• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Is it reasonable for me to try Heroin?

No current or ex heroin user is ever going to tell you that its a good idea to use heroin.

I know it's said that you should learn from your mistakes, but in this case, you need to learn from everyone else's mistakes.

Not reasonable at all mate...
So true i said its a great thing at first but once hooked its a cunt

PLEASE DONT DO H, I haven't and oxy is just fine for me... don't make the cross over dude. Unless your in sever pain and NEED IT as you are our of anything and cant function without pain management.. then we are talking about something different then you wanting to try a drug that is KNOWN to ruin lives etc
No judgement to people who use H..I have been have been greatly tempted and where I am its real and cheap, close to middle Eastern countries you get real good vinegary H.
To be clear: I have no intention of trying heroin (or fentanyl, which is what "heroin" mostly is here).

I've IVed hydromorphone in the past and I could take it or leave it. I was addicted to oxycodone (my favorite opioid) for several years until it just got too expensive to maintain my habit. I'm on kratom now and I'm OK with it. I don't IV anything anymore-- I'm too old for that shit and my veins are mostly shot anyway (primarily from an IV cocaine addiction many years ago).

of course, because they're junkies and went off the rails with it. Same as every alkie will tell you never to touch a single drop because drink is the devil.
I'm an alcoholic and and I'd never tell a nonalcoholic that they shouldn't drink. Why would I? Alcohol doesn't cause problems for most people. The only alcoholics I've ever met that would do that are the "Born Again Christian" types-- and they seem to think that any source of pleasure is evil.

PS-- Frankly I'd never tell an alcoholic that they shouldn't drink, either. Who am I to tell someone else what they should or shouldn't do?

It's said like that, and it refers to the moon appearing bluish in colour which happens occasionally due to a specific concentration of dust particles in the atmosphere, but is rare. Hence 'once in a blue moon' = exceedingly uncommon.
I thought it refered to the 2nd full moon of a calendar month or something.

The amount of pain opiates lead you you isn’t justified unless you will killsyouself from non opiated physical pain

I prefer this forum over reddit's echo chamber of ignorance and fear mongering.

I only have experience with Kratom and Tapentadol, using the latter for a total of 15-20 times. I never particularly liked the high, it was just something OK to feel when I was looking for a downer type of high.
I personally know 2 opiate fiend people who have experience with the well known opiates. One of them actually stole tapentadols from me (In fact I had 40 pills of which she consumed around 25 because lack of self control, I didn't care for it though), the other person claimed the high is extremely similar to oxy, although way more dirtier and way shorter.

Based on their behaviors, descriptions, and based on how I used the same substance without understanding the hype, it seems to me that I don't belong into the group of people who enjoy opiates a lot.

My reasoning for wanting to try heroin is mostly because of a slight overusage of Benzodiazepines and other GABA drugs (usually combined with stims)
My GABA system seems a bit fucked, I have bad insomnia and anxiety in general, however I still need something to rarely take the edge off (I never abused GABA drugs, never took them daily yet they still turned on me and I feel moderate withdrawals).

Do you think it is a reasonable expectation to buy a small amount of Heroin, and use it in a benzo-manner, whenever coming down from stims or having an especially bad night of insomnia?
I’m not gonna say use or don’t use (I am a heroin addict in recovery), but I do regret everyone I’ve turned on to heroin. If you do try it, please
Smoke it instead of shooting it. Yes, the rush is not as intense, but it’s a lot safer. I have come into contact with a lot of H in my area that has been laced with fet, and I totally would’ve died if I had used the needle. Use a test strip first. And something to think about…with my body, H actually gives me stim effects. Your body may do the same thing. So if you want to use it for benzo-like effects, it might do the opposite. The H nowadays in my area is hardly passable at real H, so the effects vary. Not a clean, relaxing rush like pharmaceutical opioid pills. I would stay up sometimes for days on it because my body reacts differently. Still feels good, but I miss the relaxing effects it used to have on me.

but I do regret everyone I’ve turned on to heroin.
If you don’t mind me asking was most of those people already having drug problems prior to that or real problems started after they tried heroin? Were they actively seeking heroin when you turned them on?

The amount of pain opiates lead you you isn’t justified unless you will killsyouself from non opiated physical pain
I'm sorry if that's how it turned out for you. But do not generalize from your own personal experience.

Opiates kept me from killing myself outright, that's the main reason I used them compulsively at one point. Both before and after that time, recreational use of opiates genuinely enhanced my enjoyment of life. I also have quite a number of moderate opiate users among both my acquaintances AND my study subjects whose trajectory absolutely DOESN'T match the 'do opiates and fuck your life' scenario.

I prefer this forum over reddit's echo chamber of ignorance and fear mongering.

I only have experience with Kratom and Tapentadol, using the latter for a total of 15-20 times. I never particularly liked the high, it was just something OK to feel when I was looking for a downer type of high.
I personally know 2 opiate fiend people who have experience with the well known opiates. One of them actually stole tapentadols from me (In fact I had 40 pills of which she consumed around 25 because lack of self control, I didn't care for it though), the other person claimed the high is extremely similar to oxy, although way more dirtier and way shorter.

Based on their behaviors, descriptions, and based on how I used the same substance without understanding the hype, it seems to me that I don't belong into the group of people who enjoy opiates a lot.

My reasoning for wanting to try heroin is mostly because of a slight overusage of Benzodiazepines and other GABA drugs (usually combined with stims)
My GABA system seems a bit fucked, I have bad insomnia and anxiety in general, however I still need something to rarely take the edge off (I never abused GABA drugs, never took them daily yet they still turned on me and I feel moderate withdrawals).

Do you think it is a reasonable expectation to buy a small amount of Heroin, and use it in a benzo-manner, whenever coming down from stims or having an especially bad night of insomnia?
I am a recovering heroin addict. I was addicted for 3yrs to it. I started out snorting street ready then graduated to giving myself injections like you’d get from the doctor. Honestly I wasn’t addicted to it yet so I thought I would be fine…definitely was not. I eventually decided to try IVing black tar heroin and let me just say that before all of it was in my vein it hit HARD and my very first thought was shit I’m fucked because I knew I was instantly addicted to the needle!
I DO NOT let me repeat DO NOT ADVISE EVEN TRYING HERION! Herion is a very different drug that you literally can get addicted to instantly. You might think you can use only it on occasion but I am here to tell you that you will be deceiving yourself because heroin WILL take EVERYTHING from you!
It may not happen right away but mark my words IT WILL TAKE EVERYTHING!
Once you start stopping is almost literally impossible without help. You will soon find that after using for so long that you CANT stop because if you do you will go through SEVERE withdrawal and be dope sick! I highly suggest that you don’t use unless you want to ruin your life.
It took me 3yrs of losing EVERYTHING including relationships with my family to finally seek help.
I went to rehab but relapsed 30 days after being clean so I went back to rehab and was clean for less than 30 days before I relapsed again but I never got the chance to go back to rehab because after using for two weeks I contracted THREE extremely serious SPINE INFECTIONS!
I almost died from them. I spent 3 months on a PICC line antibiotics and living in a nursing home for me to finally realize that if I don’t stop I WILL die!
I’m now clean 2yrs!

Reasonable to try heroin?
Maybe back in the day when you could get
real heroin.

Now?
Forget it.

Fentanyl is a lousy high and extremely risky.
Not worth it.
All the fent i see is pressed into m30s, but i know it gets put in dope. i just dont buy that theyre putting it in meth and coke. they would have to charge more, and if anything the opioid will kill some of the upper high. Theres enough people that regularly use fent. that they dont have trouble selling it, especially with the extremely short duration. it truly is the crack of opiates.
speaking of crack.. here i gooooo!

I am a recovering heroin addict. I was addicted for 3yrs to it. I started out snorting street ready then graduated to giving myself injections like you’d get from the doctor. Honestly I wasn’t addicted to it yet so I thought I would be fine…definitely was not. I eventually decided to try IVing black tar heroin and let me just say that before all of it was in my vein it hit HARD and my very first thought was shit I’m fucked because I knew I was instantly addicted to the needle!
I DO NOT let me repeat DO NOT ADVISE EVEN TRYING HERION! Herion is a very different drug that you literally can get addicted to instantly. You might think you can use only it on occasion but I am here to tell you that you will be deceiving yourself because heroin WILL take EVERYTHING from you!
It may not happen right away but mark my words IT WILL TAKE EVERYTHING!
Once you start stopping is almost literally impossible without help. You will soon find that after using for so long that you CANT stop because if you do you will go through SEVERE withdrawal and be dope sick! I highly suggest that you don’t use unless you want to ruin your life.
It took me 3yrs of losing EVERYTHING including relationships with my family to finally seek help.
I went to rehab but relapsed 30 days after being clean so I went back to rehab and was clean for less than 30 days before I relapsed again but I never got the chance to go back to rehab because after using for two weeks I contracted THREE extremely serious SPINE INFECTIONS!
I almost died from them. I spent 3 months on a PICC line antibiotics and living in a nursing home for me to finally realize that if I don’t stop I WILL die!
I’m now clean 2yrs!
CONGRATS ON 2 YEARS. July 2nd will be my 2, but im cheating. methadone.

Obviously the answer is no, but if you have to why not just use Oxycodone? I've never done heroin, but I was told that the high is very close to a heroin high. Codein would be another possibility. Even though it is much weaker than Oxy I liked it more, but I don't like opiates / opiodes, so take this with a grain of salt.

All the fent i see is pressed into m30s, but i know it gets put in dope. i just dont buy that theyre putting it in meth and coke. they would have to charge more, and if anything the opioid will kill some of the upper high. Theres enough people that regularly use fent. that they dont have trouble selling it, especially with the extremely short duration. it truly is the crack of opiates.
speaking of crack.. here i gooooo!
I was buying heroin in a homeless encampment, and I met one meth addict who told me his was laced with fent, and he stopped using it immediately, and my dealer od’d twice because his coke/crack he was smoking was laced. Fent is actually extremely cheap, so I don’t think there would be a need to up-charge for laced stims. The lowest I’ve seen blues (pressed fake 30s) is $3 a pill, and my dealer was buying hundreds at a time for 25/75 cents a pill. So fent has to be cheap. The two instances I am talking about are only isolated in my experience, and I can’t generalize. But I have heard other stories about coke being laced though, and people ODing and dying.

I wouldnt advise it. Most/every member of this forum who ended up abusing heroin thus creating a whirlwind of trauma and sadness for themselves (including me), started off with a similar frame of mind... 'I wont abuse it', 'A little wont hurt', 'Okay, but only on the weekends'. Thats how it starts, but is never how it ends. Learn from your peers and put a stop to it before its even started. Before you know it your finances, relationships and spirit will have diminished, rattling outside the chemist waiting for your methadone fix wondering how you created this mess.

Sorry if this information sounds condescending, I'm just expressing myself from experience. Good luck.

The heroin is already the problem.

This is the most insidious self denial that I’ve ever seen. You’ve already deceived yourself.

Fuck no don’t do heroin. You just need to stop everything now while you still can.

Seriously. I’m trying to make you think. Reread everything you just typed. Then see how much logic you can find in it.

Does heroin still seem reasonable to you?? HEROIN

I wouldnt advise it. Most/every member of this forum who ended up abusing heroin thus creating a whirlwind of trauma and sadness for themselves (including me), started off with a similar frame of mind... 'I wont abuse it', 'A little wont hurt', 'Okay, but only on the weekends'. Thats how it starts, but is never how it ends. Learn from your peers and put a stop to it before its even started. Before you know it your finances, relationships and spirit will have diminished, rattling outside the chemist waiting for your methadone fix wondering how you created this mess.

Sorry if this information sounds condescending, I'm just expressing myself from experience. Good luck.
No offense taken, I definitely see where you are coming from. It's mind boggling to think what we as humans are capable of doing, as a means to escape and never have to face certain negative emotions
The heroin is already the problem.

This is the most insidious self denial that I’ve ever seen. You’ve already deceived yourself.

Fuck no don’t do heroin. You just need to stop everything now while you still can.

Seriously. I’m trying to make you think. Reread everything you just typed. Then see how much logic you can find in it.

Does heroin still seem reasonable to you?? HEROIN
You seem a little biased towards heroin, likely due to the nature of its mainstream media coverage.
I ended up trying it and personally found O-DSMT superior. And before you try to deny my statement and claim it was probably not heroin, it most likely was, since I am from Eastern Europe and none of the chinese RC opiates, or any fentalogue fit the pharmacology (and physical look) of the substance I got
I don't recommend obviously and don't take pride in not getting addicted. I feel as though inclination towards certain substance addiction is not really dependent on personal virtue, rather than genetics and other factors outside of your control.
Opiates are just not my type of ideal escape