, otherwise there wouldn't be as many overdoses from the combination of these substances as there are.
  2. Are people really that stupid? I guess.
  3. Is the government/lack of info to blame? They can't really advertise how dangerous oxycodone is on regular television all the time. There are shows and specials on it which say how dangerous of a drug it is. The government made drug companies reformulate the drug into an abuse resistant formula so they have taken some steps to try to limit the amount of overdose deaths from it. For those that are prescribed the drug there are plenty of warnings inside the prescription pamphlet.

Drug education focuses more on prescription pills than it did before, and parents are being told to lock their medicine cabinets and/or throw away all old prescriptions. They have to educate just enough so that people know that the drug is dangerous, but not too much as to make people curious about the drug and want to try it.

I don't know what else to tell you. This definitely isn't an Other Drugs topic so I will try it in Drug Culture, but can't guarantee that it will stay open since I don't know if the discussion will go anywhere.

OD --> DC

If you have a tolerance and know what you're doing alcohol and opiates is not dangerous whatsoever. However with no tolerance, or lots of ignorance, extreme danger.

What exactly is your question?

If you have a tolerance and know what you're doing alcohol and opiates is not dangerous whatsoever.

That's a pretty bold statement to make. You don't always know what you're doing when you are intoxicated, which is why people with tolerances that normally take drugs safely end up overdosing from this combo.

I don't think it's as much misinformation or ill-education as it is just plain ole' not giving a fuck, and the theory that most people hold that they are invincible.
This line of thinking can lead to these responses of "it's not dangerous" just as well as it coming from someone who truly has no idea. I sincerely doubt that there are that many users who don't realise on SOME level that these combinations are dangerous, that said - I honestly believe it goes back to the invincibility complex.

This is why a dealer lady I know continues to "dissolve" her new-formulation Opana 40s in vinegar/lemon juice and IVs them, as well as her son. I've recently been able to convince her that doing this will lead to a "blood disease", and last we spoke she did sound concerned.
I've not sat and watched them prep these for IV, but I have an image in my head of the barrel being filled with an extremely viscous, gel consistent "liquid".
It should go without saying that there isnt a micron filter involved (not sure the solution could even be forced through one?).
But as she's said herself, a drug addict is not necessarily let something like the reformulation get in their way. This sounds like a sentiment that is more along the lines of my "not giving a fuck" theory. Anyway.

If you have a tolerance and know what you're doing alcohol and opiates is not dangerous whatsoever.

Well... I'm not sure that I would go so far as to say "not dangerous whatsoever." There is always an inherent risk, some danger, even for those well-versed, educated individuals with a tolerance to said substances.

The fact that he doesn't research his drug combinations before trying them shows that he is not a very intelligent person. Therefore, he will likely not respond well to logic and reasoning. You can try presenting the facts, but know that logic and reasoning, no matter how clear, does not always get through to non logical people. As a "friend" of his, I'd say you're obligated to at least explain to him that he should research the combination for himself.

i have no room to talk cuz im fucking shit tanked from taking alcohol and oxy for the last 7 hours straight and i feel greattt lol

If you have a tolerance and know what you're doing alcohol and opiates is not dangerous whatsoever. However with no tolerance, or lots of ignorance, extreme danger.

What exactly is your question?
While this is generally true, you have to still be careful. 'Knowing your body' will not always work. There are certain foods and medications that can induce or inhibit the metabolism of certain substances, along with increasing their absorption. One such example is white grapefruit juice, this will inhibit the metabolism of certain drugs, increasing their duration, and in the case of pro drug's, converting more into the active metabolite. So while normally you may be okay to mix two CNS depressants, if you make a simple mistake like consuming white grapefruit juice (or a number of other potentiator's which you could easily be unaware of their interactions with the substance in question), can completely change your reaction.

Also, if your liver happens too be damaged from Alchohol or Acetomeniphen abuse (or untreated Hep C), the way your body metabolizes certain substances can very greatly from day to day.

I have had the exact same reaction when I started hearing about that shit.. Even when people post about it here on BL it's totally baffling. No idea where that trend came from or how these people don't know how utterly wasteful and harmful it is but... It's ridiculous.

ive only heard of smoking oxy within the past couple years and ironically when i heard about it was when the oxycontin express documentary came out and that kid (whose now dead) was smoking all his roxis. shits fucking sickening not to mention a waste of a pill that could cost up to if not more then $1 a MG.

dose is everything; i'll be damned if i didn't have a couple brews to kick in my meager 25-50mg morphine doses this past semester on a boring wednesday night.