• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Is Media Less Psychological In Nature Than The Early 90's?

I agree with a lot of people but here's another analogy. Compare, totally seriously, "Pete and pete" with "iCarly."

I just came accross something interesting and it made me wonder.

"We are sending you help now in the form of a new leader. You will be hearing of his presence shortly, and I know you will be delighted with his Light, his power, and intelligence. He is a Son of God, sent directly to you as a walk-in to assist you at this time in preparing the world for the return of our beloved Sananda, the one you knew as Jesus in his lifetime here. He is eager to walk among you again, and will do so as soon as the conditions on the surface permit."

I mean, I wonder who this figure could be, and if we'll see him. I see Barack Obama as very enlightened, and I heard the new pope was a walk-in, but it seems to be something more than that.

Modern media is completely and deliberately focused upon materialism. The methods used have been refined to almost transparency, and are designed to create psychological cravings on subliminal levels of consciousness. This was of course always the goal, it is only recently that enough polish and layers of obscurity have been applied for them to become truly effective.

In fact, people are more awake in all ways than ever. The level of education is very high and the mental power is returning to the people. Those pulling the strings are well aware of this and if it seems more in your face it's because they're just teasing and playing with us.
IDK whether I agree with that or not, I tend to think, as a society, we are 'more dumb' now that at any other time in history, just look at how we are bombarded with advertising and the type of advertising, they speak to us like we are 3 yr olds LOL, this tells me, 'they' consider majority of people to be fairly stupid and feel they have use 'little words' and repeat over and over so we can understand it.

If you watch local news, they speak to us like this too, its fairly annoying to me.

Plus, look at young kids today, IMO, they are much 'dumber' than previous generations, school testing proves this as well, I dont why this is, but can only imagine what kids/ people will be like in another 10-20 yrs!

School testing is standardized and the standards are increasing as we - as a society - learn ever more and have more to teach the next generation.
It's an illusion that this generation is less intelligent than previous generations. School testing proves no such thing.

Stupidity based on the dwindling linguistic skills of internet users such as yourself, is also an illusion.
Generations past might look at your use of commas or abbreviated terms and make erroneous conclusions about your IQ.
But that is just one generation failing to see beyond the limitations of their own culture.

We're all stupid, culturally and socially.

When I watch films made in the 1930s and 1940s I can feel my brain cells dying.
You mentioned advertising, which is a strange example.
Advertising from the early 20th century is crazy.

There are quite a lot of fields that are progressing so rapidly that the entire syllabus changes more than once every generation.
Mathematicians who studied in the 70s/80s had it easy. (I've compared the current textbooks to generations past.)

School testing is standardized and the standards are increasing as we - as a society - learn ever more and have more to teach the next generation.
It's an illusion that this generation is less intelligent than previous generations. School testing proves no such thing.

Stupidity based on the dwindling linguistic skills of internet users such as yourself, is also an illusion.
Generations past might look at your use of commas or abbreviated terms and make erroneous conclusions about your IQ.
But that is just one generation failing to see beyond the limitations of their own culture.

We're all stupid, culturally and socially.

When I watch films made in the 1930s and 1940s I can feel my brain cells dying.
You mentioned advertising, which is a strange example.
Advertising from the early 20th century is crazy.

There are quite a lot of fields that are progressing so rapidly that the entire syllabus changes more than once every generation.
Mathematicians who studied in the 70s/80s had it easy. (I've compared the current textbooks to generations past.)
I see what you are saying, and have to agree, somewhat anyway...( I do use too many commas LOL)

Advertising in past generations alot of times was just making false claims about products and hoping the public would believe it and buy them, well, not too much has changed in that regard, still alot of companies trying to peddle their crap, which more often than not, does not meet the claims made in the advertising and still the public continues to believe it and buy the shit...same thing happening over and over, makes no difference what year it is.

I will admit, I do not have hardly any contact with the kids of today, only around a 5 yr old girl from one of my friends on a consistent basis, and she is definitely not the brightest lightbulb in the pack! From kids I see in public or hear people I know talking about them, to seeing how they are depicted in shows and movies, I still dont think todays kids are that bright. To me seems like we are going downhill from past generations as kids today just dont seem to have the common sense of kids from the 50s, 60s, 70s, and maybe 80s. Just some of the things Ive heard more than a few of them say or do really amazes me, of course I dont know if they even realize what their saying/doing, or if its real or fake to them.

Im jealous of kids today though, if we had the internet growing up, I know for a fact I would have been on that as much as possible, learning as much as possible about things that interested me, and my life may have turned out different than it did. Of course, I also realize when todays kindergartners are graduating college they will likely be looking back at this time period (2015) and get a good laugh at the 'old days', laughing at the 'internet' we thought was soooo great, Im sure they will have something similar by then,but probably much better, kind of like how people today look back and laugh at some of the goofy things people had and used in the 70s, 80s, 90s...I hear so many people making jokes about this single late 90s computer monitor we have at work, same thing will happen 20 yrs from now!

I can't really be bothered to invest in what the Elites of the world are getting upto, although I know there are such people, and have seen many examples of them in the elite environment in my small city.

My maternal grandfather was also born into this wealthy evnironment and grew up among these people. He just didn't have any interest in getting involved and rejected to join the Freemasons, etc. (mostly wanted for his coorporate banking connections). But he was a very good man, very holy, and if it he could manage to live in the middle of all of that I can't see why others shouldn't be able to manage it.

I haven't done much research into this, as I find it mostly sensationalist, and it's so hard to separate the truths from the untruths. What I'm a bit more perceptive to is the information coming through from spiritual channelers which seem to be on a higher level, and get it from the horses mouth so to speak, or the higher spiritual dimensions.

This was also a good channeling relating to these things:

http://lightworkers.org/channeling/209876/salusa-23-january-2015