Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Intro and question

chubbyguts2015

Greenlighter
Hi All, just a quick hello and question. I am an older guy and always been interested in shrooms ect but never really had the opportunity to experiment . I came across a youtube vid today about DMT and how you can make traditional teas or brews out of certain plants ect for a " spiritual experience". As you know here in oz a lot of stuff is banned so started researching local plants ect that I could perhaps play with. The problem is there seems to be so much conflicting info out there. I have read a few threads on here but was wanting to see if anyone had any recommendations of plants that grow readily available in North Queensland and have sufficient DMT in them ? Any info would be appreciated.

Cheers

Hi , AFIK Northern Australia does not have much in the way of plants that contain DMT or the Harmala-type alkaloids . My thinking is that you might be better off purchasing the required herbs , sourcing them from within Australia rather than trying to import and deal with AQIS or Customs . I do not believe the cost would be very high , and might ensure success , because often the plants required are either low or devoid of DMT .
Then there is the hassle of ensuring correct species I.D , and it can be very confusing indeed .... etc , etc , .....

Nevertheless , this aspect of ethnobotany is fascinating and many folk really get into it in a big way - I am not attempting to discourage you , but simply warn you of the potential hassles .... truthfully , unless one knows what one is doing it is not as simple as gathering a few herbs and making a brew....

Many folk grow their own herbs , which can be sourced as seed , cuttings , or seedlings ; and where you live the growth is often very rapid , and before long they are rampant and in abundance . [ This is what I believe you should do ]
There are a couple of fine ethnobotanical nurseries in Australia with many domestic and foreign species - although I am not sure if I am permitted to name them here for you .

Also the Bluelight " Psychedelic Drugs " forum would certainly be worth checking out .

I also live in Nth Queensland - feel free to send me a PM , although I am not sure how helpful I might be able to be .

Luck .

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi There, thanks so much for your response. Very honest and full of useful info. Yes I think you are right about id'ing plants ect. I think it is a lot of hassle for a one off experience I am trying to have. Maybe if I am more interested down the track I may grow from seed but for now I may try and just buy herbs locally as you suggested, may have some luck there.

Cheers

Check out the Shaman Australis forums for a wealth of info regarding Aya. You'll love the community there and will find all the info you are after.

The shrooms I had in Bali a few times were unbelievable. Best trips i've ever had, so intense, stuff was fully moving and distorting. It was a life experience that I will never forget. And they were legal, we bought shroom shakes from a bar just like buying a beer. Felt weird in a way not having to be secretive about it. I think they've made them illegal over there in the last few years but I bet they are still everywhere. I've been thinking I'd like to go back over there for the sole purpose of going tripping on those shrooms a few times again.

I tried shrooms here a few times in Byron and I dont know if they were the wrong type or what but they did jack shit.

The shrooms I had in Bali a few times were unbelievable. Best trips i've ever had, so intense, stuff was fully moving and distorting. It was a life experience that I will never forget. And they were legal, we bought shroom shakes from a bar just like buying a beer. Felt weird in a way not having to be secretive about it. I think they've made them illegal over there in the last few years but I bet they are still everywhere. I've been thinking I'd like to go back over there for the sole purpose of going tripping on those shrooms a few times again.

I tried shrooms here a few times in Byron and I dont know if they were the wrong type or what but they did jack shit.

The Balines shrooms are a different species - Copelandia Cyanescens , if my memory serves .....
Most likely you encountered Cubensis at Byron .....