• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Is it possible to extract Dexedrine I.R binders?

psychnauticmage

Bluelighter
Hello, I have about a years supply of Dexedrine I.R that I haven't used. It's getting cumbersome to keep all these pill bottles lying around. I'd estiminate I have about 9000mg of Dexedrine in 5MG I.R tablets.

I'd prefer to convert most of this to a powder free of binders. I do not mind if I lose say 30% of the product, I just want to end up with something clean and easy to store.

Does anyone know of a simple way to extract out most of the binders?

Considering you have a metric fuck ton of dexedrine, I'd avoid losing as much of the product as possible.
I am no chemist, so I would reccomend following this article's method to the dots on the i's.

Extraction of Amps Method
Thanks but I was hoping for a simplified method. I do not have the prequisite knowledge to parse the instructions on that page

Last edited:
I understand your concerns. I have written a method myself based on my knowledge in this field albeit not an expert knowledge.

Materials:

• 1800 dexedrine IR pills with binder (9g dextro-amphetamine)
  • Methanol (can be purchased at a hardware store or online)
  • Ethyl acetate (can be purchased at a hardware store or online)
  • Hydrochloric acid (can be purchased at a hardware store or online)
  • Sodium hydroxide (can be purchased at a hardware store or online)
  • Funnel
  • Filter paper
  • Separatory funnel or plastic pipettes
  • Glass beaker
  • Hot plate
  • Erlenmeyer flask
  • Evaporating dish
Steps:

1. Crush the 1800 dexedrine IR pills with binder into a fine powder.
  2. Mix the powder with 100 mL of methanol in a glass beaker.
  3. Add 10 mL of hydrochloric acid to the beaker and stir the mixture.
  4. Add 50 mL of ethyl acetate to the mixture and stir well.
  5. Separate the two layers by using a separatory funnel or by using a plastic pipette to transfer the top layer to a new container.
  6. Repeat step 5 until the top layer is clear and free of impurities.
  7. Transfer the top layer to an Erlenmeyer flask and evaporate the ethyl acetate under gentle heat on a hot plate.
  8. Once the ethyl acetate is evaporated, add 10 mL of sodium hydroxide solution to the flask and stir well.
  9. Filter the solution through a funnel with filter paper into an evaporating dish.
  10. Evaporate the solution under gentle heat on a hot plate until a solid residue is obtained.
  11. The solid residue obtained is the amphetamine.
I strongly strongly reccommend following this method as well as you can or you risk losing hundreds and hundreds of pills worth of dextroamp - which might seem fine now when you have fuck tons but you will live to regret it.

Reasoning for my method for any chemist's wanting to verify:
The binder in the pills is typically an insoluble material such as cellulose or starch that can be separated from the amphetamine by using a solvent that is selective for the amphetamine. Methanol is used as the initial solvent to dissolve the pills and extract the amphetamine. Hydrochloric acid is added to the mixture to convert the amphetamine to its hydrochloride salt, which is more soluble in organic solvents such as ethyl acetate. Ethyl acetate is added to the mixture to extract the amphetamine hydrochloride from the methanol solution.

The two solvents are immiscible, meaning they don't mix together. By shaking the mixture, the amphetamine hydrochloride will preferentially dissolve into the ethyl acetate layer, while the binder and other insoluble materials will remain in the methanol layer. This allows for the separation of the two layers and the isolation of the amphetamine hydrochloride.

Sodium hydroxide is added to the ethyl acetate layer to deprotonate the amphetamine hydrochloride, making it more soluble in water. This allows the amphetamine to be separated from the ethyl acetate and transferred to the aqueous layer. The aqueous layer is filtered to remove any solid impurities, and then the water is evaporated to obtain the amphetamine in its free base form.