• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Is using suboxone to kick poppy seed tea possible? my wd is weird atm

Acid.Burn

Greenlighter
In January, 2015, I got addicted to opiates again (Dilaudids, HMs) by injecting. By 2.5-3 weeks, I realized I was starting to get mild physical WD symptoms. My smartass thought it would be a good idea to quit injecting cold turkey and avoid withdrawal by replacing it with poppy seed tea using poppy seeds. It was fine at first as my tolerance to all the alkaloids were pretty low & I also loved that energizing/stimulating motivational nodding buzz, i don't know how to explain it but it's different from other opiates & functional.

So after succeeding on quitting injecting HMs by drinking tea, all I had to do was stop drinking the tea.. but I didn't.. I was taking a break from school, i had a ton of shit going on.. and i just didn't.. i fucked myself over and got hooked onto the tea, i noticed it when i hadn't drank it and i felt like i was going through WD. So I ended up fucking myself over, tapered down from HMs beautifully & wasting a SHIT ton of money. I don't remember when I got physically hooked or how long the days were i consecutively drank in a row self destructive/going through someshit/not thinking. I've been drinking it since January 2015. I don't remember when or how long i drank for consecutive days in a row but I think I've successfully tapered down my dose (even though it's impossible to measure your dose)

My WD situation is a little weird, nothing described on the net People claim to feel it right away, like within 24-48 hours till 2 weeks.
ATM, my tolerance is drinking over 2 litres under half an hour..... it's fuckin terrible, i don't even catch a buzz and sometimes i do get sick & puke from drinking it too fast but I have school. -_- It takes me an hour to make and at least drink, minimum. Such a hassle for a 110 pound girl at this point going through WD.

Weird thing is I don't start withdrawing right away, it'll start 4-5 days to start kicking in & i'll know it's coming too because i get extremely violent in my sleep, i'll start literally kicking/punching the person next to me & wake up with my nails dug into my face, my teeth biting down on my lips so hard they bleed, my jaw clenched so hard my teeth hurt. Too weak to make tea. By the time I wake up, the cold sweats & sharp goosebump shiveries have started. feels like knives going up my legs and arms as the tiny hairs pop up & i can feel every fuckin one of them. Unfortunately WD is worse since i take it orally & i know it'll last a while. I just don't know why it's so inconsistent. I do still shoot here & there but not ALL the days I don't drink tea. I'm asking if I can pretty much use Sub instead of shooting up and get clean at the same time.

TL;DR, my question is, well, i need advice on my detox plan, can i use suboxone to withdraw off PST? i know PST has 4 diff alkaloids so i'm not even sure if it'll even help. but it's better than nothing. I was thinking I stop drinking my tea, by day 5 i take 8 mg sublingly, then go from there. I don't plan on taking them everyday. Depending if WD persists, I might only take them when I go to school & suffer at home or take 8 mg sublingly every 3-5 days, just trying to go as long as I can until I'm really hurting and can't move.. I figure I need to delay the sub intake as much as I can without hurting as I know PST WD might be really long & since subs half life is 36 hours (?) this might be possible. Also, does it really get you sick when you use? So would taking Tylenol 1's (codeine 8mg) make me sick on Subs? So do you guys think this is an okay plan to combat being sick and possibly kicking the physical dependence? I won't even need to use subs that long I suspect, since WD takes so long to kick in. But I've never waited to see how long it'll last... It feels like cotton fever x 1000000000000000000000000 if what i think is cotton fever is right. SO WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK? yes. yes. i know, i should really learn my lesson on replacing another substance with another, especially reading the last paragraph. oh, sorry for this post being so long :S Thanks!

I only plan on taking it a maximum of 2-3 weeks NOT everyday, every 3-5 days, possibly more. I do have an unlimited supply to 2 mg clonazepam & xanax. I really don't know shit about subs, I need to do my research but taking T1's (with 8mg codeine) is probably not a good idea with them, huh? So, do you guys think this might work? Sucks, cuz PST is the best for dexedrine study binge crashes (prescribed), clonies (also prescribed) just don't cut it anymore even though I lowered my tolerance to 10 mg to 2 mg.

This is kinda irrelevant.. just background info, you don't have to read it.....

My body is weird, it's just always hurting. TBH, i suspect i never fully recovered from alcohol back in 2013, i continued to take benzos after that which fucks with my gaba receptors even though it binds with my gaba B receptors vs gaba A & i still drink occasionally as i had more of a binge drinking problem them drinking everyday plus mixing them with my benzos is asking for HELL ON EARTH WITHDRAWAL from my past kicking 15 mg clonazepam & alcohol at diff points of my life (I think they'll always impact my recovery time when i combine the 2 now), it's actually funny though, the only reason i started drinking everyday was cuz i had to quit 15 mg clonies cold turkey & had no other choice. I've already had 2 seizures which have resulted in a permanent fucked up shoulder. But my "hangovers" are seriously from hell, & taking my prescribed clonie dose cuz my symptoms will be SO bad, intense anxiety, restless legs, shaky hands, weird sweats. just an overall not good feeling..but the clonie + herb are perfect. I know my hangovers aren't even from me just getting old cuz i was 20 when i quit drinking everyday, and i turned 23 a week ago. Who knows, maybe it's not true though & something serious is actually going on but i keep blaming on this prolonged withdrawal? lol.

Last edited:
It sounds like you might be overanalyzing this, and need to go get help for your opiate addiction. Don't feel guilty or like you've done something wrong...we've all been there, and we're talking about the most addictive substance known to man. You'll probably find that people will be very sympathetic to your plight, and do whatever is possible to help you. Believe me, it's much, MUCH better than having to deal with a serious addiction all by yourself.

What really concerns me is your experimenting with benzos and alcohol on top of it. However brutal you think opiate withdrawal is, the absolute worst of it can't even begin to hold a candle to severe, chronic benzo withdrawal. Alcohol is also cross-tolerant with benzos - meaning it doesn't just have similar effects to clonazepam, xanax or anything else you might have, but is synergistic with it and combines to produce a worse withrawal than either on their own would produce. It's also an EXTREMELY DANGEROUS, DEADLY combination of drugs! You should NEVER combine any two CNS depressants, let alone 3. If you're only 110 pounds, your risk of OD is that much greater. I have had friends who were 220 - pound, fit males in the athletic and fitness prime of their lives - now dead. If you're escalating your dose of any one of these drugs, you're really playing with fire. PLEASE trust me, and just do what you know in your heart needs to be done anyway and go get help. You will feel so much better anyway, not having to deal with this on your own.

If you have an "unlimited" supply of clonazepam as you say, I really don't want to scare you...but based on your story, it sounds like it's only a matter of time before you end up in the ER. It's just not worth it...you will feel so much better if you can get clean, or go on subs/methadone.

Oh man, I should have given A LOT more background info. don't think I've been over analyzing it at all, i think you might have focused on the irrelevant paragraph a litle too much. I have a high tolerance & these doses are small to me. not to mention, i've converted liquor to coolers because i was getting annoyed of accidentally mixing the two (taking 4mg for school, having a couple of drinks with friends after class) lucukily, i only stopped at a couple unlike 3/4 of a 40. I've been going through HELL with addiction these past 3 years since my dad died, living in this fuckin abusive environment, trying to ACE my shit while trying to keep my sanity? seriously? i'm still not over my dads death & then i'm thrown into this fast paced demanding program? For someone who's been so mentally weak with an abusive family, no money to go anywhere, losing 40 pounds from stress, staying with an abusive ex boyfriend for a year who ALSO affected my education, getting addicted on and off on opiates, and doing crazy amounts of drugs i wouldn't usually do just so i wouldn't have to feel the pain of opiate withdrawal, lol. BUT FOR SOME REASON, I'M STILL HERE. I'M STILL IN THIS SCHOOL. if they find out about ANY of this, i'd get kicked out right away. i can't just go and get help for my addictions, ill have to do that on my own, rehab didnt' do shit for me but i can certainly go get help for my mental issues without looking sketchy to school.

but yeah i try not to drink on my benzos, i don't even take 10 mg anymore, that's a waste of many educational days of sober days...., lol, experimenting year was 2012, the year my dad died. please don't be concerned, if i find out i'm drinking, i'll try hours after my usual prescribed dose OR if i know before hand, ill only take half my prescribed dose (i seriously need it for social anxiety even if i'm drinking, i can't run into a room and just start chugging drinks cuz i'm anxious, instead i can drink a couple coolers and pace myself)

Regarding your I need help for my opiate addiction. Of course I do. I tried. I went to rehab before I started university. oh by the way you're right, the people there are EXTREMELy sympathetic & sweet, i've never felt so accepted before. for once, people wanted to talk to me like i actually had something interesting to say. it was amazing but it's not the real world. But Rehab did help me identify what might have been triggering me to use.. unfortunately having no money means i have to live in this abusive environment my dad left behind. until i get somewhere else to live, it seems my brain was just trying to numb the pain instead of fighting. trying to justify it that it was ok to use cuz i was drinking the tea instead of shooting it which was obviously wrong but sometimes .. you can't ignore that addiction voice.

I went to rehab WITH A CONCURRENT DISORDERS PROGRAM, i got pumped up full of pills and then 3 months later i left with the same & even MORE mental disorders than before. and my social anxiety was STILL there, which is why i started using in the first place. LOL, i got put on tramadol, pristiq, seroquel, zeldox, remeron, DEXEDRINE?!?!?! TWICE a fucken day, only me though for some weird reason.others got concerta & vyvanse. i've never taken that shit on an every day basis, i'm sure it's done enough damage to my brain, maybe that's why i always need a little to even get in the mood to to something productive. THANKS, REHAB. oh, did i forget? Rehab also introduced me to GABAPENTIN! Now see, I would have never found it if it wasn't for rehab. & it def was an interesting experience. I was EXTREMELY over medicated, probably because they considered me a high risk relapse. but my anxiety was still there. i still had to have my own little room to eat because my social anxiety was so severe. i mean, my eyes were always closing during lectures and it wasn't cuz of nodding and they KNEW that. everytime someone nodded off like that, they'd usually freak out. All that medication, it sucked the life out of me.. . I'm trying to get it back.

i got clean off alcohol and high benzo binges in 2013 before school. NOW I UNDERSTAND BENZOS ARE MY MEDICATIONS USED FOR MY SEVERE SOCIAL ANXIETY, not something to get high off. If i do mix it with alcohol, it's an accident & the nights end up ugly anyway. I ALWAYS have extra benzos left over at the end of my months prescription cuz i don't wanna be stuck without any just in case; plus now i can use them for detox so lucky me. my first priority is school when it should be my health. my mental health more specifically. more specifically what i've been trying to cover up with all these opiates.
So i got out. 2 months later started going to school. 1st day, and i experience the BIGGEST panic attack i've ever experienced in my life because of all the hoards of people. I QUIT ALL my medications THAT day, yes it was hell, it was worse than quitting 15 mg clonazepam cold turkey AND 120 mg oxycontin injection WITHDRAWAL COMBINED but there's nothing wrong with me. i don't need those meds and i was so much stronger back then. Plus, a lot stronger with that weight. -_- RIP to my hot body. Although it's making a come back. :) i told you, i'm trying to be healthy! :) been trying to work out, gained 13 pounds. I've been without antipsychotics & antidepressants ever since and i haven't gone through a crazy manic phase or anything. All i need is pot to control my VERY MILD SYMPTOMS that were actually caused by their meds in the first place. Unfortunately, I'm forced to take clonazepam every time i step out of house by my crippling anxiety but i try not to take it when I'm at home as i don't want my tolerance to grow / get addicted. It is quite unfortunate how much the choices i made when i was 19 was so reckless that every time i do have a harmless night out, it ends into short alcohol wd.

Anyways, man. I know what I need. The doctors don't because I've give them many years to tweak with my brain and it's ended in more drug use. Shit, it's what started it. Had to self-medicate all the anxiety & mania the anti depressants were causing. My point is i'm done experimenting. I'm not 19 anymore, i'm 23, I've grown up, I'm not living to die anymore, I know i have a chance, I just need enough money to get out of this abusive place. I stay at my boyfriends frequently & my substance abuse is quite low, not cuz of his mom but because i seriously generally don't feel as if i need them without the negativity & fear for my safety. i have a lot of problems. but i don't think mixing CNS cocktails are one of them as i take low doses for my tolerance. i take them responsibly, i know my body. i'm not some noob at this even if i choose to do so.. but i'm too busy with school nowadays.

I NEVER drink on opiates, i think its pointless, wouldn't that defeat the purpose of the nod? i got talked into that night, i don't usually take shots either. but yeah, it was like 3-4 hours later. if anything, i stick to just 2 CNS cocktails. I went too hard last year, i don't have the money for my fancy CNS cocktails but they are my favourite. Sometimes i'm surprised how i'm still alive as well. I was pretty reckless. People brag about high tolerances, fuck that, it's expensive as.. fuck... fortunately,my tolerance can handle that no matter what my weight. years of use overpower my little weight.

Anyways, that's not the point. The point is as of now I need to get over the WITHDRAWAL symptoms so I can take the next steps on my mental health. I've cancelled on my counselling appointment 8 times because every time i just happen to be sick that day or i'm stuck studying, do you know how frustrating it is? anyways, again, not the point. sorry, i'm really sleep deprived.. 50 hours in, study binge. I'm going to ask again.... Is it possible for me to NOT GET SICK off POPPYSEED WITHDRAWAL while taking SUBOXONE ONLY WHEN NEEDED & SHORTLY. I mentioned the unlimited benzos as in i have my anxiety in check.

Once my physical symptoms are in check, I'll finally have the energy to bus the 2 hours to my university to go to that counselling appointment to get help on my sick mind, thanks for your concern, Bomb319, but one step at a time, i don't want to overwhelm myself and give up. Thanks for the harm reduction tips though, i'm sure they'll come in handy for others that don't know. i use to be 135 pounds before school after rehab, unfortunately, my ex asshole of a psychiatrist switched me from dex to vyvanse even though i told him that was a bad idea which induced chronic insomnia & anorexia and i dipped below 99 pounds & he's still telling me i'm healthy. I got a new doctor after that. I plan on sobering up, it takes conquering this physical aspect first, mental after. I'll have to deal with my self-destructive demons another time.

BUT EVERYONE OUT THERE, seriously, i have a high tolerance, NO ONE SHOULD be taking the doses i do and drinking on them. i've gotten into some PRETTY dangerous and fuckd up situations, being a female. i hope someones reading this and takes this seriously. I shake my head when people don't consider it roofying yourself, of course it's roofying yourself. especially if you don't 'remember a damn thing from the night before. luckily that hasn't happen to me since february. :) i've been doing good on the binge drinking, i switched to coolers froM hard liquor, but jeez, Bomb319, if you were so concerned about my life & harm reduction, you should have pmed me so i wouldn't have to clog up my thread! ;)

Last edited:
I have a plan in place once I sober up, an uncorrupted psychiatrist, CBT, DBT, hoping maybe one day i won't have to take clonazepam just to live outside but that requires being sober first, which is what i'm inquiring about! :) according to my plan, i should be sober and sub free maximum a month, a month and a half if anything but i don't think i'll need that, i think i've done a pretty good job at tapering down my REALLY high tolerance PST if it takes so long for wd to hit me. It's not clonazepam wd, I know what that feels like. It's nothing like that. And why would I be WDing from benzos? I still take my prescribed dose when i go to school. I haven't drank alcohol in a while. Although you're right, I am pretty reckless with drug cocktails, my last one... DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME .. contained suboxone 8mg (1st time), 4-6 mg clonazepam (high tolerance sucks, but if i could go from 15 to 0.5 mg i can do it again! :)) .5 xanax, 2.5 shots of jack daniel and only ONE 7% cooler. Please don't be worried. Nights like these are rare. The clonazepams were taken in the morning, HOURS ago. and I waited hours later the sub when i started drinking. yes, i'm aware i'm reckless with my life sometimes, thanks for pointing that out, but i've been having a really hard time with life and i think it's time to get clean so i can get the help i need. which isn't more medication from big pharma. Sorry if this comes off as bitchy, I've just been up for so long and I think you misunderstood. Plus, I'm trying to get clean here so I DON'T shoot up.. cuz i still shoot up sometimes, maybe 1 every couple of weeks when i don't have tea before i got sub. so i'm just asking YOU GUYS if taking sub for short term will accomplish what i want which is making PST bearable.. i mean, does anyone know if it covers all the alkaloids THUS avoiding having to shoot up the days i'm too weak to make tea? thus, harm reduction. .... but will it also help with PST wd? i haven't been taking opiates regularly so i'm not physically addicted to them atm. just the tea.

ps - i mentioned my benzo and all my wd past just letting you guys know i have experience with high dose cold turkey withdrawal detoxes, i just can't afford to go through that much pain AT THE MOMENT because i'm already in a lot of shit at school and i don't want to get kicked out. if they even had the SLIGHTEST clue that i might be an addict, there goes my career and the debt i'll never be able to pay.

pss - my condolences for your friends though..

Last edited:
I have never been strung out on pods but all the people I have talked to here and at opiophile RIP said its the worst opiate kick out there. All those different opiates mixed together in the tea your basically coming off of Morphine, codeine and a couple other opiates at the same time. Suboxone should work but you have to be so careful when inducting not to put yourself into precip withdrawal. I also would be weary about a sub taper longer than 2 weeks. Trust me when I tell you that Sub withdrawal is rough and lasts for fucking ages.

I got strung out on Pod Tea for years. Shocking for a guy with my name, huh? 8)
But anyway, don't underestimate the efficiency of the analgesic "gold standard" and its admittedly lesser ilk.

I was addicted to poppy seed tea, then poppy pod tea for years, and I got off it using suboxone. It can be done, just make sure you're in full wd. I remember it took a few days to adjust to the subs, but then I felt fine. It doesn't matter about all those alkaloids, subs will work.