• REAGENT TESTING & DRUG CHECKING Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Featured Link 1 Featured Link 2
  • RT&DC Moderators: arrall

Help Interpreting Marquis, Mecke, Mandelin, Froehde, Liebermann results

gibberish-noise

Bluelighter
This is my first time testing my drugs. I would appreciate if those more knowledgeable than I would provide their input. Thanks in advance. Apologies mods if this is the incorrect place to post; please move it to a more suitable subforum if so.

From left to right:

Froehde - dark blue / navy
Liebermann - orange-brown
Mandelin - purple-brown (the reagent is yellow; the others are clear)
Marquis - red-purple-brown
Mecke - dark khaki / green-brown

Substance is purple chalky powder (the texture is reminiscent of slightly larger grained icing/powdered sugar) sold as 'heroin'. I suspected fentanyl or U-47700, but these reagents don't test for either of those.

Dancesafe's testing kit instructions (unsure if links are allowed as it is not listed as an approved site in the options, but you can search the first four words and it should come up) don't really match the results. As I see it, Marquis says heroin, Mecke says some opiate but doesn't specify which, and Mandelin, Froehde, and Liebermann have no suggestions for the colours yielded.

I then used dancesafe fentanyl strips. After I did the first one, I noticed that the instructions mentioned to avoid the sample touching above the blue line, so I redid the test with the remnants of the same sample (not all was absorbed by the first strip). Results:

So there's at least some fet in it...disappointed but not surprised. Any chance the reagents are correct here or are they random results due to not being able to identify fentalogues? Similar experiences? Effects from substances that caused these reagent results?

Well, that's rather odd. The reagent results definitely don't match for heroin because liebermann, froehde and mecke are incorrect.
Do you have any more fentanyl strips? It would be interesting to try testing with a much smaller amount of sample and see if it still gives a positive.

I guess it's just some "stuff" mixed together with enough fentanyl to approximate the strength of heroin and therefore have an opioid effect.

Would you be willing to send a sample of it off in the post for a lab test if I could arrange that?

Well, that's rather odd. The reagent results definitely don't match for heroin because liebermann, froehde and mecke are incorrect.
Do you have any more fentanyl strips? It would be interesting to try testing with a much smaller amount of sample and see if it still gives a positive.

I guess it's just some "stuff" mixed together with enough fentanyl to approximate the strength of heroin and therefore have an opioid effect.

Would you be willing to send a sample of it off in the post for a lab test if I could arrange that?
Thank you for the input, Transform! I've zero clue what any of the reagents typically look like in reaction with the substances they're intended to identify. Do you find that heroin yields the colours those reagents say they do?

I have three strips left (the reagents came with five total). Probably ought to order more, else save them for another time.

My curiosity says yes, but with appreciation I will decline your offer because I'm stingy and don't want to pay postage or spend more money on buying (to make up for product lost due to testing). I'm quite miffed at the tenth point I already used - if it's got fentanyl, even that amount would still give a decent state of altered consciousness - but no bad gibber, we must test drugs.

Though I must ask - how do you (who are, I assume, an ordinary citizen) have access to GC/MS? The idea fills my amateur chemist heart with jealousy haha.

Kind of off topic, but I’ve been wondering if there’s any way for folks in the US to get samples tested for free? Like some sponsor program where well off old school rollers provide capital for poor folks like me who’ve got a couple batches of product they’d like tested. Or am I dreaming? Lol.

-GC

Do you find that heroin yields the colours those reagents say they do?
Yes, indeed that's kind of the point of reagent tests, is that they always give the same colour change when exposed to the same substance.

If you still have any left, I have sent you a PM about the testing.

My go to for testing results is this online tool provided by the manufacturer of some very high quality test kits in Europe. It’s pretty self explanatory but you can either look up a substance and it will tell you the expected reaction colour for every reagent OR you can enter the specific colour result you got for every single reagent and it will tell you what possible substances you have (hopefully only one possibility but sometimes more).

Start by pressing the flashing blue + sign towards bottom of page to enter your first reagent/colour result. E.g. Froede : blue. That will give you a list of every known substance that gives blue for foredeck. Narrow it down by adding your next result ie. Lieberman: Orange….keep going until you’ve added them all or only got one substance

If you have challenges with it I’m happy to explain further.

Also if y0u have an Android phone this App from bunk police will interpret your results https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bunkpolice.bunkpolice

Also more: if you look closely at the bottom at the individual reagent test pages on bunk police you will find a colour spectrum reaction booklet for that reagent. Together these booklets have a wealth of information about testing all kinds of obscure substances with combinations of reagents. See Lieberman for example: https://bunkpolice.com/product/liebermann-spot-test-kit/

Also, when testing for the most common drugs there is a correct order to the specific reagents for that drug. The bunkpolice booklets in the link above tell you what that order is. Once those reagents have shown the presence of your desired substance (hopefully) then you start using the other ones to identify or rule out additives or psychoactive cuts.