• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Is this new ADD med (Vyvanse) neurotoxic? my experience

Status
Not open for further replies.

NotReallySure

Greenlighter
Hello everyone, This topic has been talked about over and over but I'm seeking opinion from the advanced drug discussion of bluelight because I dont feel like asking anyone else...

I'm sure you're all familiar with Shires new add med -Vyvanse, which is supposedly the pro drug of Adderall but only contains d-amphetamine and l-lysine apposed to a mixture of amphetamine salts. My doctor convinced me to start this med after explaining its pro drug advantages -less side effects and less chance of being abused. This was my first major experience with amphetamines but I had used methylphenidate and adderall for a short periods before. My doc starts me off at 30mg, a small dose used to treat children but surprisingly enough the dose was extremely effective and I immediately noticed increased energy, concentration and sociability. But not only was this small dose effective, it was slightly euphoric...

I know your not supposed to chase euphoria with therapeutic add treatment but I was too distracted with how much this drug was helping me and the euphoric effects only lasted about an hour. I had to take myself off the medication after 8 months because of dangerous blood pressure spikes after eating lunch (blurry vision and headaches). Other than only two instances where I took two pills, I behaved normally on these meds- ate meals, exercised, got sufficient sleep and took breaks on weekends. I have no clue why vyvanse took a toll on me so bad.

After stopping the meds for 3 months I just don't feel the same as I did pre medication.
Symptoms-
Poor Memory
Worsened concentration
Horrible insomnia
Change in personality
Writing issues (especially handwriting)
Small stuttering problem

Could I have possibly damaged my dopamine receptors due to the mild euphoric experience while on this med? and also could this drug have been potentially cardiotoxic after all that high blood pressure? I know it is such a small dose but something doesn't feel right.

If Vyvanse was designed to be a more extended release of amphetamine I thought it would be much safer on neurotransmitters. All those studies on adderall being neurotoxic on rats and primates didn't bother me but this drug is new and different than most amphetamine medications. This could be wrong but I read on another forum that by the time the d amp from vyvanse gets into the bloodstream it might exceed the therapeutic properties of d amp and might be even more potent than adderall (like I said, I have no clue 8()

Im curious to know if any small irreversible damage was done by vyvanse. From the time off the meds ive been supplementing and exercising to potentially get myself back on track. Ive also been looking into nootropics but not sure which ones to buy.

If anyone knows anything about this, Im in desperate need of some opinions- sorry for any errors and thanks in advance

This topic has been talked about over and over but I'm seeking opinion from the advanced drug discussion of bluelight because I dont feel like asking anyone else...

Sorry, we're not going to open another thread just to cater to your specific experience.

This sounds like normal withdrawal from amphetamines. Vyvanase is no different from dexamphetamine - it is just a chemical time-release.

It is very unlikely you sustained any sort of permanent damage from such a low dose.

Status
Not open for further replies.