• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Lysergamides Is it Right to think of LSD as Technology?

Is LSD a form of technology ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Attended some Heidegger class at the Philosophy Faculty, that guy was all about technology.
Read this:
http://www.regent.edu/acad/schcom/rojc/mdic/martin1.html

I think technology really envelops a lot and LSD is definitely included in it, an artificial thing working in concert with humans towards some transformation.
Just because it doesn't have any gears or engine we are aware of doesn't mean it's not technological.

Technology no question. It doesn't exist in nature, if it did I'd consider it a discovery

^ thats precisely the question of this thread! Rather, the question is: does LSD fall into the extension of the term technology?

if by just semantics you mean are we trying to better understand the meaning of the terms we are using, then yes it is 'just semantics'

however, people say this 'just semantics' term in a condescending way as if the project of better understanding our terms is meaningless academic gibberish. Its not.

It is 'just semantics' in that the question has more to do with the term 'technology' than with what LSD is or isn't. We're drawing a line in the sand and asking if something is inside of it.

LSD and psychedelics are deffinately technology, they allow acces to parts of the brain that would not normally be possible. lately (typically durring my trips) I have been stuck on the fact that we as mn kind may be able to attain certain states of mind such as the possibility to communicate telepathically or possibly even manipulating objects around you without physical contact due to using chemicals to stimulate areas of the brain that are not typically possible. Then by being ble to do so through the ceation of a chemical, LSD is deffinately "Technology".

LSD is a lot of things.

Brap.

In regard to LSD as technology, if technology is the application of knowledge, it certainly is not so much as 2C-B, 5-MeO-DIPT etc etc which are chemicals specifically developed for their psychoactive effects. LSD was of course developed as a possible medical drug with totally different applications.

Therefore, its use as a psychedelic has more in common with other accidentally discovered substances - ayahuasca, mushrooms etc.

I would have to consider LSD a technology. Mainly for the reason that it is not found in nature on its own, it must be synthesized.

LSD is synthesized by man, and in doing so we apply our scientific knowledge to a definite purpose (illumination of the psyche). Technology without a doubt.

I also find the implications that arise from a revelatory LSD experience interesting - because of the guidance, revelation, and even sheer joy I've received from the drug, I'm now principally dedicated to supporting human technological development.