• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Is Purdue Pharmaceuticals still producing oxycontin?

Just wondering. I heard they were granted immunity from future opioid-related lawsuits.
They're in Bankruptcy right now and if restructuring is successful then they'll re-emerge as "Knoa Pharma", but IDK if they still sell opiate pills. If it goes how Insys Pharmaceuticals did with Subsys fentanyl spray, then I doubt Purdue will continue to produce opiates. I did find that a court recently threw out protection against the Sacklers from getting sued, which could change a lot. https://www.reuters.com/business/ju...dues-sackler-family-opioid-claims-2021-12-17/

Saw this too, which says opioids:
Knoa will continue to operate, and “will manufacture products, including Betadine, Denokot, Colace, magnesium products, opioids and opioid-abatement medications, and oncology therapies."

Last edited:
They're in Bankruptcy right now and if restructuring is successful then they'll re-emerge as "Knoa Pharma", but IDK if they still sell opiate pills. If it goes how Insys Pharmaceuticals did with Subsys fentanyl spray, then I doubt Purdue will continue to produce opiates. I did find that a court recently threw out protection against the Sacklers from getting sued, which could change a lot. https://www.reuters.com/business/ju...dues-sackler-family-opioid-claims-2021-12-17/

Saw this too, which says opioids:
Knoa will continue to operate, and “will manufacture products, including Betadine, Denokot, Colace, magnesium products, opioids and opioid-abatement medications, and oncology therapies."

If they let them produce the rapid dissolve bupe sublingual tablets addicts will be getting raped again. First, these are perfect to inject, if they do not contain naloxone, which they didn’t originally and will be diverted. The information is unclear, but looks as if they still don’t contain naloxone. I would be surprised if that wasn’t an intention in their design as they were developed before Perdue started taking the heavy fire. Second they look like they will set the stage for bupe therapy to fall under the methadone model. That is requiring patients to present themselves daily to a clinic for their meds just like heading to a drug dealer. This restricts a person recovered lifestyle and puts them under control of the clinics and can force them to pay outlandish prices, like those currently charged for methadone.

They may just be a way to skip precipitated withdrawal, but why would they work and not traditional strips?

Sounds like typical Perdue lies and manipulation for profit. Their hands are so bloody at this point they might as well have the money.

All you good warriors!! With all this money getting awarded, We need to pay attention, track down and report where it actually ends up and how much ends up helping the victims of the opiate slaughter. Big priority and we need to stay on it and dig to follow it!!!!!

Last edited:
As electrum1 stated, Purdue has essentially been dissolved but the main investors will likely rebrand and enter the market again.

Perhaps not Oxycontin in the same formulation but they likely will still produce at least a few other opioids, maybe even oxycodone in another formulation.

Opioid production ain’t ever gonna stop (whether licit or illicit). I say let some trustworthy folks produce it for over the counter sale to all. But that’s of course easier said than done

Last edited:
As electrum1 stated, Purdue has essentially been dissolved but the main investors will likely rebrand and enter the market again.

Perhaps not Oxycontin in the same formulation but they likely will still produce at least a few other opioids, maybe even oxycodone in another formulation.

Opioid production ain’t ever gonna stop (whether licit or illicit). I say let some trustworthy folks produce it for over the counter sale to all. But that’s of course easier said than done
I agree with your last statement. I've always been in favor of treating drugs like alcohol. Nothing can stop a determined addict when we want our fix. Might as well treat it like booze or cigs for legal adult use. If people misuse it, that's on them. At least this way people might not resort to crime or prostitution if it was readily available, safely manufactured, and if its usage was not treated like an immoral crime. It still blows my mind that pedophiles get a slap on the wrist for harming children but an addict who makes a personal choice gets treated as if they committed a sin just as bad as murder.