it's obvious that this forum is being "watched"...

XXX

Bluelighter
and all the information is being analyzed.
it's funny that we laugh at the media because they dont really "know"... but do we actually want them to know???
the more stupid questions + answers... the better...

Big Brother...
Hey XXX are you going to be in TO on the 26th? Let me know
smile.gif

hey xxx how are ya liking your stay in TO ?
smile.gif
Happy Holidays bro ! ohh and THANX for the cds, man I am in heaven listening to some of the BEST SHIT i have heard
smile.gif

heather ... what are your plans for new years ?
btw: I believe xxx leaves on the 27th
pete

This is gonna sound SOOOO crazy, but yes I believe we are being watched. I believe the reason they are giving away free internet now is because they want' everyone on the internet so they can be monitored. There interests, their conversations, their purchases, their secrets, everything.....call me crazy but who knows?? That's what cookies are for, they store info on your computer. Some sites won't allow you to visit if they can't store cookies? Just ask a hacker how much info they can get about you from your computer,,,,it's really scary!!
A LIL PARANOIA TO GO WITH THAT!!!
PLUR

I like it when people watch...so does miss apple. Why do you think we openly parade our lecherous trysts on bluelight? :0
wink.gif

Umm, I think we're revisiting an old old old old topic. Since we do not allow solicitation of drugs or dealers, nor do we tolerate anything that could be illegal, it doesn't matter if we're being watched or not. I would suspect that departments may plant someone one a message board to get into the scene, but we are all the low men/women on the totem pole, so it would be a waste of time and money to follow up on any of us...a waste of time and money...OH SHIT YOUR RIGHT THEY ARE WATCHING!
------------------
TBritton
"Tis better to understand what you hate, than to hate what you don't understand."

just be careful... ive seen some peeps show up at a bluelight meeting that fit the description of big brother.

Enerbunny and others.
The cookies solution:
REMOVE them frequently. Search for the folder name "cookies" and delete all the text files in them.
Also clear your history too.
For IE 5.0 ; Tool/Internet Options/ Clear History.
IE 4.0 View/INternet Options/ Clear History
Netscape 4.0 navigator 4.05: Edit/References/Clear History.

LOL,LOL,LOL,
Britton you are funny!! but i will say this
i have gotten some strange e-mail asking odd
questions. i simply just dont answer
------------------
I fell down the hill and
kept rolling!!
Peace
Timbo:)

i assume they are, hence no references in my posts to buying and selling. i don't buy or sell anyways, are the authorities going to stake me out and bust someone who uses once a month? Fer sure. If you want to look at something that's more worthy of being watched, check out the Hive.

Fie on cookies! I turn them off, and then go in and turn them on again only when a site that I trust absolutely requires it...
Enerbunny, plus anyone else who cares... Speaking of being watched, have you ever heard of the trojun virus Back Oriface? I accidently got infected with that about six months ago, hadda go thru ridiculous steps to get it off again... It's scary! Anybody with the back oriface program can not only see every file on your computer, they actually have access to DO stuff on your computer without your permission or knowledge! Even activate excecutible files, make changes.. with the appropriate plug-in even take over the mouse!! It makes you totally vulnerable... The evilest part was when they used it to get in my address book, get my mom's email addy, and then email her saying how pretty her daughter was (he saw stored pix of me on my computer) and all this nasty stuff they'd like to do... She was FREAKED coz she is very internet-paranoid as-is. This other time I was minding my own business and suddenly this .wav file hollers at high volume for no reason, "I HAVE SUMMONED YOU HEAR FOR A PURPOSE!!" Hehe, I can laugh bout it now coz it's kinda funny, but at the time it scairt the fuck outta me! You really gotta watch out, there are some malicious people online.
Okay done rambling now, back to yer regularly scheduled XTC discussion.
smile.gif

~*~ Ashke ~*~

Companies do indeed give away free comps and dial up access to use in marketing schemes - no surprise there.
There's some Perl scripts that can track wherever you link after you hit a site unbeknowning to the user.
I worked for an ISP with a guy who did computers for the army for several years and his comment on the possiblity of logging every keystoke: "don't laugh, you'd be surprised what big brother can do."
I was getting some irritating pings from a server I had no dial up access to, yet every time I transmit or recieve data their mutherfucking IP address kept popping up, so I sent my firewall log file to their administrator demanding to know exactly what the fuck was going on; it stopped soon after that.
For the eccentrically paranoid: get a cd burner, back up your system, reformat your HD every month and reinstall your software (hey you need something to do when you're 8up)
Rule of thumb for cookies: if you do any type of online purchasing with a credit card, delete cookies.txt before proceeding with any transactions. Don't go surfing to sites that use cookies before you order, go straight to it, do your business, then delete your cookies.txt file again, close browser, and you're good to go.
------------------
Brock
"My reality check bounced."

I think my faviorte line from a movie is this: Just because your paranoid, that doesn't mean there isn't someone REALLY watching you.....OooooOooooo
------------------
J
"......I'm so funny I have people rolling in the isles"!

Ashke: yeah back orifice is a hacking tool that takes advantage of security holes in the windows operating system... it's not really a virus, more like a set of lockpicks for a very cheap lock
smile.gif
... so, on the topic of big brother, if you want to know why microsoft built in the ability to take control of your computer remotely, why don't you ask them?
smile.gif
although good luck getting any sort of answer... officially things like that are called "unannounced features" or even better ones are "unplanned features" ..
much love
DC
------------------
"the old dogs have got a new trick
it's called criminalize the symptoms
while you spread the disease"
-ani difranco-