interesting question..any thoughts?

raversxstacy

Bluelighter
hey i was thinking aout this while looking at the pics me and my friends took at our last rave...ever notice how shitty you look at a rave?
and i was thinking...why is it that when you look your worst, you feel your best?
its odd..

haha you are so right. I have some pictures of me, and friend, at MANY different raves... and I think to myself:
"can I realy bend that way?" (responce.... NO.. OUCH!)
"how is my jaw doing that"...
"would a camera with red-eye protection make me look any less fuct? prolly not"
"when the hell did THAT happen!?"
"I didn't do THAT did I!?"
"we are SO messed up!!!"
"why doesn't anyone ELSE look that fuct up!?"
"LETS DO IT AGAIN!"
the list goes on, and on... but as far as how the rest of me (besides my FACE) looks in the pictures, I am pretty anal about what I am wearing... hehe, I'm usualy lookin' trimned and tucked the WHOLE evening... until the end... when I just don't care anymore.. hehe
anyways, happy rollin... and I hope that you look REALY awful the next time you roll... if you catch my drift!!! hehe
wink.gif

PLUR!
hmm, maybe I should get these pics uploaded, and SAHRE!... hehe

because when you feel at your best...you're
free and really don't care. so, particularly
at a rave--you're at a higher state, whether
from dancing or whatever, you're free from
restraint, free from judgement, even free
from yourself in some cases.
more people should dance, it would solve many a problem.

What I think is hysterical, is that when I look at pictures from raves where I *KNOW* I didn't get f'd up, I STILL LOOK F'D UP!!!
PLUR
Tig

Heh, I dunno. I've had party pix turn out cute, but also totally had my share of fuct up ones... Yet I can't imagine that we all look awful at parties, simply cuz it seems to me when I'm at a party that everyone around me looks so pretty.. yanno? Haven't you ever looked around you at a rave and just thought my god, how can there be so many beautiful people?
Or maybe I'm just rollin and all luvved up and etarded so everyone just seems that way.
smile.gif

~*~ Ashke ~*~

AWE SHIT!
Just got my NYE pics back, and I must say, i wont be sharing these with anyone...lol. I look like I should be on the cover of CRACKED magazine.
Also, ever notice how busted EVERYONE looks at the end of a party, after you been dancing 10 hours or so, your stinky, sweaty, and frankly don't give a shit then...POOF... the lights go on.....

hey there,
My response my not be as positive but I have noticed that my pict. when I first started partying all of em' looked pretty good. Now that time has gone on I look all cracked out in the pict....I think it has something to do w/ the quality of the roll. LIke for me, the feeling is not the same anymore, and therefore I look like I do. Have a nice day.
Much Love Amola
smile.gif

hehehehe, my friends and i were just discussing this topic.
ever noticed how ugly everyone looks right after rolling???..... or is it just me and my group of crackhead friends.....
smile.gif

I almost always look terrible in pictures no matter what, so I can't say much there
wink.gif
but yes, most people cna look pretty cracked out after rolling, esp. when the sun comes up. Sometimes it's really scary looking into the faces of your new friends by the light of the dawn, but this new years I had such a wonderful experience when this happened. I went to a desert rave in LA (Heaven)... it was a wonderful vibe, lotsa fun, etc, etc, great place to be for the turning of the clock (under the stars) but it was SO bitterly cold and windy! I made friends with a beautiful Israeli boy and we spent the night rolling in his jeep with the heat on. Everyone knows how bad they look at the end of the party, and most of the time you don't care, but in a setting like this, I cared just a bit more. My hair was matted because of the wind, my metallic eyelashes had fallen off and the only place the eyeshadow stuck was where once there had been glue... you all get the picture. This guy was such a sweetheart, and showed just as much love for his cracked out lookin friend at 10am as he did at 11pm.
smile.gif
How often does that happen? Not often enough. I love lovely people!
Post more pics!

Everyone does look like shit the next day. We usually afterbar until 9 or 10 the next morning. After having people rub you and run their fingers thru your hair, you get pretty nasty. Not to mention not sleeping all night and putting substances in you all night, kindof wrecks you. I usually waste my whole Sunday trying to recupe. I can't wait to go back to work, so I can get some rest.

I LOVE how people look on e and ALL the photos...just takes me back to good times, good people. Who gives a toss what you look like anyway, its how you feel. One of my favorite moments in raving is when its about noon, youve been awake for nearly two days, the sun is beating down, you're dancing manically, grinding your teeth away, eyes all bugged out, your makeup is around your ankles, your jeans have gum on the ass and and you are covered in two-time grime from head to toe, you dont give a fuck what you look like because you are having such a goddamn brilliant time. Please, someone take a photo, I want to remember this feeling!
------------------
"The spice extends life; the spice expands conciousness;the spice is vital to space travel"

Even thought most pictures look horrible, it is still fun to look at them and remember all the fun your were having at the time. A picture can spark something in you that may cause you to remember a wonderful feeling you were having.
New Years was the first time I brought a camera with me, and I am insanely glad I did. I really dont remember taking half the pictures
smile.gif
but I now have memories. Somebody got a pic of me sitting right in front of the speaker, and when I saw it I just remembered how completely fucked up I was then...
ROLL ON AND BE SAFE!

OH MY GOD!!
GREAT topic!! i was thinking the SAME thing the other day....
couple things...
1) i dont think i've ever had a rolling pic of me taken with my eyes open
2) i don't think ANYONE"S pupils should look like that
3) it's fun to see the pics from early in the night... then the end when everyone is laying down, out cold whatever
4) piece of advice... Vicks looks REALLY bad in pics...i swear i don't sweat that much
5) who the hell was that girl? i don't even remember her...
6) the expressions... man some of the pics i've seen...i swear they look like something out of blair witch
------------------
soulfly
"I am more than a mathematical equation...i am more than a chemical combination... my existence cannot be reduced to a scientific theory!"
**SPIN-E**

I've gotta break with the prevailing opinion here and say my girlfriend is never more beautiful than when she is rolling. Dilated pupils, insanely happy expressions, and a glowing tone to her skin. Wonderful stuff...
Did you know that the women of some native South American tribes used to drop belladonna (deadly nightshade) extract into their eyes to dilate them? it was their version of make-up...it was considered very attractive.
------------------
I will find humor in my everyday life by looking for people I can laugh at.