View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Is LSD worth trying?

HighlyBaked

Greenlighter
I plan on taking LSD in the future and I wanted to hear some experiences people have had with it and if its worth taking.

I second that. I feel everyone should trip at least once a year in order to integrate their experiences, good or bad, over the previous year.

The question in of it self is too vague to be answered correctly. I can give my opinion on the issue, LSD and myself were practicially made for one another. The only thing i have not done on 5 hits of L is go to work and thats largely because my job and long and boring and its not that i cant do it but i would not want to.

However, I find that I am on a different spectrum then most when it comes to L, in fact one of the best things I ever did was write a paper for art class on L that really captured the beauty of this sculpture I had to write about. Usually i am terrible at writing but I was able to be way more creative. I use to do chemistry homework on it but that wasnt as amazing as the fact I got a B on the paper i wrote on L. Most people are amazed I can focus enough to text or read as they cant but it effects everyone differently.

I would start low, i have seen several people lose their minds taking 3 or 4 hits not knowing if they can handle it. You do not want to wake up 6 hours later with people recanting how you went on a spree and have charges now, yes it can and does happen. If used safely i think it is a great substance i would go as far as to say its my favorite ever. Maybe not the most pleasurable maybe not the most relaxing or easy but it encompasses everything i want in a psychedelic while leaving me intact so i can function in society. My experiences may not be average but they are why I love LSD. Its not for everyone but it was created for me!

Just make sure you're with someone else that's on the same wavelength...

I know the times I tripped by myself, well, they were really deep introspective trips. But I always found it so much more enjoyable to have someone to share the experience with, talk to, go on adventures with, even if that adventure was just taking a few steps down the sidewalk...

Hell yes! I would love to be able to get my hands on some really good Acid but the stuff around here lately is to weak to be worth it really. It's less visual then shrooms and less people seem to have bad trips on it as it is easier to handle for most people. Personally i like shrooms better as they are more intense, i love the visuals and it has a much more manageable length of duration of about 6 hours as opposed to up to 12 for LSD. It's also much easier to sleep after coming down off shrooms as opposed to LSD.

Make sure you have a trip sitter with you just in case you do freak out or something. If you are trying a new psychedelic never trip alone. That is the golden rule pretty much.

also be sure you don't have anything important to do the next day - you want your mind to be as clear and stress-free as possible.

other than that, LSD is totally worth trying :D

DMT, LSD, high dose ketamine and perhaps 4acoDMT 4hoMET combo are the only drugs worth trying. The word drug have even too much bad connotation for these one.
MDMA is great too but in VERY moderation like 1 time 1 year.

Rest : garbage.

Problem is that when you begin to take LSD, you think why not trying X or Y and you eventually end up fucking your life with heroin or speed/meth, drug take over your hobbies and hope, then at 50 you are nothing other than a repented druggie despite all rationnalisation you have tried to make, stuff like "responsible drug use" and other garbage.

Source : me, as a potential "talented" musician (I don't give a fuck being talented, but was giving a fuck about my relation to music wich have been wasted by use), I have wasted his life and have no future anymore aside trying to be somewhat normal craving every single drugs existing on earth, multiple time HP, psy problem, etc.

Last edited:
I plan on taking LSD in the future and I wanted to hear some experiences people have had with it and if its worth taking.
Just keep in mind that it can open doors, some of which should remain unopened in some people.. Once opened, there is no closing them.

Some people can handle it pretty well, some end up pretty fucked. There are stories how 'only those with predisposition for schizophrenia or similar can suffer from permanent damage/consequences.', but who can tell? Never heard anything has been proven in that regard.

Lot of people just have fun on acid. My cousin was taking 2 a pieces per day for maybe a month, and driving a bike while on it was perfectly fine for him. I knew a guy who had only two trips. First, the 'best' (at least craziest and funniest) experience of his life, with lot of adventurous stories about it, the second one he literally barely survived, he claims ( was close to commit suicide.). What happened the second time? Nothing. Was he depressed? No. He said he hated all people that much that he wanted to kill him self (Makes no sense? Welcome to the LSD world.). Anyway the acid is not an option for him anymore, not even close.
I know lot of people who used acid, felt 'something' great, they felt 'smart', but I would stress that they really only felt.
People talk about 'options' you normally don't see, and whatever, the truth is you play with your brain like with no other common, street drug, painkiller, coke and such. Logic stops existing on LSD, or at least it can stop existing.

You already heard that on LSD, and lot of other well known hallucinogen (I tried shrooms), you can taste, or hear colors, hear smell, I would add you can, for example, feel perfectly nice on a spooky place, while being afraid of a normal bag, or a bottle (When you are perfectly aware of that what they are.), and you can appear to you that you have sooo many options on a market table with fruits, or cheap toys.

If you are looking for adventure, you might get one, or you might end up totally fucked. If you are looking for a kind of a revelation, or a way to elevate yourself spiritually, forget about it.

If you have time, and want to hear a nice talk about brain, from an expert who describes her stroke, you will maybe find that lot of LSD stories sound very similar to having a stroke.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UyyjU8fzEYU

Taking LSD is playing with ones brain, and personality, on a level I would rather try to avoid. Take it only if you have a reason to believe (Like opinion of experts) it could help you, and you are in a situation where you really, really, need help, badly, so much that you are ready to take risk of going insane. In my case I can imagine some kind of heavy depression or similar, where nothing else worked, could make me do it...

"Is LSD worth trying?"

Well, yes is a very worthwhile material but it can also be very stressful and sometimes harms mental health. On the other hand, using LSD even once is likely to open up the user's mind to some extent. For some users, a closeness to God is achieved through the difficult lessons LSD can teach us in the form of truth revelations about ourselves and our lives.

Ultimately, it really depends on what path you want to take (do you want to work for the Federal government or be a judge someday? Taking LSD is probably not in your best interests then). Do you want to become a candy raver or psychedelic neo-hippie or beat poet? LSD may be for you.

Either way, whether to LSD or not, even once, is a big decision to make and should not be taken lightly. LSD can be a powerful psychological tool but it can also cut the psyche like a knife and make burnouts (which is usually a temporary condition, thankfully). LSD is definitely not a toy, and taking it even once will likely change you for quite some time.

Problem is that when you begin to take LSD, you think why not trying X or Y and you eventually end up fucking your life with heroin or speed/meth, drug take over your hobbies and hope, then at 50 you are nothing other than a repented druggie despite all rationnalisation you have tried to make, stuff like "responsible drug use" and other garbage.

Source : me, as a potential "talented" musician (I don't give a fuck being talented, but was giving a fuck about my relation to music wich have been wasted by use), I have wasted his life and have no future anymore aside trying to be somewhat normal craving every single drugs existing on earth, multiple time HP, psy problem, etc.

If anything the LSD has given me the insight I deperately needed to move past drugs like that, so I would say it had the very oppisite effect on me. Also interesting fact the founder of AA also found it as a usefuk tool to combat addiction. I feel that you were already open to taking those drugs, the lsd just solidified it. I could he wrong, but personally I have only felt urge to explore pychedelics futher after tripping and I even use those sparingly. If anything my pyche use has helped curb my other drug use, and alsoinprores me to use pyches in a sacremental fashion instead of tripping balls several times a year

Taking LSD is playing with ones brain, and personality, on a level I would rather try to avoid. Take it only if you have a reason to believe (Like opinion of experts) it could help you, and you are in a situation where you really, really, need help, badly, so much that you are ready to take risk of going insane. In my case I can imagine some kind of heavy depression or similar, where nothing else worked, could make me do it...
All drugs are playing with your brain. While I may risk a temporary mental break on lsd, it is far outweighed by the changes in brainchemistry(sometimes long term that come from other drugs). I feel like I have done much more damage to my mental and emotion health with things like benzos/opiates/stims. As they have caused me temoorary mental breaks as well as long lasting depression and deprsonalization from these drugs. I felt so far away from human using "anti-pychotics" it isn't funny. Funny enough the introduction of LSD helped me cast away those useless compounds which only caused me anguish and shame in the long run. LSD helped me to steer away from the constant paranoia that came with using those drugs long. If you ask me, lsd is much less of a gamble than other drugs. While it isn't for everyone, and some people may experience mental issues due to it's usage it isn't going take your life from you and turn you into sub-human whose soul purpose in life is getting that script filled. While those who may have underlying issues may be at risk for devolping mental issues using lsd, I think EVERYONE who uses benzos is at risk for this for this after so long using them.

If anything the LSD has given me the insight I deperately needed to move past drugs like that, so I would say it had the very oppisite effect on me. Also interesting fact the founder of AA also found it as a usefuk tool to combat addiction. I feel that you were already open to taking those drugs, the lsd just solidified it. I could he wrong, but personally I have only felt urge to explore pychedelics futher after tripping and I even use those sparingly. If anything my pyche use has helped curb my other drug use, and alsoinprores me to use pyches in a sacremental fashion instead of tripping balls several times a year

Same. LSD is the top notch stuff wich make you think about your addiction, life, potential, universe, harmony, spirituality, etc. I take LSD.
Aside that if Im not lying to myself I'm currently withdrawaling 4 day on from 3mg subutex (with help of O-PCE) for the second time (2* heroin and 2*codein before that), and will probably take speed in order to be able to work quickly after the "end" of the withdrawal.
LSD is a drug like other ones. It's easy to think that after a trip, a line of speed is nothing.

My post about my first LSD trip
http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/776296-First-LSD-trip-experience-(long-and-detailed)

The good thing about LSD is that you can start small, you don't have to go all the way through the rabbit hole. Start with a low dose, get the visual effects, it will alleviate most of your concerns about it, or augment them in a way that will clearly show you this isn't for you.

If you want a quick answer - yes, it's worth trying. It's a unique experience and I recommend it.