• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Is there anything for severe pain...

zagor

Bluelighter
If you have total tolerance to opoids and happen to need a surgery or something, is there anything they can give you for pain. I know they always give you morphine or or oxycodone but if it doesn't help how do they reduce the pain in a patient? I am on suboxone but I don't think it can help for pain much and I am also 100% opiate tolerant.

Yes, of course there is. I had a very large tolerance due to intravenous heroin addiction, and after all three of my open heart surgeries, they were able to manage the pain just fine. Intravenous fentanyl and ketamine for the first few days, you won't feel a thing, or even realize you're in a hospital bed in excruciating pain. Once they stop the intravenous ketamine, then the realization of the situation hits like a ton of bricks. I was on probably 10 separate pain medications, my third surgery I had a morphine pump, but the first 2 the main opioid was 25 mg oxycodone every 2 hours, sharp, 24 hours per day. There were 9 other pain medications, nerve blocks and muscle relaxers, as well, and by the 3rd day it didn't feel like a semi truck smashing into my chest at 100 mph every single breath I took.

It is unfortunate that you are on Suboxone in this particular situation but I understand why.

The first time I ceased Suboxone I could not feel any opiate-related particle for an entire week. The following times I could feel it almost fully after two days of cessation.. So the built-in opiate blocker that comes with Suboxone does diminish faster and faster in the future in my experience. I'm sure a doctor could help you better with this. Many patients have faced the same issue. Please don't quote me on this: But I think fentynal is one of the few opioids that can break through the Suboxone barrier itself. (I could be wrong and do not want to be responsible for anyone getting hurt).

I wouldn't recommend any acts of desperation trying to break through the barrier to get some pain relief.