View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Introducing Someone to LSD

InanimateEnigma

Greenlighter
Hello all, I have a brief question, and I'll provide a bit of background. I'm tossed between a few options.

I have experimented with drugs throughout my life, and find myself relatively knowledgeable and experienced with most of the core group, en lieu of a few I've yet to try.

I am interested in introducing a woman I have recently met to LSD. She tried MDMA with me and enjoyed herself immensely. I felt that MDMA was a soft, kind introduction into the world of drugs, as it has mild psychedelic effects, but ultimately provides a great time under nearly any regard. I'm considering how to show her LSD.

I recently took a five hit dose and had a dramatically profound, intense, and ultimately life-changing experience. Whereas, in the past I have taken one, and two hits, respectively. I can't say for sure how many μg's my hits are, but, I do have a highly reputable and consistent source, and the individual hits are very powerful.

I find that taking five hits was a much more honest account of the psychedelic experience's potential. Lower doses, such as one or two hits, that alter sense of time, and visuals, music perception, et cetera, can be profound, but I find there is much more intrusive anxiety and internal dialogue, whereas, with a higher dose such as five hits, I am so pulled beyond the normality of conditioning, that I find myself much less anxious, and more free, because I am more enveloped in the psychedelic experience, rather than simply touching it.

All of that being said, I am debating whether to take two hits each, with my friend, or, alternatively, to give her five hits, and I be a sober sitter.

I am a rather good sitter I believe, I am accommodating and understanding, and I must admit it would be interesting for me, in terms of intellectual curiosity, to observe an individual on the dosage that I found myself on not to long ago. Moreover, I truly believe it would likely be beneficial to be introduced to the world of LSD through a higher dose, in a safe, secure environment, with a guide such as myself, than to each take two hits and have the experience together. Also, I would feel more comfortable being sober while introducing someone to the substance, because, although I am a perfectly calm and well rounded individual under the influence of psychedelics, I could see myself potentially becoming unsettled while being locked into a trip with someone who is new to the substance.

I would like to hear others takes on the matter.

Specifically, I am interested in two points,

A. I, being present sober to guide, rather than tripping myself

and,

B. Providing my friend with a five hit introduction

I realize the high dose may be attested by some as too intense perhaps, but, frankly, I believe that a low dose of psychedelics is more dangerous than a high dose in the regard that anxiety tends to entirely melt away after the peak on a high dose, while on a low dose, there tends to be a bit of it throughout. Not too mention, the feeling of being "underwhelmed" in an altered state of mind, can be quite depressing, so to avoid that entirely, I believe in taking the route of more, rather than less, to an extent.

It is also worth noting that, in many cultures that utilize hallucinogens, they provide high doses with experienced gurus nearby, to guide the meditative and spiritual journey.

I'm open to all suggestions. Thanks a bundle, everyone.

tell us about her character, her history etc. that was all about you, to share this properly with her you need to make the story about her.
my first guess is probably NOT more than one. but I have no clue about what she does, what she likes, etc.
nothing to go on.

Definitely don't start out with 5. That's irresponsible because you never know if someone will take to psychs well, and a freakout on 100ug is several orders of magnitude easier to handle than a freakout on 500ug. And personally, I would have had no idea how to integrate such a high dose trip when I first started tripping (hell, I still have trouble integrating high dose trips). Societies that do high doses with gurus have a cultural framework that helps with integrating the trip after. Absent such a framework, it can be hard to do anything with such a trip, IMO.

I think 200ug is not an unreasonable amount for someone's first trip, provided set and setting are very good. Being sober is not a bad idea, although I'm more comfortable around people who are tripping when i'm tripping.

How well do you really know her and are you prepared to open up some hidden psychological issues if they exist?

I know that sounds a little extreme, but nothing puts a major buzz kill on 14 hrs like the woman you love losing her mind while you yourself are in no state to deal with it. There is a big difference between MDMA and a 12 hr lsd trip. Some people are just not trippers and there is nothing more confronting than finding this out the hard way.

Personally I'd plan to give her half a decent tab, keep your own dose sensible and do so in a safe place away from other people. Even a group of friends can turn into an ugly crowd so just an intimate gathering of 2 is perfect. No need to throw her to the wolves just because you enjoy that. Remember a beautiful first experience with a low dose guarantees many more beautiful nights at a higher dose.

After that enjoy the monkey-dragon hybrid sex

You are clearly intelligent but im concerned you entering very challenging waters dosing someone else, tripsitting their high dose. You actual interest in this rather than being purely supportive if this happened to occur is something you should consider reviewing.

Not saying nay, but seriously run a check on this logic.

I went out with this really oretty, but drug naive black girl in college. She loved MDMA. Then I gave her 5 hits of LSD for her first time. It was sadistic.

Hello all, I have a brief question, and I'll provide a bit of background. I'm tossed between a few options.

I would like to hear others takes on the matter.

Specifically, I am interested in two points,

A. I, being present sober to guide, rather than tripping myself

and,

B. Providing my friend with a five hit introduction

I realize the high dose may be attested by some as too intense perhaps, but, frankly, I believe that a low dose of psychedelics is more dangerous than a high dose in the regard that anxiety tends to entirely melt away after the peak on a high dose, while on a low dose, there tends to be a bit of it throughout. Not too mention, the feeling of being "underwhelmed" in an altered state of mind, can be quite depressing, so to avoid that entirely, I believe in taking the route of more, rather than less, to an extent.

It is also worth noting that, in many cultures that utilize hallucinogens, they provide high doses with experienced gurus nearby, to guide the meditative and spiritual journey.

I'm open to all suggestions. Thanks a bundle, everyone.

A. Being sober.
B. She can take lower dose and add more if needed during experience .

All of that being said, I am debating whether to take two hits each, with my friend, or, alternatively, to give her five hits, and I be a sober sitter.
No to both. Give her one dose.

I realize the high dose may be attested by some as too intense perhaps, but, frankly, I believe that a low dose of psychedelics is more dangerous than a high dose in the regard that anxiety tends to entirely melt away after the peak on a high dose, while on a low dose, there tends to be a bit of it throughout.
You are wrong. A low dose is not more dangerous than a high dose.

Not too mention, the feeling of being "underwhelmed" in an altered state of mind, can be quite depressing, so to avoid that entirely, I believe in taking the route of more, rather than less, to an extent.
I'm sorry to be blunt but this is a foolish and dangerous attitude. It is extremely unlikely that anyone will feel underwhelmed during their first LSD experience, even if they take just one dose. It is extremely risky to feed someone a large dose of LSD for their first trip.

They do not use LSD. If you think all hallucinogens are the same, then you are not as experienced as you think you are.